downtownguy had a great update on this historical treasure:

"The Lights Are On

I was skeptical. And I might have been wrong.
The lights are on inside the Plaza Court Building in MidTown. This might not seem like a big deal, until you realize electric to this building was shut off for more than a decade.

The building got new owners last month. They promised that renovations were about to commence. That the building was going to have tenants again.

I questioned just how serious they were. Well, the lights are on. Crews are hauling out debris. And I hear a popular fast food outlet may be one of the building’s first tenants.

The building, just to the east of St. Anthony Hospital, was built in 1926. According to city historians, Plaza Court was once a hub of retail and commercial activity, with a then-ubiquitous Veazey Drug Store occupying the ground floor. WKY, Oklahoma City's first radio station, broadcast from Plaza Court from 1928 through 1934. The triangular building is at the five-way intersection of NW 10, Walker and Classen Drive.

It’s that same intersection that is being turned into a traffic circle.

Like the 'traffic circles' that used to route traffic at some City intersections, roundabouts move traffic in a circular route through an intersection. But where traffic circles were especially accident-prone, roundabouts are designed to be far safer.
Roundabouts force vehicles entering the circle to yield to those already navigating it, instead of the other way around as traffic circles did. Roundabouts also include 'safety islands' for bicyclists and pedestrians.

It’s sad that the Grateful Bean is closed just as the Plaza Court is making a comeback. The owner of the Grateful Bean, in the historic Kaiser’s Ice Cream Parlor, said he might reopen when construction ends on the traffic circle.

To have both buildings back open as St. Anthony expands … well, that would be something.

- The Downtown Guy
www.downtownguy.blogspot.com"