Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out

Default Re: In-N-Out

Wasn't "In N Out Burgers" part of a joke in "The Big Lebowski" . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Smashburger burgers are on par with 5 Guys but their fries are not near as good
    Smashburger's fries are a lot better than 5 Guys' fries. I would actually go there and just order the fries. Not so with 5 Guys.

I love 5 Guys fries, especially the Cajun fries. Didn't really care for Smashburgers fries.

4. Default Re: In-N-Out

The first time I went to Smashburger, I got the fries with rosemary & garlic. They weren't bad, but I wasn't particularly impressed with them. The extra flavor just seemed a little out of place. The next time, I got the plain fries. They were... well, fries. Not the best I've ever had, but certainly not the worst.

Five Guys Fries-98; Smashburger Fries-1. That's what I'm seeing atleast.

In that case, make it another vote for 5 guys from me, I like it much better

Finally tried In-N-Out yesterday. Ordered a Double-Double with onions and a vanilla shake. I forgot to order it animal style and I also skipped the fries. The diameter an In-N-Out burger is not too big. It is kind of like the diameter of a McDonald's cheeseburger. The Double-Double is close to 3 inches thick. You can definitely taste the quality of the ingredients which is very good. The onions were definitely fresh because I had "onion breath" after eating it. The vanilla shake was the same size as a small drink. The shakes are served in a green colored cup and drinks are served in a red colored cup. The vanilla shake was super thick, heavy on the ice cream and light on the milk (if there was any at all). My brother had a hamburger "protein style" which is the way to go if you are dieting. One bit of trivia that I did not know about is that In-N-Out will hide bible scripture chapter and verses on their paper products. They can get away with this because In-N-Out is still a privately held company. I'll keep a prayer vigil going that OKC will be lucky enough to land a In-N-Out restaurant some day.

I remain optimistic!!!

That slow growth, a hallmark of the company's operations since the beginning, is a side-effect of its commitment to serve only high-quality, fresh food. Buns are baked fresh daily, lettuce is hand-leafed, whole Kennebec potatoes are sliced in-store, and the 100 percent American chuck beef is free of any additives or preservatives. Since In-N-Out restaurants do not have any freezers or microwaves, every new location must be within a short distance of its Baldwin Park or Dallas distribution facilities.

In-N-Out has long held a reputation as an attractive place to work. And that starts with salaries.
    New hires earn $10 an hour, and the company prefers to promote from within for management positions.
    In 2012, In-N-Out store managers made more than $120,000 on average. By comparison, the median pay for food service managers across restaurants nationwide is around $48,000 per year, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

OKC is within the distribution distance

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Smashburger's fries are a lot better than 5 Guys' fries. I would actually go there and just order the fries. Not so with 5 Guys.
    guru, you are a good poster... I've known you for a long time on the boards... So, I say this with all due respect...

I don't know any person that has a functioning brain can say that 5 Guys fries are anything but awesome on top of awesome. This is an epic fail on your part.

Hey, don't get pissy... I said "with all due respect" first. lol

I opened this thread, my heart racing, thinking In-N-Out was expanding into OKC.

I went to Las Vegas last summer and my brother took me to In N Out for the first time and I tried their hamburger and I thought it was going to be a decent hamburger but boy was I wrong! It was so damn good! I also tried the fries but their fries are terrible!

Please bring it to In N Out to Oklahoma so I can chomp into that delicious juicy burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I opened this thread, my heart racing, thinking In-N-Out was expanding into OKC.
    . . .thus my fridge-opening GIF. I'll post it again just because I love it.

To bump this thread after all this time, with no news of an OKC expansion, is just cruel.

I don't know if I care that much. I love our local options. Give me the S&B Columbian, the onion cheeseburger at Tuckers, the prime rib sliders at the Deep Deuce Grill, the patty melt at McNellies or several other options and I'm happy. And, as far as I'm concerned, there are no better fries than those at Tuckers.

We get it. Local options are always the best. Always. But wouldn't a regional chain like this be nice for the heathens who just want something different from the McDonald's and the Sonics of the world? Does it always have to be a one-or-the-other type of deal, or can they all coexist peacefully?

18. Default Re: In-N-Out

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    I don't know any person that has a functioning brain can say that 5 Guys fries are anything but awesome on top of awesome.
    Must be something really wrong with my brain because I would rather eat a McDonalds fry than 5 Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    . . .thus my fridge-opening GIF. I'll post it again just because I love it.

To bump this thread after all this time, with no news of an OKC expansion, is just cruel.
    I saw that & it describes my reaction perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We get it. Local options are always the best. Always. But wouldn't a regional chain like this be nice for the heathens who just want something different from the McDonald's and the Sonics of the world? Does it always have to be a one-or-the-other type of deal, or can they all coexist peacefully?
    Probably. I just don't think any other these chains are worthy of the reaction. I've eaten an In-N-Out and while it's a nice burger, I prefer the ones I listed above. Why not get excited about what we have locally? Now, I will be excited if we get a Restoration Hardware, because there's nothing here in OKC like it. But, when there are great burgers in local restaurants, my blood pressure doesn't rise at the thought of something new that I consider no better or different.

Betts is just stating how she reacts & feels to the thought of national chains coming to OKC. She's not saying no one should be excited, she just doesn't personally get excited at the thought of In-N-Out or any other national burger place coming to OK City.

I personally am wanting them to open up here, but I also enjoy the local stuff just like betts. I'll eat at both & not really think twice about it. That's just me.

(I don't know you personally betts, so if you're not a "she", please forgive me. I just seem to remember others referring to you as "she".)

I'm a she, and you're right. If other people get excited about it, that's fine with me. I just like to point out our local options from time to time, as I am usually happiest with them. I think chains usually lose something in translation from their first few stores. Although, I'm rooting for my nephew's cookie store, Schmackary's in NYC, to become a chain so I can enjoy his cookies more often then a few times a year. Cookies don't taste as good if they're shipped.

Our local places are very good & it wouldn't make a difference to me if another chain opened up here or not? It's just nice to have options I suppose.

There's no doubt in my mind they'll locate here in OKC, I just don't know how soon.

24. Default Re: In-N-Out

I personally thought the In-N-Out burger I had in California was similar to a Sonic burger so I'm not going to get excited about In-N-Out.

Like Betts I prefer our local options with Nic's Grill at the top of my list.

However a chain I would get excited to see here, and I know people really have a love/hate relationship with them, is a White Castle.

Wheneve I fly to Michigan to visit friends I have there. They meet me at the airport with a Crave Case. Now that's some serious friendship there!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I personally thought the In-N-Out burger I had in California was similar to a Sonic burger so I'm not going to get excited about In-N-Out.
    I was working out in California (Central Valley) out of Sacramento, the others that I was working out there with (locals) kept telling me about this new burger place in Modesto they loved. We turn the corner and it was a Sonic....I busted out laughing. I told them they were as common in OKC as Subway stores and my sister had worked at one when she was in high school (the old 23rd & Council location) so they weren't anything real special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    However a chain I would get excited to see here, and I know people really have a love/hate relationship with them, is a White Castle.
    Tried it twice, once in 1976 in Memphis and once in 2003 in Illinois...no need to eat there again.

Thread Information