Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Club (old Gabriella's)

Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

Sheesh. Sounds like they need to get their act together, and fast.

I deleted a bunch of posts that were way off topic.

Back to discussing Gabriella's please.

3. Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

Wife and I went there last Friday with a couple of friends. We were seated when we walked in the door (had a reservation).

The food took right at one hour to arrive after ordering. The salad was lettuce on a plate. Food was subpar for me. But that's a taste thing. Just wasn't to my taste. I didn't care for their marinara (too sweet). But my wife and the other two in our party LOVED their food. Wife got pizza, said it was wonderful.

I will give them another shot in a few months...I guess I will get something without marinara sauce. Lol.

I have heard that Oscar works there. Best waiter, EVAR. I'm going to set aside my dislike of Krebs food just to sit in his section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    An Italian restaurant that does not serve wine is like a BBQ joint that does not serve pork.
    You nailed it.

I wonder if they let you bring in your own bottle and do the "corkage fee" thing (as do several Thai/Oriental restaurants in the metro, plus, allegedly, The Mantle and Deep Fork).

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    You nailed it.

I wonder if they let you bring in your own bottle and do the "corkage fee" thing (as do several Thai/Oriental restaurants in the metro, plus, allegedly, The Mantle and Deep Fork).
    Gabriella's has a good wine selection and an incredible beer menu. I WAS TALKING ABOUT BELLA VISTA. Sorry if there is any confusion.

7. Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

I finally went to Gabriella's today for lunch. I realize that's different from dinner. But they were doing good business, they're quick to admit they aren't fast food or fast casual. But I had a great, leisurely one-hour lunch.

And the review of your food was.............

9. Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

Good. Not better than the Wedge (split a pizza with two friends). Also had a cup of minestrone soup. I love the views, and the the way they redid the space. All in all, I was happy with my experience. Is it a place I can afford to visit everyday? No. But it would join the rotation of Kyle's and Red Prime of special night eateries, if that makes sense.

np. asked and answered.

If you want to see their full menu and prices, go here:

Menu | Gabriella's Italian Grill and Pizzeria

I don't understand the talk about high prices.

For example, Gabriella's has made-from-scratch, baked-in-a-real-wood-oven lasagna for $16. The same meal at out-of-the-can-or-freezer Olive Garden in OKC is $13.

Most entres at Gabriella's are within $2-$3 of O.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

For example, Gabriella's has made-from-scratch, baked-in-a-real-wood-oven lasagna for $16. The same meal at out-of-the-can-or-freezer Olive Garden in OKC is $13.

This is Oklahoma....not California.

While our unemployment is low you have to consider the average house hold incomes are lower then other parts of the country. To a lot of families spending 50-60 at olive garden for 4 people instead of 70-80(3 bucks more per item, and more tip) is a lot of money ----- and unlike California, we also tend not to max out credit cards trying to feed an unsustainable lifestyle.

13. Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

If you want to see their full menu and prices, go here:

Menu | Gabriella's Italian Grill and Pizzeria

I think you're using California menu pricing at Olive Garden - not sure I've ever seen anything run more than $11 to $12 at the very mediocre OG. Pete, also keep in mind, for a working guy like me, a $20 - $40 meal is a special occasion.

Default Re: County Line BBQ to become Gabriella's Italian Kitchen (Krebs ties)

No, the prices are from the QS Olive Garden.

And I really didn't mean you Steve, just lots of other comments about their "high prices".

I went to Gabriella's not long after they opened and the food was really good. Our waiter wasn't the best and lunch turned into 1 1/2 hours instead of 1. I thought the price was reasonable, plus they brought us plenty of bread due to our wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post

While our unemployment is low you have to consider the average house hold incomes are lower then other parts of the country. To a lot of families spending 50-60 at olive garden for 4 people instead of 70-80(3 bucks more per item, and more tip) is a lot of money ----- and unlike California, we also tend not to max out credit cards trying to feed an unsustainable lifestyle.
    What do wild, broad generalizations about California have to do with anything?

Just pointing out that Gabriella's prices are only slightly higher than mass-produced chain food.

17. Default Re: Gabriella's - Will never go back

So........ what's your point - Oklahoma shouldn't have places priced above an Olive Garden because our median household income is lower? I guess we better run Red Prime and Boulevard and the like out of town on a rail! Gabriella's isn't opening a can of Chef Boyardee and trying to pass it off as authentic homemade. They are the real deal. Service is their hurdle, not quality, quantity or price IMO.

What do wild, broad generalizations about California have to do with anything?
    Just pointing out that Gabriella's prices are only slightly higher than mass-produced chain food.
    I get what you are saying, but when people who live outside the state say 'hey, its just a few more dollars-whats the big deal'....you have to realize that 10-15 dollars in California terms is different than 10-15 dollars in Oklahoma terms.

