Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

Large Chain Buffalo Wild Wings

There are reports that debit/credit card information was stolen at Buffalo Wild Wings on I-40 and Rockwell this past weekend. If you have eaten there or know somebody that eats there, please give them a heads up.

Default Re: Debit/Credit Card info theft at BWW on I-40 & Rockwell

We had 18 people at work get compromised because of it. They were very apologetic and gave us all gift cards for the inconvenience. I'll go back, but I won't ever use my card there again.

Where do you work? (PM me if you don't mind)

This happened to me too along with several of my coworkers. We all suspected that very same BWW.

I had a situation at Louie's at Reno and Meridian that made me mad recently. I was out on the patio with about 20 other people that know me listening to a singer I know perform. After waiting for 45 minutes for a menu, I ordered some food. The waitress working the patio asked me for a credit card or Id to hold until I left. I asked why, I am not drinking? I think I know why they were doing this, to protect against me leaving without paying my bill. The waitress tried to tell me it was the law. I told her I had never heard of this law and do not like to surrender my ID or cards to people in a restaurant unless I am paying my bill. It is pretty common nationwide for wait staff at restaurants to steal information off cards and ID's. I try to guard my personal information as much as possible, but sometimes I feel kind of helpless when I use a card.

Bigray in Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    I had a situation at Louie's at Reno and Meridian that made me mad recently. I was out on the patio with about 20 other people that know me listening to a singer I know perform. After waiting for 45 minutes for a menu, I ordered some food. The waitress working the patio asked me for a credit card or Id to hold until I left. I asked why, I am not drinking? I think I know why they were doing this, to protect against me leaving without paying my bill. The waitress tried to tell me it was the law. I told her I had never heard of this law and do not like to surrender my ID or cards to people in a restaurant unless I am paying my bill. It is pretty common nationwide for wait staff at restaurants to steal information off cards and ID's. I try to guard my personal information as much as possible, but sometimes I feel kind of helpless when I use a card.

Bigray in Ok
    Interesting, just pay cash and if it is actually the law then that is a ridicioulous law

It did not matter if I was paying cash or with a card, they wanted to keep my card unil I left. Like I said, I think they were doing this because there was a big crowd on the patio with one server for the whole patio. They do this to keep people from walking their tickets. I do not think it is the law. I was not even drinking alcohol.

Bigray in Ok

7. Default Re: Debit/Credit Card info theft at BWW on I-40 & Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Interesting, just pay cash and if it is actually the law then that is a ridicioulous law
    I guess every state is different, but I doubt its a law. Most likely the wait staff is responsible if the customer walks their tab so they keep your credit card to make sure the tab is paid.

There are countless examples of individual's credit card information being stolen by criminals working at restaurant's, bars, and retail stores.

My wife had her credit card and personal information stolen by a Sprint customer service rep working out of a call center in N.C. when she called and ordered a phone upgrade.

There really isn't much you can do to keep someone from getting your credit or debit card number. If you've been a victim of identity theft or you're afraid you might be, the best defense is to contact the 3 credit reporting bureaus and place a 'fraud alert' on your credit. This stops people from getting new credit (card, bank loan, car loan, etc.) based on your information. This has to be renewed every so often. And yes it even keeps you from getting a credit card, loan, etc. unless you have the fraud alert removed. This however does not keep someone from using a card they stole from you (which is the most common form of identity theft). This is actually how LifeLock made millions of dollars. Their customers would pay them up to $25/month for 'guaranteed' identity theft protection and all they do is place a free fraud alert on your credit and then call and renew it annually if you remain a subscriber.

The most important thing is to actually look over your bank statement when you get it and even go online and check it between statements. I use the mint.com application and it provides a wealth of information - it lets me know when a large deposit or withdrawal is made and send me reports of unusual spending activity.

