Widgets Magazine

Thread: In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

Patrick Guest

Default In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

Okay guys....time to be nice. Say some good things about Tulsa.

2. Default Re: In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

It has beautiful rolling hills.

3. Default Re: In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

J/K thought that would give a few people on this forum a complex.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

Beautiful forested landscape with gently rolling hills, nice upscale neighborhoods, great segregation of nice and bad parts of town, quality shopping areas like Utica Square and Woodland Hills Mall, first class uncomparable museums like Philbrook and Gilcrease, general upscale artsy feeling of the city in general, gorgious river with nice trails and parks, superb outdoor ampihtheater for Discoverland Oklahoma! Great schools! Fine facilities at Fairgrounds. Need I say more?

5. Default Re: In this thread we say good things about Tulsa

OK OK OK...you are making Tulsa sound like there is nothing wrong with it. If that was the case, then it would still be considered America's most Beautiful City...BUT ITS NOT. Maybe someday if the lazy citizens over there and the lazy leaders get off their @** and figure out that Vision 2025 is not a cure all, then something will get done...AND then maybe by 2025 Tulsa will again be America's most beautiful city.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Oh yes, I knew this thread was on it's way.

Well. I am one for suburban design, and Tulsa is rockin and rollin there. I love the South side of town. The landscaping along 71st Street is truly magnificent, as are some of the steep slopes behind ORU (Area around Bixby, Oklahoma's fastest growing city).

Did you know that Oklahoma's last 3 fastest growing cities have been in Tulsa? Broken Arrow for awhile, then Owasso, now it is Bixby.

I think Tulsa's wooded, hilly suburbs have true Southern charm. I really like the art deco skyline, the Frank Lloyd Wright influences (his only skyscraper is north of Tulsa, in Bartlesville) and the rich Oil legacy the city, while not thriving on the business itself no longer, thrives from at a cultural level.

Undoubtly the culture capital of Oklahoma, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

^^ Oh come on, Nuclear please just make a seperate thread here or in front of our friends over at TulsaNow.

Wrong thread. Oh but I dooo agree.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_2525
    OK OK OK...you are making Tulsa sound like there is nothing wrong with it. If that was the case, then it would still be considered America's most Beautiful City...BUT ITS NOT. Maybe someday if the lazy citizens over there and the lazy leaders get off their @** and figure out that Vision 2025 is not a cure all, then something will get done...AND then maybe by 2025 Tulsa will again be America's most beautiful city.
    It's important to point out, Tulsa's problem isn't the city itself, but the city leaders!

Now, "In this thread we say good things about Tulsa"

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner&RiceGrad
    ^^ Oh come on, Nuclear please just make a seperate thread here or in front of our friends over at TulsaNow.

Wrong thread. Oh but I dooo agree.
    Yeah, we don't really want to say bad things about Tulsa here. That wouldn't serve any purpose.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Yes, the city leaders are good for norhing.

A revolution?

I do agree with some of them that Tuls has gotten the short straw, state funding wise, but if they want funding, they have to secure it for themselves and actually have a plan to spend it. They have neither.

Thread Information