Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Movies

1. Default New Movies

We went to see The Way tonight. It stars Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. In fact Emilio produced and directed it. It was good but the scenery was the best part.The one thing I got from the movie is that you don't do things in memory of someone, it's much better to do something with them when they are alive. We are going to see Tower Heist tonight. I'm looking forward to that one.

Default Re: New Movies

I managed to pull myself away from Netflix long enough to tune into "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on FX.

It was great to see Johnny Depp honing his chops for his future role as Jack Sparrow in those "Pirates of . . ." Movies.

What I especially appreciated were the commercials for various stuff.
    It was almost like being tuned into The Jerry Springer Show.
    (Especially the time when Charlie Sheen was a guest and challenged everyones' assumptions about everything.)

Hey . . . "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" (that version) is a new movie to me . . . =)

If you ever want to see Emilo Estevez in his prime get "Repo Men" (co-starring Harry Dean Stanton and that dude who played the kid in "Bonnie and Clyde") onto the Viewing List.

If "Repo Men" isn't your cup of tea, "Sweet Land" is worth a watch.
    (That guy who hosts "Masterpiece Theater" has a starring role. In fact, I think he was the producer.)

Maybe not exactly a "Movie" per se but "The Last Detective" (a BBC import from about a decade ago, on Netflix) was new to me. It's in four parts and doesn't involve creating a carbon footprint by going to the mall and crusing for parking.

The lack of 3-D is more than offset by the quality of the dialog and thought behind the storylines.

Winter's Bone. Netflix Streaming. Not new, but new to me. At least as good as my brother indicated it would be.

Even though it was set in Missouri, it reminded me of this song.

Attack the Block is on RedBox. Tempting...

Anyone else excited as f@ck for the new Spider-Man?

Del Toro’s Antlers movie is another I’m excited for which is a Wendigo movie. The only other good Wendigo movie IMO is Skin and Bones from a short lived series called Fear Itself.

I’m also excited for the new ghostbusters but disappointed it comes out a week after Halloween.

8. Default Re: New Movies

Yes, it looks like it could be the best of the series.

Anyone excited for Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1? That is a rare movie series that honestly seems like the next one is so much better than the last. Fallout was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Del Toro’s Antlers movie is another I’m excited for which is a Wendigo movie. The only other good Wendigo movie IMO is Skin and Bones from a short lived series called Fear Itself.

I’m also excited for the new ghostbusters but disappointed it comes out a week after Halloween.
    I also gotta say here, Antlers was extremely disappointing. A few beautiful shots but overall that ending was horrible.

Waiting for Oppenheimer. First movie in a long time I'm wanting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I’m going to see it see it at the Chinese Theatre(Grauman’s) IMAX auditorium with 16000 watt six channel PPS I can’t wait. That sh!t will be f@cking dope.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Anyone know which theatre in the Metro has the largest screen to see this on? I'm guessing it's maybe the Quail Springs AMC?

I would find it hard to believe there is any screen in OKC larger than the Warren Moore IMAX. When it was built it was the largest IMAX screen in North America, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieinGeorgia View Post
    I would find it hard to believe there is any screen in OKC larger than the Warren Moore IMAX. When it was built it was the largest IMAX screen in North America, I believe.
    Largest digital IMAX maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Largest digital IMAX maybe.
    That might be a distinction, but nonetheless I don't think there is a larger screen in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’m going to see it see it at the Chinese Theatre(Grauman’s) IMAX auditorium with 16000 watt six channel PPS I can’t wait. That sh!t will be f@cking dope.
    And that’s on set.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieinGeorgia View Post
    That might be a distinction, but nonetheless I don't think there is a larger screen in OKC.
    I was commenting more about it being the largest IMAX screen in North America. I don't doubt the largest screen in OKC.

I was commenting more about it being the largest IMAX screen in North America. I don't doubt the largest screen in OKC.
    I could be behind on this info, but I believe the Chinese theater IMAX screen currently stands as the world’s largest or least it did as of recently.

Yeah, SEMI was asking for the largest screen in the city.

Thread Information