My silly self invited him in.

2. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    My silly self invited him in.
    Yes, cuz you have a HUGE crush on him!

Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yes, cuz you have a HUGE crush on him!
    Haha, psych. I can't stand his little punk arse.

4. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Haha, psych. I can't stand his little punk arse.
    Sureeeeeeeeee. ;-)

Sureeeeeeeeee. ;-)
    ;-)

6. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

OKC also has two of these mini-water parks in Earlywine and Will Rogers Parks. I remember going to the Earlywine pool when I was a tween, and I enjoyed it. I think recently they've added a third water slide that dwarfs the other two at Earlywine; I wouldn't know about Will Rogers as that is a part of town I don't visit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied.
    I have to agree with you Jesseda. If Disney World and Sea World were to come to OKC or Oklahoma for that matter, there would be people gripping and complaining and would not support it.

8. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I have to agree with you Jesseda. If Disney World and Sea World were to come to OKC or Oklahoma for that matter, there would be people gripping and complaining and would not support it.
    Especially with OKC Zoo's strong history of murdering dolphins. Architect2010 can tell you more about it.

Jesseda/progressive boy , I have to disagree with you and agree with BBates. There are those on this forum aren't realists. I'm glad to hear this is coming. The south side really needs something like this and is decades overdue, but to compare it to Whitewater, Great Wolf Lodge or anything of that nature is laughable. $4.5 mil won't buy much these days. This will be a good sized neighborhood pool and nothing more, and that's just fine.

10. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Jesseda/progressive boy , I have to disagree with you and agree with BBates. There are those on this forum aren't realists. I'm glad to hear this is coming. The south side really needs something like this and is decades overdue, but to compare it to Whitewater, Great Wolf Lodge or anything of that nature is laughable. $4.5 mil won't buy much these days. This will be a good sized neighborhood pool and nothing more, and that's just fine.
    Quoting this to prove him wrong in the near future. :-)

11. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yeah we see the same reaction with the NFL thread and all. It isn't that people are against it at all, it is just that some people get a sense of amazing wonderful things of huge scale...when it isn't the case.

So looking up what some companies have spent...and the costs could be higher now. A brand new Great Wolf/Bear Lodge runs around $30-50 million with the hotel and waterpark. Hotels that added a water park after they were opened spent around $1.5 to $4 million. So we could look at those projects to see the scale of what we could see. Some pictures of those projects:

12. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    And there are those people who, if you don't do cartwheels and cheerlead every topic, label those that don't 'whiners' and 'complainers.' Please go back over this thread and show where anyone said this was not a good thing or voiced they do not support it. I don't see a single post that gripes or complains or says it shouldn't happen. It often makes me wonder if some people here don't consciously count on others not reading entire threads so they figure if they make false accusations it will be assumed as true.

13. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quoting this to prove him wrong in the near future. :-)
    Just imagine if we did that with your posts.

picture of the mascot of andy alligator standing where the new park will be.. construction starts next month. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

From Andy Alligators "Good News Everyone! You are all invited to our official groundbreaking ceremony for our New Water Park on Wednesday, October 12th at 11:30am. Renderings & project photos will be on display along with speakers and a light lunch will be provided. Hope to see everyone there. -Andy"

Awesome!

to me its sounds like a good size project, if they are going all out for the ground breaking, hopefully its not like what some people are imagining "community pool with two little slides". We will all soon find out in less then two weeks!!!

this is NOT a community pool with two little slides. its an impressive proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpwoods View Post
    this is NOT a community pool with two little slides. its an impressive proposal.
    I think its going to be bigger then justa community pool project, but some say different, oh well, we dont have long to find out!!

Every time the name, Indian Hills Road, is brought up, it always remind me of the guy (mom's friend's husband's brother) being road-killed by a huge semi-truck that never blew the horn. That was years ago.
    I can relate, my girlfriend's father died from a head-on collision on Indian Hills Rd. when she was only 9 years old. I only live a couple of blocks from Indian Hills Rd.

Another possibility is a stand alone water play structure with multiple slides, interactive water features, tipping bucket etc. as seen here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=49343

These kinds of attractions are beginning to start popping up in a few places, and they make great starting seeds for water parks that may grow over time.

Still though, I don't expect to be impressed, just pleased. Like I said before, we don't need a humongous destination water park. A sweet pool with a bunch of features and a couple of slides would do just fine, and the kids would be able to keep coming back all summer.

I'm taking it that you know something we don't? Or am I getting the wrong signals.

I'm taking it that you know something we don't? Or am I getting the wrong signals.
    October 12th at 11:30, everything will be revealed, andy alligator has a great facebook page that is updated quickly, so if you do not attend the ground breaking, the pics will be put up quickly on htier page for all who could not attend

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    4.5 million to start, this is just the start of it so more money will be going into this venture in the future.. Its going to be really nice, I hope the next phase is to add a indoor waterpark as well. Kyle knows what he is doing this place is going to be great, kyle told me that andy alligator waterpark will be selling season passes when it opens.
    yikes lady...

25. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

WOW!!! Thanks for the official renderings. :-O This is gonna blow everyone away! I'll keep these hidden until the official day for public view. :-D

Thread Information