Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Fe Station

Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Based on the picture Pete tweeted earlier when he posted the article, I was assuming the opening will be right at the end of the canal:

I'm not seeing this image anywhere in the article or the thread, though, so I'm not 100% on that.

David, go to this article in the News section:

OKCTalk - First look at the Intermodal Transit Hub

I'm looking at it, and I'm not seeing that picture anywhere.

Don't know why you can't see it -- it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't know why you can't see it -- it's there.
    I also can only see this photo on Twitter.

I can't see it either.

HangryHippo Guest

Hate to pile on, Pete, but it's not there for me either.

This is the weirdest thing ever.

Can you guys see these?

None of those, just these 4:

I would rather no parking spaces be in the future plans. The streetcar will be in veteran status by the time this full Hub is going - why do we need parking spaces next to the Hub? By 2030 there will be parking garages all over the CBD and Bricktown.

Also now that I see the tunnel into Bricktown is through the station itself, is this going to be open 24 hours (I assume it is due to it being the hub.)

11. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Maybe this is why I was so confused with the article. I couldn't see the other pics.

the only people who could see them are Martin and Pete, thus leading me to believe it is a permissions issue with where they are hosted on the site.

13. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I would rather no parking spaces be in the future plans. The streetcar will be in veteran status by the time this full Hub is going - why do we need parking spaces next to the Hub? By 2030 there will be parking garages all over the CBD and Bricktown.
    I agree 100%.

14. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

BTW, I've actually noticed similar issues before with the article where it feels like the full article is not showing.

It's fixed now -- kind of.

Very, very bizarre problem with editing and updating the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    BTW, I've actually noticed similar issues before with the article where it feels like the full article is not showing.
    I just logged out as admin and looked at all the articles in non-registered mode and all the articles showed up in full.

I cleared the system cache and I think that has fixed the problem.

17. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Okay, so when I asked this, I was referring to what Matt screencapped. Those graphics are not relevant, correct?

So is the first graphic something they have accepted? That's the first time I think I've seen that. Or this that what Jacobs is proposing?

Those graphics are from earlier and still apply to the general plan for the hub but were done about a year ago.

HangryHippo Guest

I can't see the images in the article that Catch captured above, but now I'm able to see Pete's photos in the article. Weird deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    I can't see the images in the article that Catch captured above, but now I'm able to see Pete's photos in the article. Weird deal.
    I took those out for now.

There we go, it's more or less a completely different article now. One that I really like, too, it'll be a game changer for the very end of the canal.

I agree 100%.
    of course you do

we're talking 30 spaces here. i'm not crazy about the 23 space lot, but it makes for decent short term parking if you're seeing someone off, picking someone up, etc. an all encompassing plan that serves all transit modes in some manner is what OKC needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I would rather no parking spaces be in the future plans.
    Totally agree about the parking spaces. I actually can't even envision who would use them. At most there should be a kiss-and-ride drop-off lane. They also need a place for buses, both city and potential future tourist buses (you never know).

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Totally agree about the parking spaces. I actually can't even envision who would use them. At most there should be a kiss-and-ride drop-off lane. They also need a place for buses, both city and potential future tourist buses (you never know).
    I'm no fan of surface parking, but 26 spaces seems reasonable. Picking someone up from an Amtrak or Tulsa rail trip; Dropping your sweetheart off for a trip, but want to take 15 minutes to walk the Bricktown Canal before they go; a place to park TimeCar vehicles; etc.; etc;. Of course all of that could be done in a parking garage, and I'd prefer that, but short term, metered parking might make the hub more useful for people whose ultimate starting point or destination is outside the service area of the transit plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Employees?

Thread Information