Widgets Magazine

Thread: "New" Wine and Spirit Shop

Default "New" Wine and Spirit Shop

Disclaimer: I do not have any connection with this business. Was at Target on NW Expwy/Rockwell and needed to grab a quick bottle of wine and stopped in a couple doors west at Sean's Wine and Spirit Shop. First time there as I usually am not quite this far out. Nice place, excellent selection (like the way they have everything by grape and then alphabetical order) and prices are very much in line with the "old timers". The lady said it used to be The Cellar, but it closed; they have been open since February. She said they are going to be having some wine tastings in the near future. If this is in your area, you might want to drop in and check them out. . . easy to get to if you're at any of the "big boxes" on the south side of the street.

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: "New" Wine and Spirit Shop

I didn't realize the place changed hands and names. I liked them as The Cellar. Do they still sell beers as singles and mix-match sixers?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I didn't realize the place changed hands and names. I liked them as The Cellar. Do they still sell beers as singles and mix-match sixers?
    I was primarily interested in the wines. . .maybe a "beerophile" will check it out and report back?

MadMonk Guest

Hmm...better not trust just anyone with this information. I'll have to go check it out myself.

It is the successor to the Cellar. Based upon industry friends they won't be around much longer. I thought their selection was pretty limted and not desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    It is the successor to the Cellar. Based upon industry friends they won't be around much longer. I thought their selection was pretty limted and not desirable.
    Well. . .imo that would be unfortunate. Perhaps it's because (like myself), people just haven't stopped in. I shop NE 23rd/Brdway, 63rd/May, 63rd/NW Expwy pretty regularly (for wine). . .and occasionally 15th/Bryant (Edmond). There were certainly somethings I didn't find, but there were several things I hadn't seen before. I do remember some pretty nice mid-price vinters. . .Rombauer, A to Z, Joullian. . . none of whom I would consider "not desirable". The prices on the things I regularly buy were in line with my "big 3". Just stopped in there today for a quick purchase and was very pleasantly surprised. So, when I'm out that way, I'll stop in and give them my business as long as they are there. . . pretty sure I can find something I like!!

Thread Information