Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ♪ "Feel Good Music" ♫

1. Default Re: ♪ "Feel Good Music" ♫

I finally got the posting of videos thing.Thank you all for helping me get through this mental block.

Default Re: ♪ "Feel Good Music" ♫

9 to 5 Trailer

...recorded in my father's basement studio circa 1981.

Dolly Parton 9 to 5

MadMonk Guest

Sing along (you know you want to)

This is just a test of the YouTube/OKC Feel Good Posting System.
    If it is a real feel good moment, the Music Video Will Appear.

PS to Double Edge: I take back any mean thoughts I might ever have cast in your direction on account of your posting of the Los Lobos Version of "La Bamba" early on this thread. It is in the top five of All Feel Good Songs Ever (at least in my humble opinion) and I mean it. (In the sincere rather than hostile sense of the word "mean". =)

Dang. That was the easiest thing ever . . . =)
    (None of that danged on HTML stuff or nuttin' =)

If y'all haven't yet, you should check out spotify. It's the real deal, the itunes killer.

Oh, and for good measure...

You ought to start charging for mind-reading services.

Dolly
    The wife has been playing her a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    PS to Double Edge: I take back any mean thoughts I might ever have cast in your direction on account of your posting of the Los Lobos Version of "La Bamba" early on this thread. It is in the top five of All Feel Good Songs Ever (at least in my humble opinion) and I mean it. (In the sincere rather than hostile sense of the word "mean". =)

Dang. That was the easiest thing ever . . . =)
    (None of that danged on HTML stuff or nuttin' =)
    Yeah, top five, fer shur.

Here's a pair that make me smile.

The is probably my favorite Clapton song.

Shifting gears just a little . . .
    This one made me feel good when I was maybe ten years old.
    It still makes me feel good today (even this short version =)
    (Please be advised that I never tune in to "Oldies" stations.)

Oh, what the heck . . . While I'm here . . .
    (Even if it has been played to death at way too many weddings and whatnots . . .)

Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria

Careful! Women blowing horns to devil music at this link! Not for the squeamish and possibly NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6B0F6edMy8

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Sing along (you know you want to)

Estelle -- American Boy

...but, there's always something there to remind me...of an 80's tune! (♥ that)

Toto (band) -- Africa

Thanks. I needed that. =)
    ('Specially with getting all "uptight" about the Westboro Bunch and The 'British' Riots and whutnots*.)

*"Whutnots": a.k.a. "whatnots"; a.k.a. "etc. (and so forth)"; a.k.a. "Other Stuff Outside of Your Circle(s) of Influence and Concern" a.k.a. etc. ad infinitum . . .

Please accept, in advance, my apology for any inferences (on [your] part) involved in a.k.a. Number Three, above, that [you] might have involved Mormonism. Thank [you]. Again. =)

Edited to Add:
    (Speaking of Africa . . . This is from the '60s ("radical") film "If" (about a riot at a British Boarding Skool.) I liked it so much that I bought the Vinyl Version. Back in the Day. Of course, way back then, there was no video to accompany the music. It (the music) makes me feel as good as listening to the Books on "Tape" series of "The First Ladies Dectective Agency" . . . =)

Apparently, I need to re-define my personal interpretation of "Feel Good" music . . . =)
    That one was a bit too "cerebral" with too little emphasis on Tsunamis [directed at] Thailand.

(Sorry . . . Accidentally "channelled" that 700 Club Guy--which is pretty much the opposite of "Feel Good Music" even in the Text Version, doncha know. =)

Back on Topic =):

(Even the "Seal" version is worth a scrap of fish) . . .

Sir Mix alot-baby got back

House of Pain-jump around

Back to the '80s

Kate Bush -- The Dreaming
    "...The song is about the destruction of Aboriginal homelands by white Australians in their quest for weapons-grade uranium. Musical guest Rolf Harris plays the didgeridoo on the recording. Bird impersonator Percy Edwards provided sheep noises. The original title for the track was "The Abo Song", which unwittingly made use of a racial slur; promotional 12" copies were circulated before being recalled..."

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Thanks. I needed that. =)
    ('Specially with getting all "uptight" about the Westboro Bunch and The 'British' Riots and whutnots*.)

*"Whutnots": a.k.a. "whatnots"; a.k.a. "etc. (and so forth)"; a.k.a. "Other Stuff Outside of Your Circle(s) of Influence and Concern" a.k.a. etc. ad infinitum . . .

Please accept, in advance, my apology for any inferences (on [your] part) involved in a.k.a. Number Three, above, that [you] might have involved Mormonism. Thank [you]. Again. =)

Edited to Add:
    (Speaking of Africa . . . This is from the '60s ("radical") film "If" (about a riot at a British Boarding Skool.) I liked it so much that I bought the Vinyl Version. Back in the Day. Of course, way back then, there was no video to accompany the music. It (the music) makes me feel as good as listening to the Books on "Tape" series of "The First Ladies Dectective Agency" . . . =)

That was a fascinating movie which I remember very well. I also bought that album. This was the iconic song from that album which was featured in the movie:

Here's some music from the 21st century.

This tune is from one of my favorite albums of all time. (And I'm not just saying that because I read in an interview with Herbie "The King of Jazz Flute" Mann--about the same time that I bought it--that it was way up on his "Listening List.")

There isn't a "clunker" on it. It's mostly moody and melancholy, but this particular cut always makes me feel good.

It also reminds me of a set of circumstances--back in the day--that brought me to the back room of a local "businessman" who was also a part time/amateur fence for stolen stuff. Among the stolen "goods" stacked in that room was a turntable. On the turntable was a copy of this record. It made me feel very sad to see that . . . in a way that is difficult to understand or explain. I suppose it has something to do with empathy for a person who appreciated this record as much as I did getting ripped off.

Anyway, the up-side, feel good part of that little aside is that the "businessman"/"hobby fence" eventually got busted for his part in the misdeeds. Remembering that makes me feel good too. =)

And here is one by one of the best comedians of all time.
    From what I understand, he recorded all the vocals on this tune.
    Listen closely to the lyrics . . .
    (P.S.: The actual 50's were just a bit before my time. I was only 8 when they ended and only started really listening to the radio a year or two after that.)

But to pacify The 21st Centuryists =) here is something more recent.
    (Something that stands outside of any temporal or decade matrix . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    <video omitted>"...The Lovin' Spoonful always makes me feel good. Reminds me of the summers of my youth, young love, innocence; you know, all of that stuff that's lost now..."

...Melanie never fails to bring a smile to my face (and heart).

Melanie Safka -- Alexander Beetle

Yeah, she's a sweetie. Speaking of roller skates...It's not really worth sitting through the whole song, IMO, but this makes good use of Roger Miller's sentiment.

Thread Information