Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

1. Exclamation Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Once a thriving business location at the northeast corner of 29th and Sunnylane, the grocery store, Brannons, closed as soon a nearby Albertsons (changeover to Williams and now Homeland) opened. For years, the lot sat empty and the building continued to deteriorate. Now the residents of Del City are driving by with fresh welcome news of a new 7-11 coming soon. Management with 7-11 has said that the location will be their new flagship store complete with retail spaces. Over the past few months, consumers have noticed aggressive competition with most 7-11 stores selling gas as much as 10 to 20 cents lower than nearby competitors. 7-11's major competitor at the new location is an OnCue a mile to the east. Del City residents can expect to see drastic changes to take place over the next several months.

Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Already a thread on this but still, beautiful summary Thunder. I'm impressed.

I normally don't really care if a new 7-11 comes around but with the way you made this one sound it seems different/better than any other ones.

One question: is it the flagship store of Oklahoma City or just Del City?

3. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Status Update

Demolition is now in progress throughout the day. The mini auto garages is still standing.

This will surely make Del City a destination place for out of towner's.

5. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Status Update

The auto garages have been destroyed. Cleanup and leveling is now in progress.

Last edited by kevinpate; 01-01-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: del - snarky w/o cause

7. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Kevin, I saw it. You didn't have to delete it.

Is the man who met Andy Griffith going to be there or will they celebrate the ribbon cutting with it's first shoplifting arrest by Del City Police.

Is this an actual 7-11 with slurpees or an Oklahoma 7-11 with the "icy-drink"?

10. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Is this an actual 7-11 with slurpees or an Oklahoma 7-11 with the "icy-drink"?
    It will be an Oklahoma based business with many flavors of Icy drinks. You will for sure to love the new flagship store, which will rival the nearest competitor, OnCue. Healthy snacks will be offered, such as packaged salads (different varieties to choose from) and packaged fruits (different varieties to choose from). Additionally, there will be healthy fruits, such as apples, oranges, pears, bananas, etc. The layout will be clean and spacious. Public restrooms will be provided free of charge and will be checked/cleaned on an hourly basis. As a courtesy, there will be a dedicated area outside for Free Air to ensure proper inflation for your vehicle's tires. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I will do my best to take care of you.

Thunder is 7-11's official spokesman incase anyone didn't know that. LOL

12. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Maybe he got a job there? Or he is just trying to talk up his hometown with a little pride. Can't fault him for that.

Its not a real 7-11 without a real Slurpee machine. The oklahoma 7-11s are a disgrace to Slurpees everywhere

14. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    Its not a real 7-11 without a real Slurpee machine. The oklahoma 7-11s are a disgrace to Slurpees everywhere
    Incorrect!

You will be very impressed with the flagship store. Icy. Slurpee. Whatever. Deal with it. There are always many brands for each product on the market. Reflect very closely at the brands you choose to eat and/or use.

15. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Give me an Icee over a Slurpee any day.

16. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Give me an Icee over a Slurpee any day.
    I love this guy!!!

17. Default Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Largest property in 7-11's history has been leveled. Foundation will begin soon.

Thunder, what leads you to believe this will be a flagship store? Do you even know what at means? Oklahoma has no true flagship stores of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Thunder, what leads you to believe this will be a flagship store? Do you even know what at means? Oklahoma has no true flagship stores of anything.
    pretty sure the sonic in bricktown could be called a "flagship" store ..

If I know anything about the word flagship, it's that it's thrown around on here wayyyy too often.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    pretty sure the sonic in bricktown could be called a "flagship" store ..
    Yah, but I'd hardly call it a true flagship store, traditionally speaking.

I am glad to see 7-Eleven stepping it up now. I have a fondness for the local 7-Eleven chain - they paid my bills for a few years - but after shopping at the (then) new OnCue stores, I just didn't want to go back in the tiny, dingy, understaffed 7-Eleven stores. However, in their defense, 7-Eleven has built some newer, larger stores in the last few years, but there are still many of the old ones that haven't been updated and it is starting to show.

Wink Re: Del City to Host 7/11's Official Flagship Store

Rather have Quick-Trip than 7-Eleven or OnCue, but at least OnCue is like a Quick-Trip

Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    Rather have Quick-Trip than 7-Eleven or OnCue, but at least OnCue is like a Quick-Trip
    I'd rather have OnCue and Quik-Trip than 7-Eleven. OnCue and Quik-Trip are like twins but one's a boy and the other is a girl. Sadly, if what Steve says is true then Oklahoma City can forget about ever having a Quik-Trip.

I wonder why OKC doesn't have a Quiktrip?

Thread Information