Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425

Thread: Time to expand Oklahoma Memorial Stadium?

Default Re: Time to expand Oklahoma Memorial Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by hfry View Post
    That's all correct but they put it into phases so this phase 1 is just the south end zone/weight room/locker room and such. And new score board.
    I knew that part, I was just talking overall. Phase one is south, phase two is west. The tear downs and rebuilds will happen in the off season and work will continue on through the season.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/546...rlyAccess=true

Never mind, proceed as planned.

A Kansas steel manufacturer has dismissed his lawsuit against the University of Oklahoma, construction project manager Flintco Inc and W&W Steel, paving the way for construction to continue without a break in the expansion of Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

Attorneys would not comment Wednesday on whether an out of court settlement between the sides had been reached.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Amazed this didn't get more play. I read through some of the later filings in this case, and it's clear a settlement was reached. Terms of the settlement weren't and probably never will be disclosed, so all the other stuff about injunctions and appeals and later rulings are no longer relevant. Issue is dead/done. If I were guessing, I'd suspect HME was offered some portion of one of the other projects OU has going right now, something like that. Pure speculation, of course.

There was some really nasty infighting about counsel that we never really heard about, too, just before HME withdrew/dismissed their suit. Allegations of a conflict working back to some bad blood between W&W's legal counsel and the lead for a team of their former law firm from about five years ago. All moot now.

Good, time to put that to bed and move along.
    Can't wait to see this stadium come along and finish out.

I thought I previously saw someone post a link to the camera pointing at the stadium but I can't find the link.
    It was hosted by the OU IT Department.. Can anyone find it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I thought I previously saw someone post a link to the camera pointing at the stadium but I can't find the link.
    It was hosted by the OU IT Department.. Can anyone find it?
    Live Stadium Construction Cam | Gaylord Family ? Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

HangryHippo Guest

Holy cow, I just watched them at 5:25 pm pull the scoreboard down!

For those who didn't happen to be watching the cam at the time the scoreboard came down.

VIDEO: Say goodbye to the old OU football scoreboard | NewsOK.com

Friend of mine posted this photo today on Facebook:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OU Stadium Construction.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	12121

Has anyone seen the NEW scoreboard yet?

Got our renewal letter for season tickets last week or whenever it was, and was odd at first to see the stadium completely bowled in. Took me a second to realize why it looked different. Anyways, I can't wait to see the first game with the South endzone closed off.

They are really blowing and going:

These are from a few weeks ago but shows the two residential colleges well under construction on the south side of Lindsey:

HangryHippo Guest

And they're well ahead of those pictures now. It's really shaping up and looks incredible.

This really does look fantastic. But I didn't know they were building South of Lindsey. Where will all the tailgaters go now?

16. Default Re: Time to expand Oklahoma Memorial Stadium?

Man, that looks surreal.

That picture posted above is the one provided by the still camera mounted on Headington Hall, and has been stuck on that image for *at least* a week if not longer. They've actually started putting up steel studs and sheathing along the bottom to start the process of enclosing at least the SE portion of the structure. Brick is starting to go up on some of the interior. *Almost* all of the skeletal structure in the SW corner is in place. This week, a portion of the structural shell that will hold the SuperUberNewMegaUltraVideoScoreboardOfDoom (SUNMUVSOD ) was supposed to go up, but one of the cranes appears to have cratered and may be pending replacement parts, so that part hasn't happened. The scoreboard shell was supposed to be (substantially) completed this month, so I think they're just a bit behind in that regard.

Approximately two sections of the SW corner have been filled in with precast concrete beams for seating, and there appears to be only a small amount of superstructure remaining before they put in the diagonals that will host the beams for the rest of the corner. Seems to me that could go in just about any time they wanted. There's still some concrete work underway on the SW corner that's waaay out of camera range.

Also, this week, I think even under the best of circumstances, the W I N D has probably limited what they can do even with working cranes....

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    This really does look fantastic. But I didn't know they were building South of Lindsey. Where will all the tailgaters go now?
    The front yard of President's House on Boyd.

Everyone, bow your heads in respect as our beloved Memorial Stadium enters adult hood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    Everyone, bow your heads in respect as our beloved Memorial Stadium enters adult hood.
    You can say that again TU' cane. We just left the 'status quo' stage.

Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium truly will have class. OU didn't Frankenstein (throw together) this stadium; its design blends the old with the new. There's more to come...

The stadium plan looks sleek.

Took these today just after practice... That video screen is going to be *huge*; will basically be the full length of that center structure.

Guys, here is a link to an album of about 200 pics I took yesterday in and around the stadium...lots of internals and exterior pics esp. of the SW corner. Thought you'd like them.

Stadium Update 1-APR-2016 - Album on Imgur

23. Default Re: Time to expand Oklahoma Memorial Stadium?

Thread Information