Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New waterpark theme park announced

Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

I noticed the discussion on this thread went from comparing to White Water to saying it will be better than a community pool which shouldn't be hard to do given the local community pools used to compare it to. Its a great debating tactic: move the goal posts. LOL

Either way its a great new development for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I noticed the discussion on this thread went from comparing to White Water to saying it will be better than a community pool which shouldn't be hard to do given the local community pools used to compare it to. Its a great debating tactic: move the goal posts. LOL

Either way its a great new development for the area.
    lol no one said that it will start of as big as white water bay is currently. It has the same amount of land to expand and could be that size, now remember white water bay started off with couple slides and a kiddie zone, Andy alligator water park has that potential plus they has something white water does not... Go carts, bumper car ride, mini golf, water bumper cars, kiddie drop ride, wall climb, arcade, etc, and each year since andy alligator has been open they have added something new, so I think they will be growing/adding to this waterpark more and more the years to come

3. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

I heard there was also going to be an indoor surfing establishment out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTrabersColostomyBag View Post
    I heard there was also going to be an indoor surfing establishment out there.
    you heard wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    you heard wrong!
    Denied.

^^Wow,that will be Awesome for kids and this is just the first stage!

Seems just a tad bit better than just a community pool lol

Not bad, would like to see some renderings instead of videos from other parks. Like what I see so far!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Not bad, would like to see some renderings instead of videos from other parks. Like what I see so far!
    That's what I'm anxious for as well.

11. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by johnpwoods View Post
    What I would love the most... Is the expression on Brian Bates' face!!! LOL!!! This video just proved him wrong...hardcore! :-D

I like what i see so far, looks like my kids will be having a ball there next summer

13. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    What I would love the most... Is the expression on Brian Bates' face!!! LOL!!! This video just proved him wrong...hardcore! :-D
    Actually, all you've proven is you consistently don't have a clue. Do you even remember what I posted? Let me remind you....

4 million isn't going to get anything near what White Water is. I'm thinking something a bit larger than what used to be on I-35 years ago. Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35? Had a big hill with a twisting water slide. Looks like something to complement their existing venue.
    Exactly how was my post proven wrong? The video seems to match pretty close to what I posted - Not as big as White Water but something bigger than what was on I-35. Seems the video actually proved me right.

Do you even even consider pausing for 2 seconds before you post and ask yourself "is my post going to be complete BS, nonsense or simply a bold faced lie?"

There's a lotta hate on here, huh?

white water started off with the amount of attractions that this new waterpark will have, so you never know, maybe in 5-10 years it will be just as good or better then white water.. In the past ten years whitewater hasnt really did anything impressive to their park and with all the on and off again closed rides due to age and wear...so it really will not be that hard for this new park to catch up

16. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    There's a lotta hate on here, huh?
    Its a Love-Hate relationship.

Nice, it looks like slightly more than what I was expecting, though there is no true pool of any sort with this park, only a lazy river.

So to sum up, the park will consist of:
    - 45 ft tall four-lane mat racer slide
    - 400ft tube slide also off the 45ft tower
    - 700ft long lazy river, complete with a "beach" which probably refers to an open area with zero entry that will kind of act like a pool.
    - play structure with giant tipping bucket and two smaller slides
    - splash zone for very small kids

All in all, that's quite a nice facility for $4.2 million. None of these attractions are very large. The lazy river and slides sound like they'll be on a much smaller scale than what you'll find at White Water. This is definitely a park that will be very competitive with all the local pools, even those up in the city. As far as comparisons to White Water go though, this facility is obviously not designed to be what White Water is, and does not look like it is planned to be expanded to that level either despite what some here are hoping. They want to hit a market that wants more than just a regular old pool, but doesn't want to go to the expense of going to White Water. I'm sure they'll be very successful in that regard with this set-up. I do expect to see them add on a pool of some sort within a few years, probably a small wave pool.

By the way, White Water was always a large water park, it was not started like this park and grown organically like something out of Roller Coaster Tycoon. They've certainly added to it over the years, but it was built much larger than this park, and was designed with larger and more varied attractions to attract a wide range of customers while earning a much larger ticket price. They haven't added much in recent years because they seem to have hit their market ceiling for the time being, and I'm sure they don't want to blow capital on more slides or whatever unless they know it will pay off. They've had a number of management shake-ups over the past few years as well which has thrown a wrench in whatever expansion plans they may have had. However, I think the current group, led by former owners Burke and Story, might just start expanding the park's reach with some new attractions within the next couple of years. Water parks are definitely coming into popularity again, and Burke and Story have been spending a lot on their other water park properties.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Nice, it looks like slightly more than what I was expecting, though there is no true pool of any sort with this park, only a lazy river.

