Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

1. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Who cares about the one further East, this thread is about the new Love's planned for I-40 and Choctaw Road.
    So what? I'm letting people know where they can visit Love's until a new one is built. Behave.

Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Quote Originally Posted by plmccordj View Post
    It is going to be a full blown truck stop just like before. Whether or not there is an IHOP in it, we do not know but we do know it is going to be called "Thunder Travel Center" This name is on all four of the building permits that were submitted. All of the permits are still in "review" status and have items listed that need correction before being approved. The dirt moving is probably just clearing the area for when they are approved. The only permit that has been approved so far is the installation of a temporary power pole so they can have electricity. The property lines are the same as before except that the entries are going to have to be moved farther South to comply with the distance requirements from the East bound off-ramp that will be right on the North side of their property. The loop exits are going away and a red light will be placed on both sides of I-40.
    Now that is funny.....almost ironic in a way.................Thunder you catch that?

Well, they were busy for a little while. Looks like it has stalled again. Sure is pretty weather, think i would be building as fast as possible while the weather lasted.

Well, that is disappointing that they stalled again, but maybe there's a reason for it that isn't them just stopping for the sake of it.

Here's to hoping they start up again soon.

depends on materila and workers to continue. Subcontractors arent always available when ya need them. I know that from hard experience.

This is the current status of building permits as of 9/27/2011

08/09/2011
    BLDC-2011-04743
    Building - Commercial
    THUNDER TRAVEL CENTER
    Ready to be Issued

08/09/2011
    BLDC-2011-04742
    Building - Commercial
    THUNDER TRAVEL CENTER
    Ready to be Issued

08/09/2011
    BLDC-2011-04741
    Building - Commercial
    THUNDER TRAVEL CENTER
    In Review

08/09/2011
    BLDC-2011-04740
    Building - Commercial
    THUNDER TRAVEL CENTER
    In Review

06/22/2011
    SWC-2011-00325
    Storm Water Quality - Construction
    ANDERSON TRAVEL CENTER
    Issued 365 Days

06/22/2011
    BLDC-2011-03665
    Building - Commercial
    THUNDER TRAVEL CENTER
    In Review

I just got off the Choctaw Road exit and noticed that two new signs were up. One of them says Coming Soon! Thunder Travel Plaza with a Wendy's sign on it. The other sign says Retail and office space available 1200 square feet. Then I went on to the Oklahoma City permits page and found that all of the permits that were "ready to issue" status now say issued. Pretty cool.

Wendys is okay, i was more impressed with the idea of an IHOP. Never thought the IHOP was going to happen, but was wanting it to. Oh well, I will drown my dissapointment in a frosty someday.

9. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

It was suppose to be Love's with Subway.

Thunder, the Love's and the Thunder Travel Plaza are not the same thing, but as I understand it, both will get built. The Love's may be a while longer before it starts.

I just went out to the Park and Ride and took a couple photos of the signs.

12. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Glad I decided to check in here for the first time in a long time. I will FINALLY have a convenient place to stop for coffee on the way to work again.

Bonus: I'm gonna get three lanes to rock-n-roll down as well.

13. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Glad I decided to check in here for the first time in a long time. I will FINALLY have a convenient place to stop for coffee on the way to work again.

Bonus: I'm gonna get three lanes to rock-n-roll down as well.
    Goodie. You live near me. :-D

14. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

I live out around 29th and Peebly.

The truck stop is finally going up. On my way home from work yesterday, I noticed they had installed the poles that would hold the canopy over the gas pumps. Today I came home from work and saw where they have installed eight poles for the actual building itself.

I went out there and took some more pictures of the truck stop this morning to show you the status...

If you click on the picture, you should be able to go into the whole set and see the rest of them.

17. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

When will you post the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    When will you post the pictures?
    Click on the link. Flickr does not have the .jpg images. I just posted the link and tried to use the image link but did not show up.

Sorry about that.

19. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

All I see are blank. :-(

20. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Here you go...

Thunder Travel Plaza by Paul L McCord Jr, on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by plmccordj View Post

I went out there and took some more pictures of the truck stop this morning to show you the status...

If you click on the picture, you should be able to go into the whole set and see the rest of them.
    Thanks for the pics!

21. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Its cute and named after me. On grand opening day, I will be there for autographs.

Any ideas on when this joint is supposed to open?

This is a pretty big thread on a Love's Truck stop and there isn't even a Loves being built right now. LOL

That is because when this thread was started, construction had not started and we were working on rumor that it was going to be Love's. Once started, we could not change the name. I know the truck stop is paving the parking lot now and installing lights on the canopy over the gas pumps. Three days ago they put up a sign that says Now hiring and has a web site called http://thunderplaza.com.

About a month ago Cox was connecting a line from one of our yards in the neighborhood to run it over to the truck stop so we know they will have cable TV or Internet. The sign says open Spring 2012.

25. Default Re: Love's Travel Plaza at Choctaw Road

Noticed the other day that there is a liquor/wine store included in the building.

Thread Information