Widgets Magazine

Thread: Obamacare question

Default Obamacare question

We're in an office discussion and I can't find this anywhere... I know your kids can be covered by the parents plan until they are 26 but the question is, is it mandatory for the parents to provide the coverage or is it an option for them?

Default Re: Obamacare question

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    We're in an office discussion and I can't find this anywhere... I know your kids can be covered by the parents plan until they are 26 but the question is, is it mandatory for the parents to provide the coverage or is it an option for them?
    I think it is an option for the parents but the insurers are mandated to extend coverage.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure... thanks

www.healthcare.gov...Then click on "healthcare law & you" then click "timeline" or "information for you" then "Young adults". Hope that helps.

Its an option. In a couple years those kids will be required by law to get coverage somewhere.

When does Obamacare officially go into full effect?

The Affordable Care Act information can be found at www.healthcare.gov .....timeline, etc. as mentioned above.

My god, just answer the question! Not all of us can be on the net all day long due to work!!

Basically it is phased in over time, I think it is supposed to be fully implemented by 2015.

Awesome. Thanks Bluedog! I'm long home since work, but forgot about this thread, lol.

11. Default Re: Obamacare question

It's interesting, the more we get away from the politics of the thing, even business newspapers and magazines are admitting this is actually a very modest plan and the hyperbole from Republicans is just that. People are finding out the good things and like it. For example, a neighbor just got an individual policy from Blue Cross and was told he gets a free annual medical exam for preventive care. The CSR told him it's now mandated under the new law - they can't sell a premium that doesn't offer the free annual exam. The latest thing I read in the financial press is what I thought was going to be another negative article in Forbes. But, I was surprised. Forbes health policy correspondent, Rick Ungar, went out on a limb with this piece. Be sure and read both pages as Forbes doesn't have a "print view" or "single page view" ... http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...day-halleluja/

12. Default Re: Obamacare question

Didn't I read recently it was all dropped due to them not able to come up with fundings?

Quote Originally Posted by thunder View Post
    didn't i read recently it was all dropped due to them not able to come up with fundings?
    no

14. Default Re: Obamacare question

Well I guess they changed their mind again, cuz I obviously read they stopped it.

Thread Information