Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Thunder Practice Facility

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Thunder Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    That doesn't prove anything, Charlie Sheen tweeted that he invented Tulsa. LOL it would be more of a 'wow' factor if someone like Lamar Odom practiced at our new facility and said that, it's pretty expectable for someone who actually plays for the Thunder to say that. LOL

I've heard a number of great comments about the Thunder's new practice facility from players; MDot, do you know of an NBA practice facility which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I've heard a number of great comments about the Thunder's new practice facility from players; MDot, do you know of an NBA practice facility which is better?
    I have as well, Laramie. I've also heard a number of great comments about the Dallas Mavericks, Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers etc. practice facilities. And no, I don't know of one which is better, but I also don't know of one that is worse, for all I know they're isn't a superior practice facility because they all serve the same purpose.

Please forgive me, it seems I have struck a nerve of yours. I'm not degrading the facility, I'm just saying I'm not ready to say it's the best in the league even though it very well may be.

I have as well, Laramie. I've also heard a number of great comments about the Dallas Mavericks, Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers etc. practice facilities. And no, I don't know of one which is better, but I also don't know of one that is worse, for all I know they're isn't a superior practice facility because they all serve the same purpose.

Please forgive me, it seems I have struck a nerve of yours. I'm not degrading the facility, I'm just saying I'm not ready to say it's the best in the league even though it very well may be.
    Actually what you're saying is you know nothing, but would still like to tell other people that they're wrong. How about doing some research or just not commenting because the "I'm sure you're wrong, but I don't really know why" bit makes you look lazy and petty.

Is the Christmas stress wearing anyone out??

Don't forget!
    A state of the art training facility didn't help the Russian guy beat Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Actually what you're saying is you know nothing, but would still like to tell other people that they're wrong. How about doing some research or just not commenting because the "I'm sure you're wrong, but I don't really know why" bit makes you look lazy and petty.
    Nevermind, I don't want to get into it. But I want to sum up the points I was trying to make before I edited my long statement, so hear it goes (notice I said hear, not here because I'm to lazy and petty to know the difference). So; I'm just to busy to look it up not because I'm lazy or petty and that was my opinion I was stating not a fact and I never told anyone they were wrong and I was right but if you can find a statement (an actual statement, not you misunderstanding what I actually meant) where I did say that I will personally pay you $200 (with love of course) for the emotional distress I have caused you and you are correct in one sense because I don't know who has the best practice facility but that's the only accurate statement in your post and those are the only points I have to make in a short/long sentence. Forgive me for saying and so much.

But anyways KT, you win because I hate arguing, especially with people that already have everything figured out. So with that said, I'll let you enjoy your victory in peace because I have to go to the hospital and see my grandfather who fell and broke his hip last night. Love you.

mdot and kt

That doesn't prove anything, Charlie Sheen tweeted that he invented Tulsa. LOL it would be more of a 'wow' factor if someone like Lamar Odom practiced at our new facility and said that, it's pretty expectable for someone who actually plays for the Thunder to say that. LOL
    Charlie Sheen is a fake hollywood cat, Nazr Mohammed is the real deal.......14 years NBA, 6 or 7 teams, yeah he knows his stuff. Keep in mind, the NBA is the best in the world.

winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Charlie Sheen is a fake hollywood cat, Nazr Mohammed is the real deal.......14 years NBA, 6 or 7 teams, yeah he knows his stuff.
    I'm done bro, sorry I didn't make that clear. In my post above before I edited it I said "I retract my comments about not being sure that the Thunder have the best practice facility in the NBA" but I forgot to add it back after I edited it. I was wrong and you and Laramie were correct (golf clap and head nod).

Oh, and yes, Nazr has been on 7 different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    winning!
    LOL I'm surprised someone had not said that already.

Here's a good article - not sure if this is the right place to post -

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7353823/thunder

LOL I'm surprised someone had not said that already.
    It was suppose to be in all caps too, but the site doesn't allow that, cause people will think you're yelling at them...derp!

New $1 million building permit today for:

CONSTRUCTION OF PRACTICE FACILITIES OUTDOOR SHOWERS AND POOL EQUIPMENT HOUSE TO INCLUDE INSTALL OF OUTDOOR PRACTICE FIELD.

I didn't realize they had already completed the $3.5 million outdoor project which includes:

• Training pool, including pool equipment room
    • Car wash and canopies for players' parking
    • Masonry brick perimeter fence with motorized gate
    • Outdoor shower stations
    • Running hill with synthetic turf for cardio training
    • Sand Pit with perimeter sand catchers for cardio training

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I didn't realize they had already completed the $3.5 million outdoor project which includes:

• Training pool, including pool equipment room
    • Car wash and canopies for players' parking
    • Masonry brick perimeter fence with motorized gate
    • Outdoor shower stations
    • Running hill with synthetic turf for cardio training
    • Sand Pit with perimeter sand catchers for cardio training

Yep - it's really cool.

The Thunder bought a bunch of land adjacent to the training facility with no stated plans:

Oklahoma City Thunder: Thunder ownership group purchases land next to practice facility | News OK

19. Default Re: New Thunder Practice Facility

so much for the theory of taxpayer footing the bill for billionaire owners. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

20. Default Re: New Thunder Practice Facility

Making Noise around the league:

Bulls unveil new Chicago practice facility - Chicago Bulls Blog - ESPN

The Bulls traveled across the country in the past two years to check out other facilities for inspiration, including the newer college facilities. Bulls general manager Gar Forman said the Oklahoma City Thunder and the University of West Virginia stood out.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information