Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

1. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

We are getting rain in many areas of the state nearly every day. I'd say we are in Extreme drought...not Exceptional. There are plenty of greens out there. Did NWS lose their travel budget?

Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

It looks like Anthony Weiner is making his appearance in Oklahoma!

Hope it isnt just me, but has anyone else looked at the new graphicast images on the NWS site? they are prettymuch useless if you ask me, I liked the old enhanced webpage graphics they used up untill today. anyone else?

4. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Yeah, they sucks big time. What a complete failure. Venture can do a much better job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    Hope it isnt just me, but has anyone else looked at the new graphicast images on the NWS site? they are prettymuch useless if you ask me, I liked the old enhanced webpage graphics they used up untill today. anyone else?
    There the same images, you just navigate using the tabs instead of using the thumbnails. There's also a radar display that automatically animates and the images are crisper and sharper. I see the "improvements" as putting the IT infrastructure in place to use better graphics in the future.

It was nice that the old enhanced page had preview thumbnails on the right hand side. On the other hand, I often found that those thumbnails didn't display the right thing when you clicked on them.

They don't have any interesting graphics to produce right now lol.

Venture - can you do one of your outlooks, or is it too depressing?

7. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Venture - can you do one of your outlooks, or is it too depressing?
    He's currently in Las Vegas gambling to increase his weather gadgets fund. :-)

8. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It was nice that the old enhanced page had preview thumbnails on the right hand side. On the other hand, I often found that those thumbnails didn't display the right thing when you clicked on them.
    Click on the main graphic in the center and it will take you to a page where the image thumbnails will show on the right side. :-O

I gave it an official F- grade, but upon discovering the right side thumbnails still available, I give it a F+...maybe a D- but they need to make it all appearable on the front.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

I don't think a September thread will be made, so I think we will continue on here.

How does everyone enjoy the latest weather? Did the early morning hours got you feeling ready for Spring? lol

10. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

I honestly can't recall in my entire lifetime a Labor Day like yesterday. Now, 18 years of that was spent in southern Oklahoma, which is hotter than hell pretty much through October most years, but still, 80 on Labor Day? I wish I had been well enough to go out and really enjoy it, but it was lovely opening the windows and letting the fresh smell in.

I may or may not have left windows open in my classrooms today to air out the "sweaty teenager" smell. The early morning hours do not get me ready for spring, they get me ready for fall. I can't wait for 45-55, misty, cloudy, slight-breezy days. The Irish/Scottish in me craves it.
    Still corrupting young minds

11. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't think a September thread will be made, so I think we will continue on here.
    It is up now. :-P

12. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    It is up now. :-P
    And I love you even more.

This has officially been the weirdest summer ever, after one of the strangest winters that set records for snowfall and cold temperatures. Blazing hot and bone dry and then highs in the upper 70's/low 80's and low's in the upper 40's the first week of September. I saw where Tulsa set a new record low at 48 degrees on September 6. I just wonder what else nature is going to throw at us this year.....

14. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

BG918, if you must know...

If we are going to keep up with the trend, I'd say a record-breaking Blizzard on Halloween that should keep us frozen for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, and through the New Year. :-)

15. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    This has officially been the weirdest summer ever, after one of the strangest winters that set records for snowfall and cold temperatures. Blazing hot and bone dry and then highs in the upper 70's/low 80's and low's in the upper 40's the first week of September. I saw where Tulsa set a new record low at 48 degrees on September 6. I just wonder what else nature is going to throw at us this year.....
    If you're going to have one record-breaking season, you might as well have them all in the same year.
    Still corrupting young minds

16. Default Re: Oklahoma Severe Weather Discussion - July & August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    If you're going to have one record-breaking season, you might as well have them all in the same year.
    Don't forget the record-breaking spiders population. :-(

Thread Information