Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    The place in Moore was not a White Castle.
    Not to argue, but it was. Not a knock-off, not a clone, but a "White Castle."

I went to HS in Moore in the 80's and drove by the place almost every day. It wasn't open for long.

Seems unlikely that there was ever a "real" White Castle in Moore

Why Doesn't White Castle Franchise?

From the companies website, here ae the states they are located:
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    New Jersey
    New York
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee
    Wisconsin

FAQs | White Castle
    2) Why hasn’t White Castle expanded to my area?
    White Castle and all its subsidiaries are privately owned and operated. The company does not franchise or offer stock options, and finances its expansion solely through retained earnings. For these reasons, White Castle expands slowly and tends to operate within the existing Midwest and Northeast regions where all our support facilities (meat plants, bakeries, etc.) are located.
    But it does go on to say that the meat comes from "Florida, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois….Australia or New Zealand" (But all from "100% USDA approved beef"). Not all of the states on the supply list have locations. So who knows. Now if someone has a photo or a news article that definitevely proves that a White Castle existed here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    The place in Moore was not a White Castle. It was a White Castle clone with a different name. I think it was locally owned. White Castle started in Wichita, yet there are no White Castles in Wichita now. Most White Castles are East of the Mississippi River even though they have some in Denver. They are popular in St. Louis also. I think the burgers are ok, but nothing spectacular.

I like In-N-Out Burger too. I would rather eat a local burger like Nic's or an El Reno style onion burger though. I am not going to wait for an hour for an In-N-Out burger. Another California chain I like is Fatburger. Magic Johnson invested in the chain a few years ago and they opened some new locations outside of the west coast. There was one in the Jax Brewery Building in the French Quarter in New Orleans that closed after Hurricane Katrina.

Bigray in Ok
    There are no White Castles here in Denver, Missouri is the closest locations to here.

I noticed that on their website. I think they used to have some in Denver. I think it is interesting that they started in Wichita, yet there are none there now.

Bigray in Ok

Ate there for the second time yesterday and I honestly don't understand what is so great about the place. The employees are nice and they get paid 10.50/hr which is good, but other than that, the fries are (meh) and the hamburgers are hamburgers..... they taste good, but aren't leaving me leaving wishing they had one here, unlike White Castle.

I would love to see them here. none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Ate there for the second time yesterday and I honestly don't understand what is so great about the place. The employees are nice and they get paid 10.50/hr which is good, but other than that, the fries are (meh) and the hamburgers are hamburgers..... they taste good, but aren't leaving me leaving wishing they had one here, unlike White Castle.

I would love to see them here. none the less.
    I like five guys better myself

7. Default Re: In-N-Out

In and Out burger plans on puting a location in OKC any ideas where this will be?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    In and Out burger plans on puting a location in OKC any ideas where this will be?
    I hope this is true but curious where info came from?

Where did u see this?

10. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I hope this is true but curious where info came from?
    someone told me we were getting one I'll ask where he heard it. all i could find was a facebook fan page about getting one here. I hope that wasn't it.

Could be true. My neighbor's beauty operator's second cousin said he had heard the same thing from a Fedex delivery man.

That would be great! If they do build one, you guys can thank me for sending them an email a few months ago

That would be great! If they do build one, you guys can thank me for sending them an email a few months ago
    We'll put a plaque on the wall in your honor.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    We'll put a plaque on the wall in your honor.
    I sent Pappadeaux an email just 2 weeks or something like that before they officially announced an OKC location

I sent Pappadeaux an email just 2 weeks or something like that before they officially announced an OKC location

Wow you have some serious power if they got location and plans done in just two week!.

See that's what I'm saying. I just have a way with the restaurants

See that's what I'm saying. I just have a way with the restaurants
    How about a Frickers or Quaker Steak and Lube? Come on man work your magic.

PluPan,
    But I should win the prize because a friend of mine that is "in the know" guaranteed that an In-N-Out place was opening in Okc three years ago and I posted it on Okctalk. Now, ain't I the smart one?
    C. T.
    p.s. My friend never would explain why he was so sure, and I was too embarrassed to post anything else about it.

In-n-out is currently building two restaurants in San Antonio and from what I've heard and read, In-n-Out's next market will be Houston.

Thread Information