Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: City Bites

Default Re: City Bites having problems?

My mom used to love their chicken noodle soup. They changed it in recent years and now she will not eat it. She still eats at City Bites regularly, but she is frustrated with it. She was really turned off when they quit selling the Original Lays Potato Chips and only served baked chips for a while. They brought the Original Lays back after people like her complained.

I used to like the meatball sandwich but they quit selling it. I still get the Fleetwood which is an Italian type sandwich with small pieces of sausage. I prefer an Italian sausage sandwich that is not chopped up like they sell at the State Fair. I have been eating at City Bites since they opened the original location on N.W. 23rd in Bethany. They seem to be going up in price and giving people less meat on their sandwiches. I think they try to hard sometimes to be trendy instead of giving a quality product at a good price. I still eat there, but not as much as I used to. My favorite sandwich place these days is Neptune on Classen. I especially like their bread.

Bigray in Ok

The Fleetwood is my favorite sammich too. It's the only thing I'll order at City Bites.

The CB location on N. Western has a sign in the door that they'll be remodelling this weekend. That's a good sign (yes, pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    The CB location on N. Western has a sign in the door that they'll be remodelling this weekend. That's a good sign (yes, pun intended).
    I sure hope they reopen. There is a good chance that they close the doors and never reopen. I am not saying I know anything about this location or chain. It's just that I've heard the "we're remodeling" excuse before and then the business is closed for good.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    I sure hope they reopen. There is a good chance that they close the doors and never reopen. I am not saying I know anything about this location or chain. It's just that I've heard the "we're remodeling" excuse before and then the business is closed for good.
    OKCNDN - CB recently closed their NWX location by simply turning off the lights and locking the door. I believe that the Western Avenue remodel will be just that.

Anyone know if the location downtown at Leadership Square is still open? Or the one on S. Walker just south of I-240?

Methinks the end is near for this particular chain...

7. Default Re: City Bites having problems?

Must have been a quick remodeling; N Western location is open again.

The CB on Walker/I-240 is still open. Although, they can hardly put together a sandwich so I don't see how. Service has always been friendly though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Anyone know if the location downtown at Leadership Square is still open? Or the one on S. Walker just south of I-240?

Methinks the end is near for this particular chain...
    . They still have lots more locations than this.

The Leadership Square one is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Must have been a quick remodeling; N Western location is open again.
    Steve - Their "remodeling" appears to be the replacement of a sneeze guard that separates employees on the sandwich line from the customers. That's a "repair" in my book.

Default City Bites in Moore...

Every time I pass by City Bites, it looks dead, I have not been there in a while though but was wondering if it still open? Last time I went, I was not impressed with the food, I would be suprised if it is still open.....

Default Re: City Bites in Moore...

It is open as we go there from time to time...Was actually packed last time we drove through but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a For Lease pop up at any point in time

The first time I went there and they were closed at 7 or 8 at night I didn't expect them to last much longer...but they have somehow.

I've only been to this location twice but the food was good. Seemed a little lacking in quantity and higher on price then what I remember City Bites being and between that and their hours I haven't been too concerned with returning.

I believe they do a large take-out lunch business for groups and organizations. Likely what's keeping them going. I tried it and didn't walk away with a memory of anything beyond the thought that their margins must be incredible.

Default Re: City Bites

Figured I'd put this here, didn't want to start a new thread since I don't know anything.

Drove by the former City Bites location on NW 22nd/Classen and noticed a new "Open" sign in the window as well as gold lettering, etc. on the windows/door. Only got a glimpse, but it looked like "...ase Room", and I'm googled out, can't find anything by address, name variation, etc., wondering if anybody knows what went in there?

Default Re: City Bites

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Figured I'd put this here, didn't want to start a new thread since I don't know anything.

Drove by the former City Bites location on NW 22nd/Classen and noticed a new "Open" sign in the window as well as gold lettering, etc. on the windows/door. Only got a glimpse, but it looked like "...ase Room", and I'm googled out, can't find anything by address, name variation, etc., wondering if anybody knows what went in there?
    Got a better look, it's "Rose Room", and the lettering made it look like a restaurant, but apparently it's an offshoot of Howard Brothers Florist - https://www.yelp.com/biz/howard-brot...-oklahoma-city

Thread Information