Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Default GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

This place is known as the old steakhouse in Guthrie, it is actually haunted verified by the believe it or not paranormal society of OKlahoma... It is only $6 bucks with $1 off with flyer. more info coming soon!!!

Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Actual address is 4524 Riverside circle Guthrie, OK 73044 for all you google map heads

3. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

More info is required in a post like this. Why is the place haunted? What makes it haunted? Anything the poor souls should expect? Is there high-risk of being killed...never coming out alive?

Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

What up Thunder, man I bought this building a week ago and we were doing some renovation getting ready for our haunred house in Oct and a door kept shutting on us with no wind outside, one of the rooms is always cold, 2X4 fall now and then, so the more we worked on it the more frequent it bacame, so I called these folks out and they did an investigation kinda like the show on FYI network

They got all sorts of cool audio from something.. I am still alittle skeptical but very weird

This ought to make a great halloween haunted house its perfect..

Ive long heard stories about the logan county mem hospital as well as the old boys home being haunted.

Yes, but the cops keep close eyes on those buildings, This place is gonna make an awesome halloween haunted house..

8. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Be sure to get a permit if you are going to charge for admission. I just got done watching a movie on Netflix and there was "private party" that the police decided to show up and shut them down, because they got jealous of the door admission that people paid to enter.

I am 2 blocks out of the city limits of Guthrie, I am in unincorporated land , City of Guthrie said I do not need one, but I will double check

10. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Yay! I personally believe that private event don't need permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno and Walker View Post
    I am 2 blocks out of the city limits of Guthrie, I am in unincorporated land , City of Guthrie said I do not need one, but I will double check
    If you are outside the city limits, then the city isn't your nanny. Might wish to double check what, if any, nanny rules exist from either Logan Co. or the State for such an enterprise.

12. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If you are outside the city limits, then the city isn't your nanny. Might wish to double check what, if any, nanny rules exist from either Logan Co. or the State for such an enterprise.
    And they need to back off. Its just a temporary one month side-job making extra money. Its not something that is established. Look at the many kids out there mowing lawns for money. Do they have a permit? No. Government can be so cruel.

I will check it out tomorrow, thanks for imput

14. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

I learned that IRS / OK Tax Commission don't require anyone to register until they are established after quite some time, so you should be good there. You just need to watch out for those greedy city leaders and county leaders as they may whine about you must have permit (similar to garage sale permit). Just to be safe.

Thunder, are you guys doing a haunted house also,, I saw your ad on

16. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

We are trying to. Either we can gather enough props or get someone to sponsor or use our large space. May not be possible this year.

C'mon out to ours and get some ideas,

Went to work today at the Haunted House constructing the maze and heard a loud bang, this place is truly haunted.. Cannot wait till opening night oct 7 .. Going to be a blast, we got the top designer from Texas doing our props and coordinating..

how many sq feet of space is this haunted house going to be? how long will it take to go through it?

20. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I learned that IRS / OK Tax Commission don't require anyone to register until they are established after quite some time, so you should be good there. You just need to watch out for those greedy city leaders and county leaders as they may whine about you must have permit (similar to garage sale permit). Just to be safe.
    I'm not sure what YOU mean by 'register' but if you derive an income (or anything of value) from your activity then you're required to claim it on your income tax. The IRS doesn't give you time to 'establish' your business before they want their cut. I hope this isn't the tax advice your using for your Flea Market business model.

I still remember those UCO students who were throwing parties awhile back, charging admission and posting the pics online. The IRS came after them and claimed they owed them $300,000!!!!!!! Not sure how or if it has ended yet, but talk about a nightmare.

21. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

It was what I was told by the OK Tax Commission.

22. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

While you don't have to register as a business - you can operate as a sole proprietor - you DO have to report all your earnings and pay taxes on your business activites.

23. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    While you don't have to register as a business - you can operate as a sole proprietor - you DO have to report all your earnings and pay taxes on your business activites.
    IRS included in that annual income stuff or separately?

24. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    IRS included in that annual income stuff or separately?
    Uhhhhhh yeah. You've gotta pay (claim) to the state and feds. No EZ form as you'll have lots of write-offs.

25. Default Re: GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Uhhhhhh yeah. You've gotta pay (claim) to the state and feds. No EZ form as you'll have lots of write-offs.
    Next year is when I first do all that stuff, but its going to be hard. Looking at the forms and not knowing what to do. Maybe when you have time, we meet up and you help me fill them out or something? Brother to brother, eh?

Thread Information