Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Presley (formerly Lincoln Plaza)

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Architect View Post
    I've been involved with the project and the substantial completion has always been 'best case' December. There has never been a July or October date and nothing has been delayed from construction, it has been a little delayed just from decisions but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Okay, cool. That's just what the OHCA people were told (e.g., that it would be July, then October).

Gardner-Tanenbaum keeps the light on for Oklahoma Health Care Authority | News OK

Oklahoma Health Care Authority should be in its new digs — next door to its former home on
    Lincoln Boulevard — by early 2014, developer Richard Tanenbaum said Friday.

. . .

The developer is gutting the old three-story hotel to the studs and will rebuild the space from the inside out.

Tanenbaum said he will spend around $19 million renovating the building for use by the health care authority.

It will cost another $7 million or so to convert a second building, with seven floors, attached by a skywalk.
    Larry Cody, vice president of construction, said the second building is being marketed to both state and private office users.

Oh, and I left out this little nugget from the article:

When finished, the transformed property will also be larger, a total of about 160,000 square feet,
    thanks to a 35-foot-deep addition across the front, which faces Lincoln Boulevard.
    source: Gardner-Tanenbaum keeps the light on for Oklahoma Health Care Authority | News OK

That's one heckuva renovation.

Default Re: Lincoln Plaza update

This is so great to see. I'll still miss the old girl that once was, but I am happy to see the property reborn into something nice. And adding bodies in ought to aid the area eateries as well.

The work on this project is well underway but finally found some renderings and site plans.

They are adding 30,000 square feet to the east side, the one that face Lincoln. Also, this just includes the southern building. Not sure of the plans for the curved structure that also includes the old pool area.

The steel skeleton structure is pretty much up fronting the East side of the building.

I heard someone recently say they were expecting to move in the first couple months of 2014

So, what are the plans for the 7 story curved structure? Is it going to return to being a hotel or are there other plans for the structure?

It looks like Lincoln Plaza/261 LLC bought the curved building on 8/12/2011 and Lincoln Plaza Office Building LLC bought the other office building to the north of this on 6/30/2006.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It looks like Lincoln Plaza/261 LLC bought the curved building on 8/12/2011 and Lincoln Plaza Office Building LLC bought the other office building to the north of this on 6/30/2006.
    Right, but the building under construction and the curved structure with the pool are both owned by Gardner Tanenbaum, so I'm not sure of what their plans are for the curved structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Right, but the building under construction and the curved structure with the pool are both owned by Gardner Tanenbaum, so I'm not sure of what their plans are for the curved structure.
    They would make cool apartments, already have a pool location and room for green space. The lincoln has done pretty well, not sure why this whole development didn't end up being housing.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    They would make cool apartments, already have a pool location and room for green space. The lincoln has done pretty well, not sure why this whole development didn't end up being housing.
    I agree. Seems like having the Health Dept in there is going to really limit what can be done with the rest of the space.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I would guess because they would rather build out and lease to one entity for a lot of money rather than hundreds of individuals for several hunder dollars a month. I know that is what I would prefer.

I wish they would have rebuilt what they are currently working on as convention space, redone the curved area as a hotel, renovated the building to the north and made it nicer office space.

Although, I imagine the curved building and office building are probably going to have to be gutted much the same as the building they are working on due to asbestos.

Remember, they originally proposed making the whole complex housing but I think they came upon this deal with the state that was hard to refuse. Can't blame them.

Hopefully, the curved structure will be housing. Hard to imagine another use.

16. Default Re: Lincoln Plaza

The curved structure and pool deck really have a great, late-mid-century/sixties almost Rat Pack Vegas vibe. It would be really cool to see them put to creative use.

I drive by everyday on the way to work. Looks like they're making progress.

By the way, the skybridge goes, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BDK View Post
    I drive by everyday on the way to work. Looks like they're making progress.

By the way, the skybridge goes, correct?
    Is it still there?

Please snap a picture next time you happen by. You can always forward to me and I'll post.

Is it still there?

Please snap a picture next time you happen by. You can always forward to me and I'll post.
    I'm pretty sure it was this morning when I drove by.

I'm usually barreling down Lincoln trying to avoid 235 traffic on my way to Midtown in the mornings. I'll try to snap a few while I'm out and about this weekend, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	4370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (2).jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	4371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	4372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (4).jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	628.0 KB 
ID:	4373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	4374

^

Thanks!

So, the skybridge between the two buildings is clearly not being demolished. Interesting.

^

Thanks!

So, the skybridge between the two buildings is clearly not being demolished. Interesting.
    I noticed that the other day too, and was wondering what the plans were.

Found some interesting renderings for this on a behance project page:

Source: Wyndham Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Conference Center- JHBR on Behance

Presumably to be a Wyndham property as the title for the project is 'Wyndham Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Conference Center'.

I don't know if this is actually what is to be developed, or if this was just a tentative proposal. Interesting to note that the skybridge is maintained in those renderings.

The main building is a really beautiful structure. It's too bad that the layout of these mid century architectural gems is so anti-urban. Damn Le Corbusier...

Oops. It had been so long since I had vistited this thread, I forgot that this has already been reslated to be new digs for the Health Care Authority.

So the hotel idea is out. Oh well, neat renderings anyway.

Thread Information