Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU - Florida State

Default OU - Florida State

Official watch party of the OU Club of Greater OKC.

All OU fans are welcome

http://www.ouclubofokc.com/watchparty9-1-2011_sm.pdf

2. Default Re: OU - Florida State

Is this the team we exterminated at our last BCS victory?

Default Re: OU - Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No, our last BCS victory was last year against Connecticut. If you mean last national championship, it's the same school with a different team.

I'm guessing things might be a little heated on the field and in the stands after the Twitter debacle, even with the apology from FSU.

It was a national championship. And 13-2 is hardly an extermination especially when they were w/o peter warrick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
    I'm guessing things might be a little heated on the field and in the stands after the Twitter debacle, even with the apology from FSU.
    I hope things aren't too ridiculous. I'll be there tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    It was a national championship. And 13-2 is hardly an extermination especially when they were w/o peter warrick.
    FSU was lucky to get that 2 points!considering FSU was trying to repeat and that was only Stoops' second year imo it was an Awesome win!

Didn't we botch the punt and the punter kicked it backwards out of the endzone to prevent FSU from scoring a TD? So essentially OU scored all of the points that night.

I hope OU does something unusual and puts in a solid road performance. I agree with what James Hale said the other day - OU must start the game playing well. The recent road losses we've had, OU fell behind early and had to play catch up. Last year vs Mizzou allowing the opening kickoff return for a TD...down 7-0 in the first minute. At A&M, fell behind 9-0 in the opening minutes. We're not good enough to come out sloppy and expect a W against a quality opponent.

9. Default Re: OU - Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by earlywinegareth View Post
    Didn't we botch the punt and the punter kicked it backwards out of the endzone to prevent FSU from scoring a TD? So essentially OU scored all of the points that night.

I hope OU does something unusual and puts in a solid road performance. I agree with what James Hale said the other day - OU must start the game playing well. The recent road losses we've had, OU fell behind early and had to play catch up. Last year vs Mizzou allowing the opening kickoff return for a TD...down 7-0 in the first minute. At A&M, fell behind 9-0 in the opening minutes. We're not good enough to come out sloppy and expect a W against a quality opponent.
    What are you trying to do here?! Don't remind us all! We OU fans would like all losses deleted from record (at least in our memory). :-/

I'm scared! I think we'll pull out a win but it'll be close!!!!

Travis lewis is in!!!

If it wasn't for that first drive, OU would be in more trouble than they are already.

Holy.......s***...

14. Default Re: OU - Florida State

I am not satisfied with the remaining minute. They should have gone for another touchdown by running it and if unsuccessful, then kick for 3. Frickin gawd, we need more points than that! Hope it is enough to gain us more points in ratings (beside the #1 thingy).

I am not satisfied with the remaining minute. They should have gone for another touchdown by running it and if unsuccessful, then kick for 3. Frickin gawd, we need more points than that! Hope it is enough to gain us more points in ratings (beside the #1 thingy).
    Thunder, it's called "class". Florida State played a hell of a game against us. It was a sign of respect from Stoops not to get an unnecessary score. Stoops...the ultimate in good sportsmanship.

16. Default Re: OU - Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Thunder, it's called "class". Florida State played a hell of a game against us. It was a sign of respect from Stoops not to get an unnecessary score. Stoops...the ultimate in good sportsmanship.
    I know that, but he also need to know not to allow his weakness to be the doom. We need everything we can get, by the grace of Messiah, it is going to be on thin line if OU can go to the BCS National Championship game or not. Hell, the entire BCS is screwed by votes. Just worried this year. OU could win all games, but if teams #2 and #3 scores more points, I'm just afraid they will knock OU down.

I know that, but he also need to know not to allow his weakness to be the doom. We need everything we can get, by the grace of Messiah, it is going to be on thin line if OU can go to the BCS National Championship game or not. Hell, the entire BCS is screwed by votes. Just worried this year. OU could win all games, but if teams #2 and #3 scores more points, I'm just afraid they will knock OU down.
    Not to worry. When you win on the road against #5, even if it's by one point, you won't be knocked down.

18. Default Re: OU - Florida State

OU's defense was amazing besides on 3rd & 28, but besides that I was very impressed. Their offense though, especially at the goal line, could use a bit more practice and Heupel shouldn't run it straight up the middle on 3rd & goal when Florida State had proven they can stop the run pretty easily when they need to. It could have very easily been 21-3 at Halftime in favor of Oklahoma with just 2 better ran plays. Then again, I'm no coach or even expert on what should be called so maybe I'm the one who needs practice. ;-)

Not taking away from the great road win against the #5 team in the nation, just a few irritating playcalls that really stood out to me. But overall it was a great game and I think OU has proven they can and will go into hostile territory and play rather impressively and somewhat dominately, even though the score was a whole lot closer and Florida State had a legit chance to win late but failed to get anything going after both FSU and OU touchdowns.

Great game indeed! I am no coach, just a tv watcher dude and I wonder if the inside the 5 woes could be solved by a 4 or 5 wide receiver set instead of a tight bunch. In years past the passing game excelled. Today OU ran more it more than they passed and it may be something to work on, split out the receivers and run it inside the 5 yard line. I know OU had problems with this exact scenario last year, figured they would have something lined up. They did try to sneak the FB out on 1st down but it was covered. Not really sure, something they will work on obviously. It was a fun game to watch!

Not to take away from OU's great team but FSU wasn't even close to being the #5 team in the country.

What a game! I have never been in a stadium full of that much energy! The FSU fans are amazing! They have a great band, great cheers that EVERYONE does and tha Seminole mascot on the horse was bad a*s. They sure feel like a #5 when you're in their kitchen! Every single fan we talked to was so gracious. It was like they all worked for the CVB.

The best part of the night was as Bob made his way off the field he was so excited and actually showed some emotion! Big fist pumps right in front of the Sooner section.

Thank you Sooners for a big win and thank you Tallahassee for your hospitality!

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Not to take away from OU's great team but FSU wasn't even close to being the #5 team in the country.
    That's always a tricky determination. It's easier to make that statement at the end of the season than after one game. Of course, if their quarterback is out for awhile it may be difficult to see how good they really are with a full complement of players.

Why can we not find a FG kicker? OU has had some great kickers in their past and now we can barely find one that can get the ball over the crossbar....check the soccer or rugby teams, someone has to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Why can we not find a FG kicker? OU has had some great kickers in their past and now we can barely find one that can get the ball over the crossbar....check the soccer or rugby teams, someone has to be better.
    Did you notice Stoops' reaction after the last FG? I had to laugh.

Thread Information