Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Enogex to move 400 jobs to dt OKC!

Default Re: Enogex to move 400 jobs to dt OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    hoyasooner, I'm just confused about one thing in your post. Where does I240 have an exit onto Classen? I240 only runs along the south side of OKC. Maybe you're talking about I44?
    Meant I-40. The Crosstown. My bad.

2. Default Re: Enogex to move 400 jobs to dt OKC!

Well see that's the sort of explanation that's helpful rather than just spouting a bunch of rude comments, so thank you ThePlainsman. I wish people in the know on questions would offer up answers more often in comparison to those who just want to start some name calling.

Knowing that bit of info, it seems to make sense. I was under the impression that they were another oil company, not really more of a service provider (pipes and whatnot). So in their case, B2B works....even if their rent is going to be much higher....and hoefully they work out a parking cost structure for their employees.

Why do you assume their rent is going up? Downtown has the lowest rental rates in the metro area.

4. Default Re: Enogex to move 400 jobs to dt OKC!

Um no...that's totally wrong. If you're talking about the Class C space like at FNC, maybe because no one wants it. Class A like at Leadership Square isn't cheap. Now you might find some high rates on Memorial in the new buildings, but suburban space like what they are moving out of...nope.

I'll take you word for it then bombermwc. I don't have access to the new lease or the old lease to know how much they spend on rent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Um no...that's totally wrong. If you're talking about the Class C space like at FNC, maybe because no one wants it. Class A like at Leadership Square isn't cheap. Now you might find some high rates on Memorial in the new buildings, but suburban space like what they are moving out of...nope.
    I've been looking at space for locating a couple of companies, and downtown is in general cheaper than comparable buildings on NW Expressway, Memorial/Kilpatrick, Broadway Ext.. There is also a problem with finding enough contiguous space in Class A or even B buildings in favorable locations.

7. Default Re: Enogex to move 400 jobs to dt OKC!

I have an extra advantage due to living downtown, but even factoring this out the amount of fuel I save on daily errands, making it to meetings, etc., is substantial when compared to working in the 'burbs. If a company does a large amount of their business with downtown firms, I promise you fuel savings offsets monthly parking as an expense.

Thread Information