Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Fe Station

Default Re: Electronic Billboards at Sante Fe Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    By making it look worse. Lol. Strange strategy.
    No - by being able to say it has another revenue stream that they must be compensated for.

Building permit today to prepare 6,000 vacant square feet at the Santa Fe station (I presume the space south of the depot) for something called Soloman & Sheba.

Seems very odd given the City is in active negotiations to buy the property for the future transit hub.

Default Re: Santa Fe Station

Sounds like a cat food company

It is probably a biblical store, though probably a bad name if you want to sell anything online since most everything a google searches pull up for that name is about film interpretations of the story.

interesting ... i wonder what lease terms they are signing ....

i will say even with the city (maps 3 dollars) buying this property we are still a ways away from making changes to the building (unless we get the tiger IV grant)

An obvious name for a biblical store here would have been "Jesus Junction."

6,000 square feet is a lot of space, whatever it is.

This was also posted in the streetcar thread:

Urban Renewal prepares eminent domain action against owners of Santa Fe train depot in Oklahoma City

The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority is preparing to pursue eminent domain against the owners of downtown's Santa Fe train depot after the city's $2.5 million offer was rejected and countered with an asking price of $23.5 million.

“We've been down here for so long, we just want it to be fair,” Brewer said. “This property is important to our family. These kinds of investments are starting to make a return for us, and at the end of the day, we want to be able to support our children.”

aahahahaha!

HangryHippo Guest

What a crock of crap. I do think the city lowballed the Brewers, but they want to support their children by extorting the city? Why can't they just come to a reasonable price in the middle? The Brewers make money and the city gets to work on the transit hub. Honest to god, why does this stuff have to be so hard?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    What a crock of crap. I do think the city lowballed the Brewers, but they want to support their children by extorting the city? Why can't they just come to a reasonable price in the middle? The Brewers make money and the city gets to work on the transit hub. Honest to god, why does this stuff have to be so hard?
    Yep, make a slightly higher offer, but the Brewers have made a TON off the city. Feed their children................LOL

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yep, make a slightly higher offer, but the Brewers have made a TON off the city. Feed their children................LOL

Must be with golden spoons ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This was also posted in the Streetcard thread:

Urban Renewal prepares eminent domain action against owners of Santa Fe train depot in Oklahoma City

The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority is preparing to pursue eminent domain against the owners of downtown's Santa Fe train depot after the city's $2.5 million offer was rejected and countered with an asking price of $23.5 million.

“We've been down here for so long, we just want it to be fair,” Brewer said. “This property is important to our family. These kinds of investments are starting to make a return for us, and at the end of the day, we want to be able to support our children.”

I wonder if they realize how supremely ridiculous they sound when they say things like that.

15. Default Re: Electronic Billboards at Sante Fe Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    No - by being able to say it has another revenue stream that they must be compensated for.
    This turned out to be very prophetic. There will be no sympathy for the Brewers after their outrageous sale price. They come off as petty extortionists as a previous poster pointed out.

HangryHippo Guest

And we probably wouldn't see a whole lot of their outrageous asking price go toward their holdings in Bricktown that continue to sit underutilized.

17. Default Re: Santa Fe Station

I have no sympathy for the Brewers. Nor do the Brewers seem to have any sense of civic pride. Screw 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    I have no sympathy for the Brewers. Nor do the Brewers seem to have any sense of civic pride. Screw 'em.
    Post of the week!

Only fair, that's what they are tying to do to the people of OKC.

HangryHippo Guest

I couldn't agree more!

Re: Posts 41 thru 44: Amen, Brothers/Sisters.
    Usually I cringe at the phrase "eminent domain" on account of the bad press it often gets . . . but in THIS case . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Post of the week!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I couldn't agree more!
    This. They really need a good PR firm, and a realistic negotiator. I volunteer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Re: Posts 41 thru 44: Amen, Brothers/Sisters.
    Usually I cringe at the phrase "eminent domain" on account of the bad press it often gets . . . but in THIS case . . .
    There aren't that many places that you can put a train station indeed. It is the perfect example as to why imminent domain capabilities should exist.

Maybe it wasn't greed or even unrealistic expectations. Maybe they just thought Chesapeake would buy it for the city.

Maybe the Hub should be moved one block South, accross from the hotel..? Or one block North ? Either would work.

Thread Information