Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: City Bites

Multiple Locations City Bites

I was reading the land transactions in the OKC Business. I noticed that City Bites had purchased land this past week at I-40and Walker. Hmmm...................

Default Re: City Bites coming to downtown ???

City Bites is already downtown -- Leadership Square.

Okay, another location in the CBD a possibility??

Doubtful unless they're moving. There's a sub stop at Leadership and a Subway accross from the Courthouse (in what building I forget), not to mention numerous other sandwich style shops. I think City Bite's location is perfect and they have a great lunch crowd.

Right, I understand that too. It's doubtful that would make a good location but why would City Bites have interest in a property there??

They may be moving. I-40 & Walker is not the greatest part of downtown. I imagine that compared to the rest of downtown, land is relatively cheap. It could be an investment, or they may have data that tells them that they'll do more business with a store there.

If it is actually at the junction with I40, they could be seeing a lot of traffic in five years or so when the interstate gets converted to a boulevard.

True, they could be holding onto it for future plans, although I think that would have to be more than 5 years out before it is finished. Once I-40 relocation is done, then they start the work on the boulevard

It'll be interesting to see the land deals that go on around the area where the new boulevard will go.

It's exciting to see all this happening. From downtown to the river will be pretty much a blank slate ready to be developed. Very cool.

Patrick Guest

It would actually be pretty smart to buy up land around the present I-40. I have a strong feeling, land along the Blvd. will be pricey in the near future.

Default City Bites replacing Shorty Smalls

Looks like City Bites will be replacing the former Shorty Smalls just south of Broadway and 33rd. A temporary sign went up today.

Default Re: City Bites replacing Shorty Smalls

UMMM, I wonder where metro could have got this information??

13. Default Re: City Bites replacing Shorty Smalls

Hmm, well as long as this is going to be an addition and not a relocation I am pleased wiht this news. City Bites is quality food most definatly.

Great...another city bites....it's just a sandwich.

15. Default Re: City Bites replacing Shorty Smalls

Sandwiches...spuds.and cookies!!! Sorry, I am serious when it comes to my food. But I would take City Bites over any other sandwich place anyday.

16. Default Re: City Bites replacing Shorty Smalls

City Bites is better than any sandwich place except Quiznos--and it's local.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

City bites is superior food quality....sometimes the "hipness" of the young staffers is a bit too much, as they seem cliqueish and talk amongst themselves way more than with the customers....
    not a good habit in the hospitality industry.

I agree with the customer etiquette Edward, the food is amazing but they seem to worried about their social lives than taking an order

city bites has excellent food...but needs some better customer service training...

Default New City Bites going in at S19th and Broadway

Just drove by and the odd-looking new building between Firestone and the old Goodyear (across from Taco Bell and Braums) is finally getting a sign, one with the City Bites logo on it.
    My little sister worked at the 74th & S Western City Bites in the late 80's and I ate there frequently, and now it is my 4-year old's favorite place (she calls it Silly Bites because of the wacky stuff inside).
    I like the Mesquite Chicken on Everything Bread along with a City Snicker brownie (sooo good but probably sooo bad for me lol). I live about 5 minutes away so they will probably be getting a lot of business from me once they open.

Default Re: New City Bites going in at S19th and Broadway

Awesome news...Was wondering what that was going to be....Thought it was going to be a Bueno due to the strange design

I like the pot roast baked potato and the Turkey Melt

Thanks for the info mrz

Ye haw....won't have to go to Norman or I240 and Western to get my baked tators (smoked turkey) and all those good subs. It's good to see this area rebounding from the old walmart days.

23. Default Re: New City Bites going in at S19th and Broadway

I wish they put a City Bites somewhere down in Bricktown. It is good stuff.

That's adorable that she calls it that. It gave me a chuckle.

24. Default Re: New City Bites going in at S19th and Broadway

Thanks for the info. I have been wondering that that bldg was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralMourning View Post
    I wish they put a City Bites somewhere down in Bricktown. It is good stuff.

That's adorable that she calls it that. It gave me a chuckle.

"You can't fix stupid it's foreverrrrrrrrr!!" Ron White

Thread Information