Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I doubt that it will be them, they had been their at one time but left under bad conditions
    I know for a fact it will be them. And, we're talking about the old hotel, not the office building to the north.

The state put out an RFP for the new Health Care HQ, which generated 12 responses, however no decision has been made yet. The responses are not public.

I'm told the conversion and renovation of this hotel should be completed by this summer. Renderings should be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I'm told the conversion and renovation of this hotel should be completed by this summer. Renderings should be available soon.
    As always, thanks for the info.

Oklahoma Healthcare Agency still going in?

Addition planned?

Know what's going to become of the pool area?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As always, thanks for the info.

Oklahoma Healthcare Agency still going in?

Addition planned?

Know what's going to become of the pool area?
    Yes, OHCA will still be going in.

Last I heard an addition was still planned. Still haven't heard on the pool, but if I can get a look at the renderings I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I thought he is going to turn into "uglies into beauties"? Looking at the rending, it is still ugly

Wait, this project went from hotel, to student housing proposal, back to hotel, and now is going to be a state agency??

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Wait, this project went from hotel, to student housing proposal, back to hotel, and now is going to be a state agency??
    There are three large distinct buildings at the Lincoln Plaza site, I think the hotel/student housing was the building north of the one likely becoming a state agency

There are three large distinct buildings at the Lincoln Plaza site, I think the hotel/student housing was the building north of the one likely becoming a state agency
    The one that has always been offices (furthest north) has been under separate ownership for some time and is full.

The remainder was the old hotel and that will all become the new home to the state agency discussed here.

The one that has always been offices (furthest north) has been under separate ownership for some time and is full.

The remainder was the old hotel and that will all become the new home to the state agency discussed here.
    Correct. We're talking about the old, dilapidated hotel that faces Lincoln Blvd, not the larger office building immediately to the north of it, which is where OHCA and other state agencies were housed before it flooded in a storm a couple years ago.

I've heard from a person familiar with the situation that Richard Tanenbaum, the developer of the hotel building, is considering buying the larger office building from the current owner, who lives in California and is in deep financial trouble with the building.

The building to the north I ment was the curved building, not the one owned by the person in California, I did not realize the proposal for hotel/student housing included the south most building

This sounds like basically the Lincoln Boulevard version of the AF-OPUBCO deal.

Something's going on over there now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2288.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	3352

Name:	IMG_2291.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	3353

Name:	IMG_2285.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	3351

Looks like they're gutting it out for redevelopment. I see three silhouettes in that second picture...

$12,000,000 building permit for this site issued to the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority.

Described as "add-on and remodel".

Gardner Tanenbaum is doing the work; perhaps they are leasing back to the OHA?

[QUOTE=UncleCyrus;618727]Something's going on over there now.

I didn't know there were any covered bus stops outside of downtown; that's nice to see.

HangryHippo Guest

I didn't know there were any covered bus stops outside of downtown; that's nice to see.
    That's a relatively recent addition. That stop was just a concrete bench until not long ago.

[QUOTE=mcca7596;623817]
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    Something's going on over there now.

There's a few around town, just depends on where you're at. Edmond has several, as do most tourist areas, like Meridian Ave, etc.

$12,000,000 building permit for this site issued to the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority.

A lease was recently signed, it will be OHCA's office space and they would like to be in by the end of the year.

A lease was recently signed, it will be OHCA's office space and they would like to be in by the end of the year.
    Any idea how much space they'll be adding on?

Any idea how much space they'll be adding on?
    I heard it was expanding one side 32 feet from the existing facade of the building.

Yep, it will be OHCA's space and they are set to move in in December (it was originally July, then October). The delay was partially caused because they changed the way in which they are constructing the new facade that will extend the building toward the street. Initially they were going to build the new portion and then tear down things from the inside. I understand they will now tear the face of the building off first, then rebuild everything with the extension.

Thanks so much for the info.

And I suppose they will be taking the entire old hotel structure? There is the curved part that faces the old pool and then the rectangular section that runs N/S.

Thanks so much for the info.

And I suppose they will be taking the entire old hotel structure? There is the curved part that faces the old pool and then the rectangular section that runs N/S.
    They are only leasing/renovating the south rectangular building that runs N/S.

25. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

I've been involved with the project and the substantial completion has always been 'best case' December. There has never been a July or October date and nothing has been delayed from construction, it has been a little delayed just from decisions but nothing out of the ordinary.

Thread Information