Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

A little more about this project:

The project's amenity package will consist of services as follows: 24 hour concierge, secure package room, dry cleaning valet, grocery delivery service, outdoor grilling areas, multiple cabanas by the pool, outdoor TV's & Fireplaces, Dog Park, Sports Courts, Storage Lockers, Hospitality Market, Starbucks Coffee Station, Daily Grab & Go Snacks, Premier Fitness Facility featuring SMART equipment, touch screen cardio equipment, & Yoga Room.

That pool is going to end up as an entertainment legend. I wouldnt be shocked to see them selling tickets to events around it.

Wow...they are serious!

It would be cool to see that massive rooftop used for something ... solar, farm, chicken coop, coop farm, park, etc.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to Lincoln Plaza's return. Use to come here for conferences and occasionally drop in following a visit to the State Capitol buildings complex. The food was excellent and the environment was great; especially when you encounter colleagues and friends.

They've filled in the old pool.

I suppose it was beyond saving and they need a flat area for reconstruction, then a new one will be put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Found some interesting renderings for this on a behance project page:

Source: Wyndham Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Conference Center- JHBR on Behance

Presumably to be a Wyndham property as the title for the project is 'Wyndham Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Conference Center'.

I don't know if this is actually what is to be developed, or if this was just a tentative proposal. Interesting to note that the skybridge is maintained in those renderings.
    Am I the only who likes this rendering better than the new rendering that they are doing now? It is a shame it did not happen, it would have looked awesome

the rendering your showing is for the now existing Health Care Authority (Which added onto and renovated) so these must be for a previous possible development Not what is being done at this time

11. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It would be cool to see that massive rooftop used for something ... solar, farm, chicken coop, coop farm, park, etc.
    That really is a lot of space on the roof of the office building. Rooftop patio, basketball and other courts, and yes, environmental things - grass, ground covers, gardens.

12. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Praedura. That's a user name I haven't seen in a long time.

Glass starting to go in.

This is so amazing. The building was taken down to nothing but the bones, the exterior style was preserved while the interior will be new, modern and completely brand new!

It's very similar to the Tiffany building, in that everything is concrete so they have to take somewhat small rooms and knock holes in the walls to create modern apartments.

The good news is those buildings are like bank vaults.

Ready to see Pete's drone footage fly-through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CpXa8K1BhI

I was hoping those openings would be left all glass.

^^^ I was all excited about this project, somewhat less now

Blog Entries

Want to see this revitalized project once it's completed; anxious to see how it illuminates the area at night.

Definitely didn't want to see this building standing empty any longer; so anything they can do to open the facility that's anywhere near to what it use to be will be a win-win for the area.

Actually I should never judge a project before it is finished...there may yet be a jewel there

22. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I was hoping those openings would be left all glass.
    Looks like it's for the HVAC. Unless you drop the ceiling (making a lower height), then you have to put those window units back in and hanging them in an all glass window wouldn't be the best choice. They could have left a 2 foot horizontal line instead so the upper window was larger like a typical hotel room. Definitely a missed opportunity there. Who wants little dinky 2' wide windows like this when there was easily the potential for a large one? When you're already in a cramped concrete room (as mentioned above), you need to do all you can to make the space feel larger, not confine it.

Agree...2 foot horizontal section would be much better

Something I've been wondering for a while, what in the world is the giant, two story building in this complex? The holes in the middle, the way it appears to be open to the elements in there, I just can't figure it out.

Thread Information