Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The main building is a really beautiful structure. It's too bad that the layout of these mid century architectural gems is so anti-urban. Damn Le Corbusier...
    yeah, how dare it be suburban. It will won't ever live up to its name now will it?

2. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

These renderings were a part of project being done by JHBR Architecture for Parrish Interests...unfortunately that project did not happen. JHBR is not a part of the project that is currently under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Found some interesting renderings for this on a behance project page:

Presumably to be a Wyndham property as the title for the project is 'Wyndham Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Conference Center'.

I don't know if this is actually what is to be developed, or if this was just a tentative proposal. Interesting to note that the skybridge is maintained in those renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by One Dot Less Than Nine View Post
    These renderings were a part of project being done by JHBR Architecture for Parrish Interests...unfortunately that project did not happen. JHBR is not a part of the project that is currently under construction.
    Praedura corrected that two posts above yours, but thank you for the clarification.

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza update

As the southern most building (at least that much) will be the Health Authority, perhaps it is time for someone with access to update the article atop this thread?

Plans revealed to convert part of the old hotel complex -- the curved part with the great pool area -- to multi-family housing, which I assume will be apartments.

Remember, the southern section is being remodeled for office use; it all used to be part of the former Lincoln Plaza Hotel but will now be separated into two projects.

Looks really slick and very glad to know the pool and everything else will be renovated. They also mention the possibility of retail/restaurant space.

First photo -- if it wasn't obvious -- is from when the property was operating as a hotel:

Who is the architect? The renderings are impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Who is the architect? The renderings are impressive...
    Merriman Associates out of Dallas.

Wow. Very nice. I noticed recently some demo work had taken place in the north structure and was curious whether something was underway.

This is a great improvement!

I assume they own the office building north of the curved building. My father in law works in that building at a state agency so I am curious if they are going to remodel the outside and then the inside once leases run out. I would think that would be the best way to do it without kicking anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I assume they own the office building north of the curved building. My father in law works in that building at a state agency so I am curious if they are going to remodel the outside and then the inside once leases run out. I would think that would be the best way to do it without kicking anyone out.
    No, the office building has been under separate ownership for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, the office building has been under separate ownership for some time.
    Thanks Pete, I guess a simple county assessor search could have saved me a few minutes. Looks like it was sold to Lincoln Plaza Office Building LLC for $9 million on 6/30/2006. The other buildings were sold on 6/6/2006 but then sold to The Gardner Tannenbaum group on 8/12/2011. Wonder if they have any interest in buying this once they have the hotel completed.

City is helping the owners with a Historic District National Register Nomination for this property.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    City is helping the owners with a Historic District National Register Nomination for this property.
    That REALLY makes me feel old since I was there for the grand opening.

^

Interesting!

Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries

I haven't seen anything filed, so we'll see.

21. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Hope this happens--there is TONS of potential with this complex and it would be a nice addition to the area. I personally love the late 60s/early 70s look of the bones of this complex and will love to see it transformed and polished up.

They are actually out there working (drone shots below are from today) so hopeful this will finally move forward.

It will be called the Forum at Lincoln Plaza.

23. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

This has the potential to be very cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    This has the potential to be very cool.
    Long overdue project that should help boost life back to this area just north of our capital.

Projects like the Forum at Lincoln Plaza will revitalize an abandoned project that could become a potential eyesore if left in its present state.

Every time I go to the county election board for early voting, I can't help but reminisce about Lincoln Plaza at the height of its heyday. Attended many conferences there where the hospitality was second-to-none.

Look forward to its resurrection...

Lincoln Plaza always reminds me of this Jay Leno story; he had a guest on who said they were from Oklahoma City, and he says "Oklahoma City? I did a show there at the Stars Tiempotec in Lincoln Plaza."
    Of all the rooms he had played, how does that one stay in his memory?

Thread Information