Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Fe Station

Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Pete, do you know if Pinkitzel will stay in place or forced out?

Blog Entries

All three of those pink spaces are theirs right? Seems like no then? (for them staying)

Gaylord looks like it might be asphalt. That better not be the case. All P180 streets were to be in cement and I hope the same goes for Gaylord.

I think they are staying. No reason for them to move.

Blog Entries

oh good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Gaylord looks like it might be asphalt. That better not be the case. All P180 streets were to be in cement and I hope the same goes for Gaylord.
    The way it works is, since P180 and street car are not coordinated, they'll do P180 first in concrete, then later on they'll tear up the concrete and put in asphalt. :-P

They're renderings, I wouldn't put too much stock in concrete or asphalt. Isn't Gaylord supposed to be redone as part of P180? If that is the case, they will most assuredly use concrete.

Looks like both the P180 EKG and station renovation work will start in July.

This will be another very exciting step for downtown and will bring much more life and activity to that great building which is under-utilized and thus under-appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    The way it works is, since P180 and street car are not coordinated, they'll do P180 first in concrete, then later on they'll tear up the concrete and put in asphalt. :-P
    Are they really not working with each other to do both projects at the same time? That's weird and a waste of money. What on earth are these people thinking?

Are they really not working with each other to do both projects at the same time? That's weird and a waste of money. What on earth are these people thinking?
    I think that was sarcasm from Shawn. Although, it wouldn't shock me.

No PP, P180 and the streetcar have not been working together the whole time because P180 had a much shorter timeline. Now, we realize that is not the case. Are there any parts of P180 that overlap the streetcar that have not been completed?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I think that was sarcasm from Shawn. Although, it wouldn't shock me.

No PP, P180 and the streetcar have not been working together the whole time because P180 had a much shorter timeline. Now, we realize that is not the case. Are there any parts of P180 that overlap the streetcar that have not been completed?
    That is just insane. Even if they were 5 years apart, it would seem it would be smarter to plan around it and have the two projects work with each other.

They are coordinating heavily with Project 180.

Eric Wenger is project manager for both the transit hub and P180.

That is just insane. Even if they were 5 years apart, it would seem it would be smarter to plan around it and have the two projects work with each other.
    That is obvious to anyone capable of logical thought. That being understood, why then should one expect it from OKC's Powers That Be???

14. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Still no meaningful connection to the streetcar?

One thing I would like to see them do is narrow it to 4 lanes from the transit hub to Auto Alley and place parallel parking.

16. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    I wouldn't criticize that too much if I were you...

Eventually. Jeff has a post a few pages back about it. That's the most frustrating thing to me. Kind of what PP was saying, they are going to tear up Gaylord for P180 but the streetcar is not going to run up it for several years. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Actually, it was a quote from him from the Gazette:

Because a $13 million federal grant for the Santa Fe station redevelopment required it to link to the streetcar route, a track will be built in front of the station, although it will hardly ever be used, at least during the first phase of the system.

18. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    EKG is one of the most unpleasant streets to walk along in all of DT. Which is really sad because it is one of the most heavily traveled by pedestrians. The entire east side has a worn path in the grass from people walking. And the amount of people who jaywalk across from the Santa Fe Garage is frightening.

The entire street needs to be exploded. Is the hold on this street in P180 - due to the hub/streetcar implementation?
    The worn path is from the valets running from The Renaissance to the tunnel that opens into the buffalo parking lot.

Eventually. Jeff has a post a few pages back about it. That's the most frustrating thing to me. Kind of what PP was saying, they are going to tear up Gaylord for P180 but the streetcar is not going to run up it for several years. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Yeah and the other thing is it seems like six lanes is a bit much for this road. I like Shields as a six lane road and I like a lot of roads to be six lanes, but I think this area would benefit more if it was 4 lanes and parallel or angled parking was added. It makes no sense to have this road stay at six lanes and then narrow to 3 lanes shortly down the road.

The P180 tearing up the road only to have it torn up again is infuriating.

20. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

How long before a departing bus creams a bicycle in the adjacent lane? Considering this is a complete street reconstruction this would be the perfect place to put a curbed, protected bicycle lane...ON THE SIDEWALK SIDE of the bus/dropoff lane.

In case anyone is curious, here is the YouTube video of this morning's council meeting time keyed to the Santa Fe presentation.

22. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Eventually. Jeff has a post a few pages back about it.
    That's what I'm getting at. It was a big deal in recent meetings, but there appears to be no change in the plans.

That's what I'm getting at. It was a big deal in recent meetings, but there appears to be no change in the plans.
    Ah, I misread your post as a question. My apologies.

Does the streetcar subcommittee also have to select a particular grade of rail, i.e. weight? If so, that may play into everything. Either way, they'll have to tear up EK Gaylord for the streetcar to cross on both Sheridan & Reno Avenues.

25. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Note how extremely well OKC, yes OKLAHOMA CITY, is with applying for and managing FEDERAL DOLLARS!!!! Talk about huge return on the federal dollar and/or Federal seed money used efficiently. And, under President Obama no less.

OMG, if only CITY of Oklahoma City!! was building the AICC and not the debacle that OKC is more infamously known for at 23rd and Lincoln. Proves with effective leadership, you can get things done that have meaningful impact to society.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information