Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New waterpark theme park announced

Default New waterpark theme park announced

the owners of andy alligators announced they are building a multi million dollar waterpark next to andy alligators off indian hills road and I-35!!!! great news

Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

That is awesome news...Just across the highway and my oldest will be ready to roll by then

Is this something that's on par with White Water or WAY better?

It is going on 5 acres to start, they said the land size will be smaller then white water, but it will have features that white water does not have, they also said there prices will be cheaper as well, this park will be geared towards family.. andy alligator has info on their facebook as well, here is norman transcript http://normantranscript.com/archive/...ming-to-Norman

5. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

How many acres are there in total surrounding the 5 acres initially? Lets hope there are plentiful, so they can easily expand as funds permit. This is something that will put White Water Bay to shame as they expand and slowly add thrill rides for the adults. Jesseda, you better take me out there!

personally i think this is great news for southside okc metro and the okc metro as well. it shows that we are growing all around even in this economy!!. the warren expanding, a waterpark going in.. it is starting to look really good for moore and norman

if you google map it, andy alligator has empty land from marketplace road to indian hills rd between i-35 and36th ave nw... it looks like there is at least 15 more acres undeveloped, and who knows if they buy all the land behind heyday, that would make a good place for a large parking lot and use the other land for future waterpark development.... google map then type andy alligator in

Article says smaller in scale to White Water, also only a 4.5 million dollar expansion. It might be something along the lines of Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark. (not counting the hotel or the indoor setting). Probably 4-5 slides, a pool, canal/river type thing, and some other stuff.

4.5 million to start, this is just the start of it so more money will be going into this venture in the future.. Its going to be really nice, I hope the next phase is to add a indoor waterpark as well. Kyle knows what he is doing this place is going to be great, kyle told me that andy alligator waterpark will be selling season passes when it opens.

Maybe it will force White Water to step up it's game...Haven't done anything to the park since I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Article says smaller in scale to White Water, also only a 4.5 million dollar expansion. It might be something along the lines of Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark. (not counting the hotel or the indoor setting). Probably 4-5 slides, a pool, canal/river type thing, and some other stuff.
    , its a new theme park, this doesnt happen every day in the okc area or heck, when was the last time a multi million dollar theme park popped up in okc metro? i looked on google, it looks like it has close to the same amount of land as whitewater

12. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

SkyWestOKC was just trying to be helpful in illustrating what is exactly to come. People are curious and want to know what they should expect.

i know thunder, im just excited that its being built close to me lol, and that we are going to have a new theme park in the okc metro, it shows that okc area is strong, i cant wait to see all the future development that will be going in around Indian hills road due to this new announcement

14. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Every time the name, Indian Hills Road, is brought up, it always remind me of the guy (mom's friend's husband's brother) being road-killed by a huge semi-truck that never blew the horn. That was years ago.

I'm kinda excited for this as well Jesseda, new stuff like this doesn't pop up just every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Every time the name, Indian Hills Road, is brought up, it always remind me of the guy (mom's friend's husband's brother) being road-killed by a huge semi-truck that never blew the horn. That was years ago.
    What a great non-sequitur post Thunder. Never a dull thread when you are around

Jesseda, I wasn't saying this isn't a win. I'm glad this is happening, was just saying don't expect a White Water Bay right off the bat. Maybe with some later expansion it will be comparable in size, but right now let's not start saying we will have a huge waterpark. That is all I am saying.

Hopefully in the coming weeks/months we will see some renderings!

18. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Jesseda, I wasn't saying this isn't a win. I'm glad this is happening, was just saying don't expect a White Water Bay right off the bat. Maybe with some later expansion it will be comparable in size, but right now let's not start saying we will have a huge waterpark. That is all I am saying.

Hopefully in the coming weeks/months we will see some renderings!
    You plan to swim there?

Depends on how it turns out. If it is a kiddy-park then probably not.

20. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Heard about this a couple weeks ago and it was in the Transcript last week I think. Definitely good news. This is definitely more in line with the various hotel/water park combos that you see all over the country. I have been shocked that someone else hasn't done this here already. Up north there are cities smaller than OKC with 2-3 of these hotel/water park combos (yes I know this one won't have a hotel)...hopefully this is the start of a trend to get more entertainment venues here.

All in all a good thing for Norman and Moore.

wonder if their will be sketches released soon

I wasn't necessarily talking directly to you. I know sometimes things get blown out of proportion on this website.

23. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Venture, this one does have the hotel...more like existing hotel. Packages were already in the work.

I believe venture was referring to on-site hotel, or at least the "across the street" type deal.

Okay, I've seen some sweet waterparks on The Travel Channel and if this isn't anythink like those then this is just local news and only good for those of you that live over that way. It needs to be something that puts OKC metro on the map for more than the memorial or an outlet mall or a canal or basketball games.

Thread Information