Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichols Hills Plaza

1. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Probably unrelated, but there was an LLC registered for Osteria Americana and the Registered Agent's address is Avondale Investments.

https://www.bizapedia.com/ok/osteria-americana-llc.html

Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

The City of NIchols Hills has moved into their newly expanded and remodeled town hall, which is directly east of Trader Joe's.

Very nicely done.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Probably unrelated, but there was an LLC registered for Osteria Americana and the Registered Agent's address is Avondale Investments.

https://www.bizapedia.com/ok/osteria-americana-llc.html
    Very interesting - thanks for posting.

HangryHippo Guest

Agreed - looks very well done.

Was able to get a quick tour of St. Mark's Chop Room & Bar over the weekend. Wasn't able to snap a picture but it's going to be a very cool space and they will hopefully be open in the next couple of months. It looked like it will have a dark, intimate vibe and they were beginning to lay really cool large cement "Moroccan" (I'm sure there's a better name for what this style is actually called) tiles that have recently become popular. It's about 2/3 the size of En Croute. If they're able to fit more than 6-10 tables (plus the bar) I'll be surprised. But I love small, intimate restaurants like this and hope to see more and more of them in midtown/downtown, recognizing it must be difficult to make any money in such a small space unless prices are high, which theoretically limits the locations in which they can exist. I had steak at En Croute and based off that expect the food to be good, if expensive, and the bar to be stellar, as En Croute's bar manager will be running the chop room.

I made a reservation for the restaurant on August 8th(opening day) so I'm assuming that they are guaranteeing they will be open then? En Croute posted about reservations being availavle last week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by LFordD40 View Post
    I made a reservation for the restaurant on August 8th(opening day) so I'm assuming that they are guaranteeing they will be open then? En Croute posted about reservations being availavle last week sometime.
    That was the date they told me as well but was hesitant to post it in case the date was not set in stone - but if they're accepting reservations then it must be firm. Can't wait to try it!

8. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Yep Stranger posted about reservations going live and the first date being August 8th. They have 6 tables and 8 spots at the bar, so seating is really limited, but I think it will be a nice addition to the area. They're exclusively serving Iron Horse Ranch's Wagyu beef as well.

The Bolen Gas Station (formally Shell I believe) at 6404 Avondale Dr was torn down over the weekend. Anyone know what the plan is for the corner?

10. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

A bank is putting in a branch. Not sure on the specific bank.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    A bank is putting in a branch. Not sure on the specific bank.
    A bank? That's no fun at all. Snapped these pics driving by this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fffff.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	645.7 KB 
ID:	14187

Will be a First Fidelity bank, owned by the Camerons of American Fidelity fame.

13. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I see all these large brick-and-mortar banks going up and can't help but think... Is this really what the future looks like? The people who regularly go to banks are not getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    I see all these large brick-and-mortar banks going up and can't help but think... Is this really what the future looks like? The people who regularly go to banks are not getting any younger.
    For whatever reason, OKC seems to be under-banked.

I really need to switch from BofA and was forced to go in the lobby a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely packed.

15. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For whatever reason, OKC seems to be under-banked.

I really need to switch from BofA and was forced to go in the lobby a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely packed.
    Try a credit union. I have been using them most of my adult life and will not willingly go back to a traditional bank. Currently with Tinker.

That really is unfortunate. Banks are great and all but I don't think that's the best use of this space. I was pulling for a Pump like establishment.

HangryHippo Guest

Hadn't that gas station recently been renovated? I agree something like the Pump would have been amazing, but I can't see something like that being allowed in Nichols Hills.

An existing First Fidelity branch & drive-through is 1,000' away at the SE/C of 63rd & Grand. What will happen with that corner when First Fidelity moves?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hadn't that gas station recently been renovated? I agree something like the Pump would have been amazing, but I can't see something like that being allowed in Nichols Hills.
    It isn't that it wouldn't be allowed, but doesn't really fit the demographics. Just because it was a service station doesn't mean the same concept would be a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It isn't that it wouldn't be allowed, but doesn't really fit the demographics. Just because it was a service station doesn't mean the same concept would be a great fit.
    +1. Not all places that are successful work everywhere. Iron Star BBQ, successful in OKC, not so much in Norman.

The City of NIchols Hills has moved into their newly expanded and remodeled town hall, which is directly east of Trader Joe's.

Can you imagine all the great debates about constructing a McMansion on easements that will take place in this room? Kidding aside, they are nice digs.

22. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

This is the entrance to NH. An overprice full service gas station is probably not the best use for this lot. A branch that will most likely service the new tenants of Cumberland is a good use, especially knowing that MFB bought the lot at Penn and 63rd.

This is the entrance to NH. An overprice full service gas station is probably not the best use for this lot. A branch that will most likely service the new tenants of Cumberland is a good use, especially knowing that MFB bought the lot at Penn and 63rd.
    Midland (et al) has owned the NW/C of 63rd & Penn for a long time. A two-story office building was previously there.

24. Default Re: Nichols Hills Plaza

I'm mostly joking here - and agree a gas station wasn't the highest and best use - but between the city's only full-service option (that I know of) AND the highest octane super in town (I liked having it in my Triumph), I will take a little issue with "overpriced."

Thread Information