Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	5950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm3.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	5951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm4.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	5952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm5.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	5953  

2. Default Re: Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse $50 voucher for $25

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    If you like it or wanna try it...... here ya go.... http://kfor.upickem.net/engine/Splas...ontestid=30910

Starts tomorrow morning, until sold out.
    Groupon has brought about so many clones they're hard to keep up with. This is a good one though Brian.

Default Re: Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse $50 voucher for $25

Actually many of the local TV and radio stations were doing it far before Groupn existed.

Default Re: Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse $50 voucher for $25

Here right now and I love this place. About to hit up WSKY Lounge afterwards and downtown is bumping!!!

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Mickey Mantle's

I'm eating an actual dinner here for the first time in a long, long time tonight and was wondering if any of you OKCTalk peeps have any outstanding recommendations for what I should consider ordering tonight? Anything I shouldn't miss?

6. Default Re: Mickey Mantle's

Roquefort filet (which I usually also ask to have prepared like their pepper steak)
    Jalapeño bacon mac and cheese (do NOT miss this)
    Mickey's chopped salad
    Either mushroom or lobster risotto
    Best calimari in OKC
    Boursin cheese
    Fried mushrooms are crazy good for such a common appetizer, as are fried pickle chips
    If not a steak eater have chicken florentine
    Best creme brûlée in town too

HangryHippo Guest

Awesome, thanks!!

8. Default Re: Mickey Mantle's

You're welcome! Also, for the record, my favorite cut in most steakhouses is ribeye, but there is something about a filet with Mickey's specific Roquefort sauce...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    You're welcome! Also, for the record, my favorite cut in most steakhouses is ribeye, but there is something about a filet with Mickey's specific Roquefort sauce...
    I'm going to try it and will report back.

10. Default Re: Mickey Mantle's

Great. And don't forget, if you're going with someone who's not a big steak eater, the chicken florentine is incredible, and honestly the place probably had the best fresh seafood in town before The Drake opened.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Great. And don't forget, if you're going with someone who's not a big steak eater, the chicken florentine is incredible, and honestly the place probably had the best fresh seafood in town before The Drake opened.
    All my dining partners are fellow meat-a-tarians, but I'll let them know in case they want to try it.

MM does a mixed grill of three different cuts of filet, from Kobe to wagyu to American prime. I had friends in who tried that and really enjoyed the chance to contrast the options. Just a thought.

Doesn't Mantle's have a dress code requirement?

14. Default Re: Mickey Mantle's

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Crockett View Post
    Doesn't Mantle's have a dress code requirement?
    They do not. I regularly go into the bar in shorts (and even at time a T-shirt, usually of the Thunder variety) when weather is nice. I've even once had dinner in the dining room in shorts at he insistence of the general manager, though I was hesitant and FELT out of place when doing so (hence his insistence).

You'll probably feel more comfortable in the dining room in something reasonably nice, which could simply be jeans and a collared shirt or sweater, and will most certainly feel quite at home in a jacket or a suit. But the bar, especially, is very laid back and welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    MM does a mixed grill of three different cuts of filet, from Kobe to wagyu to American prime. I had friends in who tried that and really enjoyed the chance to contrast the options. Just a thought.
    Just to be sure, Mickey Mantle's doesn't have Kobe beef. They like many other establishments in this fine state and the rest throughout the US serve Japanese Wagyu, but not Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Just to be sure, Mickey Mantle's doesn't have Kobe beef. They like many other establishments in this fine state and the rest throughout the US serve Japanese Wagyu, but not Kobe.
    I misspoke, you are correct.

Found this online looking for something else. Seems a little presumptuous to tell people how they should hold their silverware, order their steak and what to drink.

https://mickeymantlesteakhouse.com/b...ner-etiquette/

^

Very strange.

wow... that page came across as pretty condescending. i have to wonder if they don't want to lose customers by enforcing a dress code but are concerned about maintaining the image of a fine dining establishment.

I googled some of the phrases in that hoping it was some article they copied and pasted (perhaps was meant to be filler material for a page and not published on the live site). My search turned up nothing, so yeah - that’s pretty bad.

It is dated at the bottom as being from 2016 so it's hard to tell the context.

This is one of the most condescending and pretentious things I've ever seen from any restaurant.

I guess I am weird in that I see no problem with it. It's a fine dining establishment - don't dress like a slop going there. It should be common sense, and they would still serve you, but still, be better. Also, in business school, we were taught fine dining etiquette (and having dined with clients, I am grateful for it). As a fine steakhouse, there is a always a bit of pretentiousness (like Peter Luger's Steakhouse only taking cash, unless you sign up for their credit card). But I guess since it is OKC, they are not allowed to do that.

It’s been forever since we’ve been, but we were never impressed with the food when we went. Of the 4-5 local high-end steakhouses we have been to, it easily comes in last for us. On either our 2nd or 3rd visit there, our server was a complete jack*ss and kinda talked down to us.

When Bobs and Ruth’s Chris open up, I don’t see enough demand for that many steakhouses downtown. I think they’re the first to go. Saving grace might be the location, bring in tourists that don’t know about other local options or don’t care to leave BT.

Quote Originally Posted by hfry View Post
    It is dated at the bottom as being from 2016 so it's hard to tell the context.
    KD probably wrote it on his way out of town. /s

Thread Information