Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News Chopper Breaking news

1. Default News Chopper Breaking news

Jim Gardner, the news chopper pilot for KFOR is moving on and has been hired by KWTV.Now maybe KFOR can buy a chopper and hire Mason Dunn. Just wishful hoping on my part.

Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW... He's a huge reason why I watch KFOR and their weather coverage. They better have offered him bookoos of money and I hope he included a clause in his contract that states if he doesn't feel like flying that he can't just be ousted!

where did you hear of this information

4. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

Yeah.... Jim made the biggest mistake of his life to go from top-notch place to lowest slum. Since he abandoned KFOR...who cares what happen to him. No one is gonna be feeling sorry for him when he deal with wackos at KWTV. In other news, everyone will be embracing Mason Dunn (even tho I don't know him), he will bring KFOR higher and higher.

Actually hes leaving a slum that treats its people like crap...

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    Actually hes leaving a slum that treats its people like crap...
    That's what I'm hearing, too. Things changed at 4 when they got sold.

7. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

We've been discussing this on the other thread: http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...558#post453558

Going to see if Pete/Mmm can combine the two.

8. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

I posted this when I got the info, but someone else posted the same info on the other thread. Please put the two together if you can.

Well, after watching today's coverage of the storm damage. I think KFOR has unofficially disowned Jim Gardner. They had Mark Dillard doing the voice overs. Not once did I here Jim mentioned by name. So I'm guessing he still flies the helicopter, but he himself isn't heard live on the air?

Thats correct, hes finishing out his contract. Flying but no reporting.

11. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

When does Jim officially go to KWTV?

His contract runs until next july

13. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

I find it hard to believe that they will actually require him to stay there for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    His contract runs until next july
    There's no way that they're not going to let him talk for a whole year. That's just madness and stupidity. I'd rather just switch over to News9 now and call that my favorite station.

That was the agreement

Well, that's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    There's no way that they're not going to let him talk for a whole year. That's just madness and stupidity.
    Makes very good sense. In a year, his local following will have evaporated; TV viewers have notoriously short attention spans; otherwise why would re-runs within less than a year be accepted? Meanwhile, "Sky News Nine" will have become a distant memory.

My fat fingers made that chopper name come out as "Sly News None" originally. Perhaps I should have left it that way...

18. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

Kinda funny that KWTV can't even hire a temp pilot to come in and take care of things, but I guess that is how it goes.

I'll watch News 9 if they name their helicoptor Lee's RV's Eyes in the Sky News 9 News Chopper!!

Really. Love how all of you think you know how it works. I know from the inside there is so much more to the whole story. Just wait.

21. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

This is surprising to see KFOR in a whole new light....coldhearted bunch. Not allowing Jim to talk or anything. But...hey...beside that, Jim don't deserve attention for such act that he did (abandoning a station..breach of contract...list goes on).

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Really. Love how all of you think you know how it works. I know from the inside there is so much more to the whole story. Just wait.
    Why did I just have a fleeting vision of the OKC City Council?

23. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    This is surprising to see KFOR in a whole new light....coldhearted bunch. Not allowing Jim to talk or anything. But...hey...beside that, Jim don't deserve attention for such act that he did (abandoning a station..breach of contract...list goes on).
    He is serving out his contract, he isn't breaching anything.

24. Default Re: News Chopper Breaking news

Well, morally breaching. Both sides are in the wrong. Jim could have just waited until the end of his contract...or really close to it, but it seems that Jim is trying to abandon KFOR. He could get his wish as he can easily be released. KFOR is in the wrong, as I said, for years they have given praises to Jim about this and that, but upon learning of Jim's departure, they shunned him. They won't allow him to speak...facial appearance, etc. Its so weird.

Its not weird, just how the business works..

Thread Information