This has become my favorite BBQ joint in town. It helps they are just a couple blocks from my house. I just wish that when they took over Smokey's that they changed the name. I was hesitant to eat here because of all the bad things I've heard about them. Then when they moved close to me I checked them out on Urban Spoon. I noticed they changed owners so figured I'd try them out and glad I did. I know it's not BBQ, but their chicken fried steak is the best I've ever had. You can cut it with a fork it's so tender. Anyway, I just wanted to pass work along that this isn't the same horrible Smokey's it used to be. If you haven't tried it before or had a bad experience you should try again. They will be open for Thanksgiving and are selling whole smoked turkeys for cheap.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Smokey...r/290111113766 That's their Facebook.
I've lurked here awhile and tried a lot of the places mentioned in this forum and glad I did! There's been some amazing places. I don't know how anyone can eat chain when there's so much cheaper, better, and more friendly local places. I'm just glad I can return the favor on mentioning great places to eat!