Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

South OKC Building by Buffalo Wild Wings across from Amazon

Does anyone know what's being built beside the Buffalo Wild Wings on the I-44 access road north of the Walmart Super Center at SW 104th & I-44 and across I-44 from the Amazon facilities? Thanks!

Default Re: Building by Buffalo Wild Wings across from Amazon

I was wondering the same a week or so ago. It's going to be a Cajun Corner. https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...11#post1167511

Default Re: Building by Buffalo Wild Wings across from Amazon

Thank you! Sounds like it will be worth visiting.

Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

A new Buffalo Wild Wings is in the works on the SE corner of NW 164th & Portland.

On the hard corner will be Dental Depot then BWW just south of that. They have already purchased the property and detailed plans should be filed soon.

Leaving plenty of egress I'm sure for ODOT to expand this to a controlled access interchange in the future.

I am a big fan of OK Cider Co down in Film Row (West Village) BWW has put them on tap at quite a few of their locations in the metro area so it is nice they are supporting local companies.

https://okciderco.com/

Unhappy Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Leaving plenty of egress I'm sure for ODOT to expand this to a controlled access interchange in the future.
    There is already row for interchange here. And the interchange is actually already on upcoming plans

They should change their name to Buffalo Mini Wings. Last couple times I've been in there the wings are a third of the size they used to be. You would think that's the one thing they would do right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    They should change their name to Buffalo Mini Wings. Last couple times I've been in there the wings are a third of the size they used to be. You would think that's the one thing they would do right.
    Shrinkflation is real.

10. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

True. Between that and them not having wine anymore after reopening from the COVID break we stopped going. We used to be regulars.

I've been told that wings are the most expensive part of the bird now, so that might explain the smaller wings.

12. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I've been told that wings are the most expensive part of the bird now, so that might explain the smaller wings.
    I've heard that also. But the wings at Louie's are not much smaller than regular chicken legs.

The new location at NW 164th & Portland will be one of their new concept locations:

^

The location at 164th & Portland is now well under construction.

There's nothing that guarantees "chicken" wings - could be quail wings.

They are hiring at the new concept location at NW 164th & Portland:

One of our neighbors is a contractor on this location and he posted a quick video tour/update on this location. He said it's not a major change, just better food (based on his experience as a contractor at other updated locations), more alcohol choices, more audio-visual equipment, a large non-smoking bar and a much smaller smoking section bar.

I noticed that signage went up this week.

There is definately a lot of interest in our neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    One of our neighbors is a contractor on this location and he posted a quick video tour/update on this location. He said it's not a major change, just better food (based on his experience as a contractor at other updated locations), more alcohol choices, more audio-visual equipment, a large non-smoking bar and a much smaller smoking section bar.

I noticed that signage went up this week.

There is definately a lot of interest in our neighborhood.
    my understanding is that there will be NO smoking section of this location .. like most on the north side of town

19. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    my understanding is that there will be NO smoking section of this location .. like most on the north side of town
    I've only been in 2. I40 & Rockwell the bar is smoking. NW Exp is completely non-smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I've only been in 2. I40 & Rockwell the bar is smoking. NW Exp is completely non-smoking.
    BWW I35 edmond has no smoking and BWW stillwater has no smoking and this new one i believe will also not .. and has the same MGMT as those

If you look up-thread at the floorplan I posted for this restaurant, you'll see there does not seem to be a separate bar for smoking.

I'd be very surprised if any new restaurant went that route.

22. Default Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you look up-thread at the floorplan I posted for this restaurant, you'll see there does not seem to be a separate bar for smoking.

I'd be very surprised if any new restaurant went that route.
    I'd be surprised also. In BWWs case when NW Exp had a large smoking bar that was always half full or more and out of the blue they made it non-smoking I would think that's a sign of what the brand wished. I'm surprised I40 & Rockwell hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'd be surprised also. In BWWs case when NW Exp had a large smoking bar that was always half full or more and out of the blue they made it non-smoking I would think that's a sign of what the brand wished. I'm surprised I40 & Rockwell hasn't changed.
    I40 rockwell as well as the I44 south location both have smoking sections

In further comments on the video, he mentioned that one of the two closed patios would be a smoking section, so not technically a separate smoking bar.

I talked to the regional GM of this BWW last night .. it should be fully finished by the end of this month and open shortly after (but of course that is with the contractors finishing on time)

Thread Information