Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Club (old Gabriella's)

Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Say! Since this building was apparently an authetic "speakeasy"--of sorts--at one point in its illustrious history, what about a "Restaurant/Bar" with a Prohibition theme? . . (!)

Oh. Wait . . .
    (One of those is already a nominee for The Hall of Fame and another is operating in or near Gabriella's--yet another candidate) . . .

I still am wondering if a certain local dentist purchased this as HHH?

Just for grins and giggles, if it was not going to be returned to a food place .. what would be its next best use?

cage fight journalist
    meeting internet pundit
    money on dentist

(so maybe okc need something different than bbq?)

How about a consignment shop?
    Or Art Gallery/Shoppe?
    Maybe with a tea room and mini cupcakes?

4. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Nah, no cage fight journalist. Story is, as explained many times on this site with previous prompting by said person: staffing at the paper is far less than it used to be. My core beat remains development of the urban core and private/public development. But we all are called upon to cover stories far beyond our beats as we try to provided as extensive coverage as possible. He has made it clear in the past he doesn't agree with story choices, etc. Whatever. I'm not an arrogant guy who thinks he's above his readers. I try to be as accessible as possible (I've happily met in person with several regular posters on this site). But there are some people who are simply intent on taking jabs, etc. And yeah, it gets old. He knows what he was doing with this jab as much as he knew what he was doing in a separate thread where he suggested to Thunder he could sell used McDonald's toys at his retail booth. I'd appreciate it if this ends now. But I doubt that without the involvement of a moderator it will.

I hope that you realize that I'm "on your side here" Steve.
    (At least at 3 to 5. =)

Perhaps the non-issue ["problem/room for improvement/rung to excellence/whatever"] is that you decided to venture down here into the "Everything Else" section of this venue. Pretty swampy territory . . . Much like the original location of the building known as "Country Line BBQ" . . . I would say "Cajun Food!" as a suggestion, but there are already Faux too many "Cajun" restaurants to count. =)

Re-Sale Building.
    (Yeah . . . That's the ticket . . . =)

6. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

We're totally cool Radical Moderate. One other aside: I was asked to cover this situation with County Line because of I've done a lot of research on the city's history, etc.

Which is why I am on your side (The History/Actual Knowledge of/Local) connection.
    (Not that any of that matters . . . Even if it does. =)

Plus you are an Actual Journalist instead of . . . [wuddafukeverotheradinfinitum...=)]

I wonder if the same folks who just purchased the Classic Art Deco structure most recently used as a Barbeque (chain) restaurant had a hand in the purchase and restoration of that Art Deco former "eyesore" over there on the north edge of Crown Heights . . .

Okay: Here's the concept:
    Instead of "Ricks" . . . (as in "Casablanca"--already tried) . . .
    (Dang . . . I had it but it went away . . . =)

I'm just happy that the interim caretakers of the property were properly compensated for their care.
    Of the property. (sorry that Dolton's Abbey Show is on in the background =)

There is a lot of potential for the area with the growth predicted in the adventure district. There are already subdevelopments planned for the immediate area based on future projections. The new owners could be speculating. Other than a restaurant a hospitality or entertainment venue could be possible.

HHH . . . The Triple H BBQ . . .
    No . . . wait . . . it's coming to me . . .
    HHH (Hubert H. Humphrey) . . .

Hubie's Fish House:
    All Walleye All The Time
    prepared in a variety of styles
    (including bbq)

Dang. I forgot we were supposed to be thinking of restaurant alternatives . . .

How about:
    Pretty Boy Floyd's
    Consignment Shoppe

and Armoirie

Vintage Clothing and Ammunition

This would work on more than one level as H&H Gun Range could sue HHH and thereby provide money so that lawyers could eat at the BBQ that might have been there instead. Win/Win. No?

10. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

11. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Great news! The new owners are from Krebs and intend to make the place a "destination" restaurant. See http://newsok.com/county-line-barbeq...rticle/3639247

On edit: Ha. We were posting at the same time!

I'd rate this as way better than great news. If done well, any diet plans I have been considering are in serious freaking trouble.

13. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I'd rate this as way better than great news. If done well, any diet plans I have been considering are in serious freaking trouble.
    Me and you both. I can't wait to tell the rest of this story.

Can't wait to go to Choc BBQ!

15. Default Re: County Line BBQ Building Sold

http://newsok.com/article/3639247

Sounds like it might be an Italian restaurant to me. Maybe Pete's Place of OKC. I'd love it.

“When more information is released on this property, this will be the most anticipated restaurant since the opening of Cheesecake Factory,” Ravencraft said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/county-line-barbeq...#ixzz1j7gQULF9
    OH Boy!!

Sounds great and it will no doubt help to draw more people to the Cowboy Hall and Adventure District.
    Last edited by Pete; 01-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    http://newsok.com/article/3639247

Sounds like it might be an Italian restaurant to me. Maybe Pete's Place of OKC. I'd love it.
    Not Pete's Place, even though that would be nice.

There is an Itallian restaurant in Krebs call Rosanna's. I has good food. That is a possibility.

GaryS,
    Actually, the last time I was there, there were three Italian restaurants, Rosanna's, Pete's Place, and The Isle of Capri. All excellent by the way. That is of course, my opinion.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    There is an Itallian restaurant in Krebs call Rosanna's. I has good food. That is a possibility.

Krebs inspired is fab news on its own. That it won't be Pete's west is still better news.

I like Pete's. Dang good food, but it's not my first Krebs based choice when life takes me back there.

Thanks C.T. I forgot about the third one. I have not been to the Isle of Capri. I will look them up the next time i am there.

I suppose that with "The Krebs Connection" . . .

Maynard G's

is completely out of the question . . .
    (or the answer . . . )

Probably a good thing . . . If nothing else, the confusion of Eastern Europeans who made The New Place a "Destination" might be minimized . . .
    "Vat? I came here for krebs . . . You haf no krebs?"

Unless, of course, BBQ'd Italian Seafood--Done in The Seattle Style is on the menu . . .

Maybe Krebs Brewing would be a great fit for this location.

^^ That's a Great idea!

Okc could use more breweries, and no better place than an "old speakeasy".

Thread Information