Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Club (old Gabriella's)

Northeast OKC Kentucky Club (old Gabriella's)

[category=]Restaurants[/category]
    [category=]Northeast[/category]
    [category=]Current[/category]

[toc]no[/toc]
    Address: 1226 NE 63rd
    Phone: (405) 478-4955
    Hours: Mon-Thu 3 pm - 10 pm
    Fri-Sat 3 pm - 11 pm
    Development:
    Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	5925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	5926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	5927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	5928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab6.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	5929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab7.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	5930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gab9.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	5931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gabriella1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	5932  

Last edited by Pete; 02-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Would be cool if Head Country BBQ opened up a sit down dining restaurant in Okc. I've never eaten at the Head Country Ponca city restaurant but I hear it is tremendous BBQ. I do love to buy and use their sauces and rubs, my family members always rave about my grilling when I do use Head Country.

For some reason the HHH made me think of Head Country out of Ponca City.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Would be cool if Head Country BBQ opened up a sit down dining restaurant in Okc. I've never eaten at the Head Country Ponca city restaurant but I hear it is tremendous BBQ. I do love to buy and use their sauces and rubs, my family members always rave about my grilling when I do use Head Country.

For some reason the HHH made me think of Head Country out of Ponca City.
    I've had their catering numerous times and it is amazing. I would love for them to have a local location as well.

Sad. "The Oklahoma Line," in its heyday, was the most awesome BBQ/Rib joint in OKC. As it became the "County Line," it started a slow but inevitable descent into ungoodness and, finally, oblivion.

And, yes, I realize ungoodness isn't a word. I'm trying to create it.

5. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Public records show "HHH Investments, LLC" is legally in use in the state of Oklahoma with attorney Randy Lee Goodman, as registered agent. The LLC was formed on the 7th of November 2011. Goodman is just the registered agent - not necessarily involved with HHH, except in that legal role. Doesn't tell us much, but that's all there is.

We need our moles to go to work on this one.
    Come on.. there are some really important people that frequent OKCtalk!

Sounds like this LLC was formed with the express purpose of buying this building.

It almost has to be used as a restaurant so let's hope they've got a quality operator lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Sounds like this LLC was formed with the express purpose of buying this building.

It almost has to be used as a restaurant so let's hope they've got a quality operator lined up.
    It would probably be too much to hope that someone might try to resuscitate the old, original Oklahoma Line moniker...okay, okay, I know, I'm dreaming. Can't blame a guy for trying.

9. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

I'll have the full story next week....

10. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'll have the full story next week....
    I can see that sly smile coming right through the intertubes! You're good - I can wait a few days.

Lackmeyer is such a tease.

12. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Not meaning to be a tease. It's just that I don't want to do a half-ass story. I'll be able to get the full story next week.

Darn you reporters and your need to triple check your facts and set aside time for family and sleep. Just give it to us Fox style and add a little disclaimer at the bottom that says *not meant to be factual.

I keeed of course.

So how about "They" resurrect the long deserted "Four Palms" label (from a sign that used to hang out on NE 23rd near Hiawassee) and serve Miami Cuban Caribbean Fusion Type food? The building is a perfect match for the cuisine . . . and Caribbean BBQ can't be beat! Especially the BBQed fish and paella!

That, or The Chicken Fried Steak Art Deco Palace . . . (kidding)

'zackly how does one spell "caribbean"? that don't look right to me...=)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    So how about "They" resurrect the long deserted "Four Palms" label (from a sign that used to hang out on NE 23rd near Hiawassee) and serve Miami Cuban Caribbean Fusion Type food? The building is a perfect match for the cuisine . . . and Caribbean BBQ can't be beat! Especially the BBQed fish and paella!

That, or The Chicken Fried Steak Art Deco Palace . . . (kidding)

'zackly how does one spell "caribbean"? that don't look right to me...=)
    Your spelling is spot on, Radical.

whew . . . that's a relief! =)

BTW: "The Four Palms" was apparently what was known back in the day as a "Supper Club". It was long gone--except for the sign and the non-descript building--when I moved here back in '73. I just can't imagine that a tastefully gaudy neon sign--featuring four palm trees--over there by the racetrack wouldn't bring 'em in by droves to feast upon pork, seafood, chicken and even that mashed plantain concoction from Haiti that I've seen on TV.

I have no idea what the plans are but I agree that the art deco building would be ideal for something like a Miami Beach type Cuban or Caribbean style restaurant.

Of course . . . I recall with extreme sadness how "Bahama Breeze" crapped out in this market . . .
    (But I really didn't get that, because every time we went there it was packed . . .)

The place I'm imagining would be taking the basic menu concept to a much higher level of authentic quality, of course . . . =)

Of course . . . I recall with extreme sadness how "Bahama Breeze" crapped out in this market . . .
    (But I really didn't get that, because every time we went there it was packed . . .)

The place I'm imagining would be taking the basic menu concept to a much higher level of authentic quality, of course . . . =)
    They did not "just" crap out in OKC they crapped out in other markets too. The BB in Las Colinas closed down as well and it always seemed packed with people. If I remember correctly, this concept is owned by Darden Group who owns the Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc... and they actually closed several BB locations across the US not just in OKC. It seems like it crapped out in several US markets.

Hated to lose Bahama which was made even worse by replacing it with an average Mexican restaurant

County Line bldg would be a perfect spot for a Babe's...Always try to eat there when down in the Dallas area

Just for grins and giggles, if it was not going to be returned to a food place .. what would be its next best use?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Just for grins and giggles, if it was not going to be returned to a food place .. what would be its next best use?
    (How about) . . .
    The Hall of Fame of Failed Restaurant Dreams and Culinary Heritage Museum/Funeral Home.
    (?)

(How about) . . .
    The Hall of Fame of Failed Restaurant Dreams and Culinary Heritage Museum/Funeral Home.
    (?)
    I would probably go to this ^

There are 8 County Line locations still open including the original location in Austin, most are in Texas (Austin-2, San Antonio-2, Houston-2, El Paso-1, called State Line BBQ) and one is in Albuquerque. The Colorado Springs location closed before the OKC location. The group that owns the chain are based in Austin and has three other concepts, Cannoli Joe's in Austin (all you can eat Italian buffet), Barriba Cantina in San Antonio and Side Door Liquor Store next to the State Line BBQ in El Paso but in New Mexico. I've eaten at the ones in Austin and they were pretty much the same as the one in OKC. I still preferred the OKC location, the OKC and original Austin location are some unique buildings that they are/were in. I would hope that OKC building could be used in a similar fashion by another operator.

Thread Information