Here's a suggestion from a financial planner. I've long suggested to my clients that they keep a credit card that they use for monthly transactional expenses such as restaurants or online purchases (where there is some level of risk of theft) that has a relatively low balance - such as $500 - $1500 (the level is up to the individual and how much they purchase monthly). This way, at the very worst, that card can be compromised for no more than that maximum. Then, if you want to make a larger purchase at a less risky establishment, use a different card with a higher limit. As of this time, as long as you notify your credit card company of fraud or theft "within a reasonable amount of time," your liability is limited to $50. Nonetheless, I've gone to my credit card company several times when they unilaterally raise my limit and have asked them to lower it back because of this very issue.

Default Bww

SO, I hear there is a BWW (buffalo wild wings) coming to May and Memorial? Possibly where the old Stake N Ale was?... Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Default Re: Bww

I know there is a plaza planned for May and Memorial where the Stake N Ale was but I have no clue if a BWW is included with that developement.

I know that doesn't really confirm your question though but that's what I've got. Lol

Default Re: Bww

If true, that'd be cool!

Default Buffalo Wild Wings Coming to Yukon

Saw this in a City of Yukon advertisement in the Yukon Review this weekend. Not sure where it will be located but have to assume the east side of the Frisco Ridge Development. This begs the question....are they relocating their I-40 & Rockwell location? I know sales have suffered since Twin Peaks opened up next door.

Current projects underway or announced in Yukon recently:

Hobby Lobby - under construction
    Big Lots - next door to HL, this is a relo
    Plant Fitness
    Gold Gym - under construction
    Walmart neighborhood market
    Crest Foods
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    New hotel (nearing completion) Garth Brooks & I-40
    New assisted living center on Health Center Parkway
    New sports complex (still in development stage)
    Main Street re-development project (conceptual)
    Piedmont Road widening (Main Street to NW Expressway) - on ODOT's 8-year plan, 2-4 years out.

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings Coming to Yukon

Sweet!!! So has West End Pointe been deemed a failure, or I wonder if they are just asking too much for the leases. It's great that they are developing that area around Frisco. A lot of potential in that area.

New sports complex (still in development stage)
    Is that the same sports complex city officials have been trying to pass various versions of for what seems like at least twenty years and have repeatedly been rejected by voters?

The neighborhoods that are growing like weeds will support the commercial growth out this way.

I'm just curious but where are all these people coming from? I get people upgrade and often time move to the suburbs, but it seems as though real estate all over the city is growing and being snatched up. I just can't believe all the neighborhoods the are building from Yukon to Moore essentially.

Yukon Buffalo Wild Wings

I know I've seen this on here, but looks like it official, Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Pukon, sorry old Mustang grad, Yukon. Looks to be by the Integris water tower.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Link?

I went to the movies yesterday and saw the BWW Now Hiring sign where the new construction is happening next to the Gold's Gym being built.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    I went to the movies yesterday and saw the BWW Now Hiring sign where the new construction is happening next to the Gold's Gym being built.
    This kind of makes me think the one on 40 won't be going out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    This begs the question....are they relocating their I-40 & Rockwell location?
    I talked to a higher up with the group that owns the franchise around Oklahoma and Arkansas and was indicated there are no plans to close Rockwell down. Also indicated they are going to do some minor remodel work. Paint, flooring, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I talked to a higher up with the group that owns the franchise around Oklahoma and Arkansas and was indicated there are no plans to close Rockwell down. Also indicated they are going to do some minor remodel work. Paint, flooring, and the like.
    Yeah I heard this as well.

That location is not that old. It was built about the same time the Harley Store was built.

Given how many similar restaurants and stores are in the area between Rockwell & MaCarther off Reno and in Yukon along Garth Brooks Blvd, it would have surprised me more if they did close it down as someone was saying might happen

25. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings Coming to Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    That location is not that old. It was built about the same time the Harley Store was built.
    But it has been rode hard, as the saying goes. No chance that one would be targeted for shutdown unless there was a larger problem within the company. It is always, ALWAYS very busy.

Thread Information