Widgets Magazine

Thread: Walmart

1. Exclamation Walmart

Greetings Earthlings

It is me again, Thunder. I got some reviews to list. More of a rant, but what the hell.

First, I just wanted to say that I was tired, but was not able to sleep just yet, so I went on a mini trip to a local Walmart Supercenter. Do I need to input the location? They are all the same, so who cares.

What I was looking for was something that I could not find. Upon asking an Associate of Walmart, that Associate had to ask another Associate, which I assume is on a sort of management level (or supervisor). I am quite sad to report that Walmart does not sell tiles. You know the 12x12 tiles for flooring. Yes, that is the one. It is quite unfortunate for Walmart to not be in the market to sell any of it, because I wanted to check on the quality, design, color, and price.

During the sad walk back to the only doors open during the overnight hours, I took the time to stroll through the seasonal Halloween department. I need a costume to wear throughout the month of October at Oklahoma's #1 market. Well, there are limited selections of Adult costumes compared to the vast, overwhelming, and mind-boggling amount of Child costumes. Anyway, I found the perfect costume (all black with perfect material to stay cool with neon light outline capable of three settings)! Unfortunately, on all the packages for this specific costume are labeled with One Size Fit All, which is extremely misleading. I knew this was going to be such depressing news, because I am 6 feet and 5 inches tall. Yes, I am tall. Nervously, I opened the package while reminding a nearby Associate that she should be not afraid as I am not going to steal. Upon taking the whole costume piece out, I applied it against me to see the expected result. Too short! Seriously? And the package says One Size Fit All? Now, that is misleading. Sadly, I repackaged the costume into the bag and hanged it back on the peghook. On the way out, I was thinking of different grounds for a lawsuit. Misleading information and the effect of emotional trauma.

That is all that I have to say about Walmart at this time.

On the Halloween costume, we have a Vendor at the Oklahoma's #1 market selling some Halloween costumes. There is a few, but none strike out to me. But, what the hell, they cost $3 each compare to $30 at Walmart. Its only for one night, right? Or in this case, each October weekend. *sighs*

Thank you for reading, OKCTalk members, I hope this post entertained you.

2. Default Re: Walmart

This is the costume. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Light-Up-B...stume/16672324

I like the blue. It appears that blue are selling out fast. I only see one blue. :-/

Thunder is super sad and depressed. Why do I have to be so tall? Why?!

Default Re: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This is the costume. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Light-Up-B...stume/16672324

I like the blue. It appears that blue are selling out fast. I only see one blue. :-/

Thunder is super sad and depressed. Why do I have to be so tall? Why?!

There's a 'market for everything', Thunder. You can't help your 'height'.

=)

4. Default Re: Walmart

Going to Walmart to shop for tile is like going to Home Depot to shop for pet food or going to Radio Shack to shop for art supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Going to Walmart to shop for tile is like going to Home Depot to shop for pet food or going to Radio Shack to shop for art supplies.
    Or a travel agency for a strobe light.

Or Golden Goose Flea Market to shop for a new BMW.
    (Except maybe for a "free" one out in the parking lot, if you already possess a certain "skill set".)

9. Default Re: Walmart

I will have to disagree. Walmart do have home improvement supplies. They don't have to sell ceramic tiles, but for them not to be selling sticky tiles is just downright outrageous! Family Dollar sells them!!! And the one I went to took up no more than a single endcap space! So, like I said, Walmart should be selling them.

Sounds like a specialized marketing niche.
    (Or a vacuum in the merchandizing matrix.)
    Go for it!

But I would suggest you move The Nortorious Snake Bucket since focus groups have consistently indicated that people who like "stick on tiles" don't like the idea of "slimey snakes" . . . Even if the tiles don't stick and snakes are not slimey. (Or even slimy for that matter).

11. Default Re: Walmart

Sounds like a specialized marketing niche.
    (Or a vacuum in the merchandizing matrix.)
    Go for it!

But I would suggest you move The Nortorious Snake Bucket since focus groups have consistently indicated that people who like "stick on tiles" don't like the idea of "slimey snakes" . . . Even if the tiles don't stick and snakes are not slimey. (Or even slimy for that matter).
    Anyone care to translate? :-(

13. Default Re: Walmart

Don't be afraid of the snake. It was just a pet Boa of someone.

Dude . . . It ain't about being "afraid" of the snake.
    It's about marketing sticky tiles instead of whining about Walmart not having them.
    Isn't it?

(Well, that and cleaning up after the mess that Python made.)

15. Default Re: Walmart

Dude . . . It ain't about being "afraid" of the snake.
    It's about marketing sticky tiles instead of whining about Walmart not having them.
    Isn't it?

(Well, that and cleaning up after the mess that Python made.)
    I am not marketing sticky tiles. In fact, I am not in the business of selling sticky tiles. And for the record, the snake was never in my booth and Taz was never in immediate danger. The snake was discovered in the garages. It belongs to a family member of someone working here. The family member is serving military duty. Any other comment, RadicalModerate?

No . . . Not right now.
    (Oh. Wait . . .)

17. Default Re: Walmart

No . . . Not right now.
    (Oh. Wait . . .)
    I could see that selling sticky tiles as part of decorative items for fish room, but I am not going to go into that. The sticky tiles are quite heavy in those boxes and that means a whole bunch of shipping costs. I will leave that to Family Dollar. Any other comment, RadicalModerate?

I will have to disagree. Walmart do have home improvement supplies. They don't have to sell ceramic tiles, but for them not to be selling sticky tiles is just downright outrageous! Family Dollar sells them!!! And the one I went to took up no more than a single endcap space! So, like I said, Walmart should be selling them.
    They do in the Spring.

I am not marketing sticky tiles. In fact, I am not in the business of selling sticky tiles. And for the record, the snake was never in my booth and Taz was never in immediate danger. The snake was discovered in the garages. It belongs to a family member of someone working here. The family member is serving military duty. Any other comment, RadicalModerate?

Neither is Walmart

Just one more reason that I can't stand Walmart. =)
    (If I actually wanted sticky tiles they wouldn't have them.)

So . . . Do you have something against Family Dollar?
    (Apparently they DO have those rare and highly sought after items.)

And, why would a person abandon a pet snake in The Garages of Golden Goose?
    (Perhaps if you poked around in there some more, you might find a couple of cases of those tiles.)
    (But watch out: Maybe they are guarded by a cobra or something . . .)

(In anticipation of your response, the answer is No.)

Thread Information