Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oklahoma will decide the Big 12 fate.

Default Re: Oklahoma will decide the Big 12 fate.

Pac 12 is sorry. OU will be taking a step down, in prestige and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Pac 12 is sorry. OU will be taking a step down, in prestige and competition.
    Yep - but Boren would rather rub elbows at parties with west coast types and not southeast types.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I was sitting in Chik-fil-a for lunch and the group next to me were Florida and Georgia fans. Their entire conversation (30 minutes or so) consisted of how great it would be if OU joined the SEC. Not a word was said about A&M.
    Reminds me when OU played series with Bama a few years ago. I was in Norman on gameday and ran into a crowd of Bama fans at the Waffle House. I thought it funny that they wanted to eat at the only place that was familiar to them. That was a fun series BTW - those two programs are like twins separated at birth. I've heard people say LSU fans were the worst ever. I've witnessed Tennessee fans outright taunting Georgia fans outside the stadium which shocked me for ugliness and immature behavior. My midwestern upbringing emphasized sportsmanship and respect no matter win or lose. Those folks didn't get that message and there were hundreds doing it, not just a few.

You have to keep in mind that teams in the SEC have been plaing each other for 75 years and for the most part there hasn't been the kind of one-sided domination like OU has against its long-time foes. Fans with no reason to taunt usually don't. I have seen OU and Texas cause their fair share of trouble with each other. The SEC is an entire conference of OU/Texas.

Thread Information