Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

Default Re: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

This project is now called The Presley, and they call the taller, rounded building 'The Tower' and the low rectangular building 'The Block'.

The Tower section is almost finished and they will open their model apartment in August with move-in set for October.

The Block is much farther behind; I'm sure it will not open until next year.

You can see rates and more info here: https://www.thepresleyapartments.com/

Blog Entries

I'm no interior decorator but why would you put a couch in "the kitchen"

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm no interior decorator but why would you put a couch in "the kitchen"
    It's probably a small studio apartment. Nowhere else to put it.

Blog Entries

I guess if moving in you'll have to find a microwave with a door that doubles as an LED TV.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I guess if moving in you'll have to find a microwave with a door that doubles as an LED TV.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Samsung-...SAAEgKXivD_BwE

Lol

Blog Entries

ha, guess that could work

I was just told by someone involved in this project that move-in for The Tower will be Oct. 1 and The Block will be Nov.1, the latter being sooner than I had assumed.

Their leasing office is open.

They will start moving residents in on November 1st. The Block (the long rectangular building to the northwest) will open the same time as The Tower (the curved, taller building).

The first apartment shots below are of a studio; the second apartment is a 1-bed.

They've already signed a bunch of leases.

Looks nice.

Neato.

Blog Entries

Good $19 million renovation to what was once an eyesore near our state capitol.

Tanenbaum said he will spend around $19 million renovating the building for use by the health care authority. It will cost another $7 million or so to convert a second building, with seven floors, attached by a skywalk. Larry Cody, vice president of construction, said the second building is being marketed to both state and private office users.--Oklahoman, 2013.
    Gardner-Tanenbaum keeps the light on for Oklahoma Health Care Authority: https://www.oklahoman.com/article/37...care-authority

Great job with the renovation! Lots of history with this property! I am glad it did not go to the wrecking ball.

I am going to be honest, they've legitimately turned this inside out! This looks great!

The first tenants moved in on November 1st.

Will be interesting to see how quickly they fill up.

Saw an IG post yesterday saying they are full capacity. So it took less than a year. Great to see, this complex looks like a solid bang for buck.

^

That's great to hear.

Sure didn't take long.

17. Default Re: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

I toured this property earlier this year and this is a very nice complex with quick access to I-44 and I-235. Here's hoping it spurs similar redevelopment on Lincoln Blvd. from NE 36th to I-44.

I have to hand it to Tenenbaum: the guy knows what he is doing for sure. This is an amazing project on what was an otherwise dead corridor. Also, a great adaptive reuse of an iconic OKC building. Congrats to him and thanks as well.

It's unfortunate that the OKC development community as a whole moves at an utter snail's pace with many of these housing projects. And the fact that the properties lease up quickly shows you how the almost limitless demand OKC has in the multifamily sector.

Really wish Boulevard Place, Alley's End and others would pick up the pace a little to meet this demand.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

Really wish Boulevard Place, Alley's End and others would pick up the pace a little to meet this demand.

I selfishly want Alleys End to die out. I feel like that proposal is a miss for that corner, minimal street interaction, no balconies, and not even a pool?! Plus housing projects that are promised in "phases" seem to usually underdeliver in OKC.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I selfishly want Alleys End to die out. I feel like that proposal is a miss for that corner, minimal street interaction, no balconies, and not even a pool?! Plus housing projects that are promised in "phases" seem to usually underdeliver in OKC.
    100% agree with you on all of this.

That is a terrible list of reasons to want that project to die. The city as a whole and downtown in particular will be far more improved by that block being activated with residents than if we wait for another 3 plus years for another project that is slightly better in a few minor, mostly subjective ways.

I’ve spent a pretty decent amount of time there this summer and It really did turn out to be pretty awesome. It’s almost like a resort. Only negative is that the pool probably should’ve been made larger for as many residents as there are but that’s an extremely minor issue. Great work by Tenenbaum.

One thing that’s striking is how much land is part of this property. It’ll be interesting to see if they decide to develop some of the massive unused parking areas behind both this and the building to the south that they converted to offices. Quite a bit of unused space within the main development itself as well. It’ll be interesting to see what they end up doing with all of it.

Thread Information