So to sum up, the park will consist of:
    - 45 ft tall four-lane mat racer slide
    - 400ft tube slide also off the 45ft tower
    - 700ft long lazy river, complete with a "beach" which probably refers to an open area with zero entry that will kind of act like a pool.
    - play structure with giant tipping bucket and two smaller slides
    - splash zone for very small kids

All in all, that's quite a nice facility for $4.2 million. None of these attractions are very large. The lazy river and slides sound like they'll be on a much smaller scale than what you'll find at White Water. This is definitely a park that will be very competitive with all the local pools, even those up in the city. As far as comparisons to White Water go though, this facility is obviously not designed to be what White Water is, and does not look like it is planned to be expanded to that level either despite what some here are hoping. They want to hit a market that wants more than just a regular old pool, but doesn't want to go to the expense of going to White Water. I'm sure they'll be very successful in that regard with this set-up. I do expect to see them add on a pool of some sort within a few years, probably a small wave pool.

By the way, White Water was always a large water park, it was not started like this park and grown organically like something out of Roller Coaster Tycoon. They've certainly added to it over the years, but it was built much larger than this park, and was designed with larger and more varied attractions to attract a wide range of customers while earning a much larger ticket price. They haven't added much in recent years because they seem to have hit their market ceiling for the time being, and I'm sure they don't want to blow capital on more slides or whatever unless they know it will pay off. They've had a number of management shake-ups over the past few years as well which has thrown a wrench in whatever expansion plans they may have had. However, I think the current group, led by former owners Burke and Story, might just start expanding the park's reach with some new attractions within the next couple of years. Water parks are definitely coming into popularity again, and Burke and Story have been spending a lot on their other water park properties.
    you really need to look up the history of white water bay lol, by the way white water bay when opened owned a total of 25 acres almost half of that is used for the parking lot and they have sold off some of the acres over the years, so it really isnt that much bigger then what andy alligator is putting their waterpark on to start with, remember andy alligator own more then just what the waterpark is going to go on lol, Andy alligator has a large amount of undeveloped land so expanision can happen they are currently using 8 acres for there already built funpark. White water bay started with only a couple slides, a kids play area and a wave pool. And the owner of andy alligator is trying to get everyone from the state to come to its park, so not just a local city thing. Remember andy alligator theme park is going to be more then just a a waterpark, it already has plenty of non water attractions and that area of the park is growing each year as well

opening day at white water
    Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
    The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
    Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
    The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
    Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.

hmmm not all that different from andy alligators planned opening day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Alligator Andy's is not really building anything comparable to Pirates cove, The Wave pool, or The Rapids and I doubt they ever plan to do so. The construction costs would be high and so would be the operating costs. Right now the lazy river they plan on building is probably the most expensive thing they plan to build and operate.

Its the same reason they don't plan on being as big as Frontier City. Not really a bad thing because its not like these large parks are rolling around in money.

I think the renderings that will be released tomorrow will put things into better perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    you really need to look up the history of white water bay lol, by the way white water bay when opened owned a total of 25 acres almost half of that is used for the parking lot and they have sold off some of the acres over the years, so it really isnt that much bigger then what andy alligator is putting their waterpark on to start with, remember andy alligator own more then just what the waterpark is going to go on lol, Andy alligator has a large amount of undeveloped land so expanision can happen they are currently using 8 acres for there already built funpark. White water bay started with only a couple slides, a kids play area and a wave pool. And the owner of andy alligator is trying to get everyone from the state to come to its park, so not just a local city thing. Remember andy alligator theme park is going to be more then just a a waterpark, it already has plenty of non water attractions and that area of the park is growing each year as well

opening day at white water
    Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
    The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
    Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
    The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
    Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.

Both parks may sit on similar acreages, but the fact remains that WWB was built to be a much larger park than Andy Alligator's will ever be. Like I said, both are built to cater to slightly different sets of the market, with different business plans behind the investments they've made. All I'm trying to get across is to not expect this park to grow and blossom into a major tourist attraction. It might grow some, but I don't see them wanting to leave behind the rest of their business, or price themselves out of range of most of the community.

I've been an industry observer for a number of years now, and I've watched what some would call the rise and fall of FC and WWB, along with numerous other parks. With each property there is an elaborate plan behind each investment, and it's always fun trying to string together how their business works. It usually all comes down to catering to the right market at the right price.

Join us tomorrow Wednesday October 12th at 11:30am at Andy Alligator's Fun Park for the groundbreaking of our NEW Waterpark. There will be guest speakers, renderings and a light lunch. Call 321-7275 ext. 202 for more details. <----from their facebook page. www.facebook.com/andyalligators

I think this new addtion plus what they allready have will be a good draw IMO!

23. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Shocked no one posted any details yet. Nothing on the Transcript site yet - will probably be in the paper tomorrow.

Facebook is pretty sparse with any details. Does sound like a lazy river, water tower, and a couple slides from what has been relayed by others.

^I posted all the specs from the video above. The only concept art that's been given on the web so far was the rendering of the large play structure from the video. I'm to lazy to make a screen grab of it at the moment, hopefully they'll post more on their website tomorrow.

25. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Ahh yeah you did. I wasn't sure if there was going to be more with it, but doesn't look like it. It'll be a nice little community park for Norman and Moore to enjoy.

Story in the Transcript today...
    http://normantranscript.com/headline...ild-water-park

Thread Information