For example, average price of home in OKC, city of 1.2 million - 124K
    Price of home in san deigo, 1.3 million - 375k

I know they arent good cities to compare, but just going off population numbers to illustrate a point on a broader level that we have different perceptions over what is a lot of money. So if a few people in the thread mentioned the food seemed priced high, it probably is for our location.

William, you'd be surprised by how bad the economy is here. Unemployment still over 10% and as you mentioned, cost of living is very, very high.

Anyway, I think most people don't mind paying slightly more for a vastly superior product.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    So........ what's your point - Oklahoma shouldn't have places priced above an Olive Garden because our median household income is lower? I guess we better run Red Prime and Boulevard and the like out of town on a rail! Gabriella's isn't opening a can of Chef Boyardee and trying to pass it off as authentic homemade. They are the real deal. Service is their hurdle, not quality, quantity or price IMO.
    Calm down.

You are a good example of what im talking about. How different people have different perceptions over what something is worth. I've seen through your post that you dont understand how people could spend 40k on a truck and act like thats normal, and you dont understand how people can spend so much on a house in the suburbs when you bought a house for cheap in the city and fixed it up.

Well...you dont understand it because its not that important to you (which is fine, we are all different), you are content in living in a part of town that most of us would never consider living in, only buying used vehicles, etc.. while...treating yourself and your wife to some of the 'nicer' restaurants around town.

Me, I live in the suburbs on land, own new cars, and at this point (we have little kids) going out and spending alot of money on restaurants isnt as important as it once was.

With that said we have family near the Krebs area so I grew up going down there multiple times a year and even as a kid i can remember the quality of the food starting to go down over the years so im sure that had some influence over my perception of Gabriellas. When I took my wife and saw the prices and thought this is going to be great, just like i remember when I was a little kid...left thinking it was good, but to me - at this point i doubt i would go back because i didnt think it was worth it.

Food was good, and it is local so I would recommend anyone checking it out.

My family only heads down to the city once every few months and this most recent time we were absolutely clueless that the County Line had closed! Our typical visit to OKC has been this: do whatever we came for (e.g. visit my 103 year old grandmother), do grocery shopping at Super Gao Nguyen and/or Chinatown Supermarket, eat at County Line, go home. This last time I got a real kick in the gut when I pulled into the County Line parking lot to find it gone - and replaced with Italian food (get a rope)! I just turned around and drove away. We wound up eating at Cracker Barrel on the way outta town (whimper).

If I had read about it before I might have chanced it, but it generally takes some cajoling to get my family, soured by Joseppi's and now Olive Garden in Stillwater, to try "Italian" cuisine. Maybe next time.

However, we have more disposable income than many of the cities with significantly higher cost of living. So, we may be more able to afford a bit more. However, if I have small children, I don't waste an expensive meal on them regardless. For those of us with older or no children, I'd rather eat out less and eat better when I do dine away from home.

And to stay on topic, I'm a fan of Gabriella's food, but think their salads and bread need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by RatOmeter View Post
    My family only heads down to the city once every few months and this most recent time we were absolutely clueless that the County Line had closed! Our typical visit to OKC has been this: do whatever we came for (e.g. visit my 103 year old grandmother), do grocery shopping at Super Gao Nguyen and/or Chinatown Supermarket, eat at County Line, go home. This last time I got a real kick in the gut when I pulled into the County Line parking lot to find it gone - and replaced with Italian food (get a rope)! I just turned around and drove away. We wound up eating at Cracker Barrel on the way outta town (whimper).

If I had read about it before I might have chanced it, but it generally takes some cajoling to get my family, soured by Joseppi's and now Olive Garden in Stillwater, to try "Italian" cuisine. Maybe next time.
    it must have been a long time between trips .... county line closed last november

24. Default Re: County Line BBQ to become Gabriella's Italian Kitchen (Krebs ties)

Gabriella's is headed in the right direction. Did lunch there today with my usual group of downtown professionals and I've got to say there was not a single thing wrong with the entire experience.

Got there at 12:30 and the parking lot was PACKED. The restaurant itself was probably 2/3rds full or more and there were 3-5 tables of people waiting. That said, we were seated (6 of us) within 10 minutes. Our waitresses was excellent - very friendly, bubbly and attentive. We sort of created out own buffet of Italian goodness..... Bread & oil, ravioli, lamb fries, soprano pizza, spaghetti & meatballs, tortellini and then the piece de resistance.... banana split!

The food arrived complete within 20 minutes and was excellent. The lamb fries blow Cattleman's away and the tortellini was my favorite. The spaghetti was good, but I actually prefer it from Venetian in MWC.

If this is their new normal - then this place is gonna make it and OKC dinning is better for it.

Prunepicker Guest

I haven't visited this thread for quite a while. Is Gabriella's in the
    place where that place called County Line BBQ was once located?

Is it Italian?

Thread Information