Widgets Magazine

Thread: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Default del city city wide garage sale coming up?

I heard its coming up but cant find a date, anyone know?

2. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Yes, if I remember correctly, it is sometime in September. Not sure if they will do it this year or not. They are horrible at updating their website. www.cityofdelcity.com

Google search "Del City City Wide Garage Sale" brings up past years of being in September on various weekends. Nothing specific like first weekend, second weekend...whatever.

Yes, Del City are extremely disorganized.

Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

yeah, i already tried both of those. ill post if i find out.

4. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Just give City Hall a call and ask them. After that, scream at them for not organizing on their website and not advertising enough AHEAD OF TIME to give everyone the chance to prepare to host freebie garage sale.

Found out its this weekend thurs- sunday.

6. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Then that is very poor planning on their part. Most people wouldn't even know about it. At least its hosted before the Great State Fair of Oklahoma.

7. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

How is that poor planning just because you didn't ask about it? It's not their job to advertise all over town when "garage sale day" is. Remember you can also have one any day of the year...this just happens to be when you don't have to get a permit for it.

its been on the community channel since July, and has been advertised in the local papers plus the NHW have placed the dates in their news papers.........

I dont like garage sales, I dont go to em or pay attention yet even I was aware it was coming up in August.
    BTY it started today and runs till sunday........

9. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

If anyone see awesome Palm Tree items amazing enough for resell value, feel free to get them and deliver to me!

10. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Yeah cause that's gonna happen...everyone wants to shop for you....

11. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yeah cause that's gonna happen...everyone wants to shop for you....
    Heh, I've people bring items. Its like selling at pawn shops. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just give City Hall a call and ask them. After that, scream at them for not organizing on their website and not advertising enough AHEAD OF TIME to give everyone the chance to prepare to host freebie garage sale.
    Dont you essentially have a garage sale every weekend at the Golden Goose Flea Market?

13. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by easternobserver View Post
    Dont you essentially have a garage sale every weekend at the Golden Goose Flea Market?
    No, I do not. I own and operate a business.

14. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

And take a look at how many people survive in the Flea Market world too. Half of the buy from the other half and hope to re-sell that same item again at a higher price. It's a loop that finally breaks when someone goes under.

well, I did notice garage sales all over town and lots of cars were out there at the locaitons I noticed.

Just hope everyone that did this had a good turnout.

16. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    And take a look at how many people survive in the Flea Market world too. Half of the buy from the other half and hope to re-sell that same item again at a higher price. It's a loop that finally breaks when someone goes under.
    Nothing wrong with that. Same with massive retailers, businesses, and companies. They buy/order items at fraction of costs and resell skyhigh. So, don't be saying bad about flea markets and vendors at those places. Most people at flea markets do it for hobby. Most of the profits are paid toward rent. Its tough, because people still have the centuries-old mindset that flea markets must be cheap. Well, that is not the case here, because due to crashed economy, many small businesses decided to relocate to flea markets to survive.

17. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Please dont tell me you are comparing retail to flea markets. There's a huge difference between someone passing an antique around 30 stalls at the flea market and a furniture store selling an item from the manufacturer to the consumer. And if reatilers are leaving stores for the market, that's a pretty good sign that they are on their way out.

MadMonk Guest

I heard its coming up but cant find a date, anyone know?
    Look around. Del City IS a city-wide garage sale.
    [Ba-dump-bump-pisshh!]

19. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Incorrect.

I highly advise a tour throughout the fabulous suburban city in the great state of Oklahoma within the great country in the world, the United States of America, which is unfortunately led by President Barrack Hussein Obama. *sighs* Del City...what a world. What a city of a world. *faints*

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    [Ba-dump-bump-pisshh!]
    go back where ya came from, your obviously boored............

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Incorrect.

I highly advise a tour throughout the fabulous suburban city in the great state of Oklahoma within the great country in the world, the United States of America, which is unfortunately led by President Barrack Hussein Obama. *sighs* Del City...what a world. What a city of a world. *faints*
    I don't need to Thunder. I lived in the area for a little over a year. It has been a while since then, but a visit this past summer to the Del City high school area updated my impressions (not for the better).

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    go back where ya came from, your obviously boored............
    No, I'm not boored, but sometimes I do get bored. Also, people of Del City cannot take a joke at their expense.

22. Default Re: del city city wide garage sale coming up?

DCHS is like the best ever!!! We're #1 in the whole wide world!!!

[QUOTE=MadMonk;468698]I don't need to Thunder. I lived in the area for a little over a year. It has been a while since then, but a visit this past summer to the Del City high school area updated my impressions (not for the better).

No, I'm not boored, but sometimes I do get bored. Also, people of Del City cannot take a joke at their expense.[/QUOTspelled spelt it the way I intended.............

Well, I must say that garage sale might have been a lucky day.
    Came across a set of Indiana Carnival glass punch bowl set, NIB (never opened0 Now I dont usually go for geegahas,,,,,,,,,,,but I offered the guy $5.00 bucks and he said yeah
    Just checked on the net and NIB like that for that set is between 100 and 200................not htat I can sale it now as the wife has spotted it...........sigh

Thread Information