Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSU Loses

Default OSU Loses

This sure throws a kink in the plans for both OU and OSU. This could have ended Weeden's Heisman chances too with his interceptions just killing any chance for them.

Default Re: OSU Loses

Go USC, go Arkansas, go Auburn, go Georgia.

Wow just WOW!Now this OSU loss wont help OU if the Sooners beat OSU in bedlam,it looks like no NC game for either school!

4. Default Re: OSU Loses

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This sure throws a kink in the plans for both OU and OSU.
    Its still perfect. Both teams with one loss.

The computers will be saying WTF and be delayed with the calculations.

Shocking sad day for OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck johnson View Post
    Go USC, go Arkansas, go Auburn, go Georgia.
    Well, if ISU can beat OSU, anything is still possible. Who know?

Loss of 2 coaches, BCS dreams smashed... SUPER sad day in Stillwater...

7. Default Re: OSU Loses

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Wow just WOW!Now this OSU loss wont help OU if the Sooners beat OSU in bedlam,it looks like no NC game for either school!
    Incorrect!

OU still have a glorious chance!

Be talking about that field goal that coulda went either way for years

Well, if ISU can beat OSU, anything is still possible. Who know?
    LSU still has to beat Arkansas and then beat Georgia in the SEC champ game. Oregon still has USC and probably ASU in the Pac-12 champ game. Bama still has Auburn.

Still a lot of football left.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck johnson View Post
    LSU still has to beat Arkansas and then probably beat Georgia in the SEC champ game. Oregon still has USC and probably ASU in the Pac-12 champ game. Bama still has Auburn.

Still a lot of football left.
    Yes, and OU wouldn't need all of them to lose. Just enough to move up to the number two spot. Providing they take care of business tomorrow night OU should be up to number 4 next week.

I know this sounds weird but if there is one good thing to take from OU's loss to TT is that it was earlier in the year,these late year losses do teams in!

12. Default Re: OSU Loses

Yes, and OU wouldn't need all of them to lose. Just enough to move up to the number two spot. Providing they take care of business tomorrow night OU should be up to number 4 next week.
    Yeah and when OU destroys the team that terminated OSU (which was Iowa State) it will be a very impressive boost. USC will terminate the cheating ducks (Oregon). LSU and Alabama in NC....not a chance...so OU has to win out.

13. Default Re: OSU Loses

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Its still perfect. Both teams with one loss.

The computers will be saying WTF and be delayed with the calculations.

Shocking sad day for OSU.
    Umm no. OU very well could have needed a late season win against an undefeated #2 team in order to leap Alabama/Arkansas/Oregon. This hurts OU's strength of schedule slightly and there are some seasons where it comes down to the nearest hundredth of a point to make it into the BCS title game.

The computers won't be delayed. They'll do their calculations like they always do. Don't over estimate the impact this has on providing the new rankings on Sunday...it doesn't hamper it at all.

14. Default Re: OSU Loses

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah and when OU destroys the team that terminated OSU (which was Iowa State) it will be a very impressive boost. USC will terminate the cheating ducks (Oregon). LSU and Alabama in NC....not a chance...so OU has to win out.
    Terminate is such a strong word when OU very well could lose tomorrow at Baylor.

As others have said this kills OU's chance of playing in the NC game. OU will go to #4 unless Oregon loses to USC, then they will move to #3. As much as I hate to say it it's almost a certainty of a rematch unless LSU just blows it in the upcoming weeks.

16. Default Re: OSU Loses

OU fans need to become fans of Arkansas and Auburn fast.

I'm no defeatist but it would have been a tall order for OU to beat LSU in their backyard without our 2 starters in their backyard, assuming we had wiggled our way back into the NC. In a weird way OSU may have just done OU a favor. The Sooners were becoming a fashionable choice to be in the NC assuming we beat an undefeated OSU.

I would be very happy as an OU fan beating ISU and Baylor (neither of them gimmes), taking Bedlam, winning the Fiesta Bowl and finishing with a 2 or 3 final ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I'm wearing an Ole Miss hoodie right now... Could it be a sign?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Don't forget USC, as they play Oregon. Everyone bust out their Trojans! (yes I know immature)

Arky could make it interesting against LSU, but Auburn...that Auburn team that just got blasted by UGA? Yeah no chance.

On a side note I'm watching ESPiN Sportcenter and the blabbing heads want an LSU/Alabama rematch so bad its not funny. Get ready for the Most Boring Game of the Century II! Bring No Doze....

Yep, pokes have really created some chaos tonight.

I find it funny that a lot of OU fans don't seem to realize how much they needed OSU to win but they seem to be more happy that OSU lost simply because they're OU fans and hate seeing OSU succeed. Simple minded bastards. LOL

Just looking at the replay ISU uniforms look like USC, and we all know OSU went the way of Oregon "fancy" uniforms, so in just picking uniforms USC should beat oregon.
    Hey it could happen...

22. Default Re: OSU Loses

if weeden only would have stopped throwing the $*@&$* ball to blackmon the ENTIRE game and actually passed to someone else.... ridiculous.

btw, thats my opinion, so before i get some kind of back handed bs backlash from some member here who doesn't understand that this is my OPINION, do yourself a favor and try to breath underwater as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Don't forget USC, as they play Oregon. Everyone bust out their Trojans! (yes I know immature)

Arky could make it interesting against LSU, but Auburn...that Auburn team that just got blasted by UGA? Yeah no chance.

On a side note I'm watching ESPiN Sportcenter and the blabbing heads want an LSU/Alabama rematch so bad its not funny. Get ready for the Most Boring Game of the Century II! Bring No Doze....

Yep, pokes have really created some chaos tonight.
    I keep my Trojan in my wallet for times like these...but I try and not bust it before the issue...

I think Arkansas could be a dark horse to get in the NC game if everything works out. Maybe Oklahoma and Arkansas?

The people over at ESPN are such idiots that whatever they say I expect the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    if weeden only would have stopped throwing the $*@&$* ball to blackmon the ENTIRE game and actually passed to someone else.... ridiculous.

btw, thats my opinion, so before i get some kind of back handed bs backlash from some member here who doesn't understand that this is my OPINION, do yourself a favor and try to breath underwater as often as possible.
    I try that all the time but it's never worked. Are you willing to make another suggestion for me?

The recent tragedy puts things into perspective,yea it's bad OSU lost but its just a game and the Pokes' have had one hell of a season so far!OSU will be a constant top 10 team for the forseable future and the past two seasons are just a taste of whats to come for OSU football!

Thread Information