Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independence Day!

1. Exclamation Independence Day!

What is everyone planning to do? Annual traditions?

For me, its an annual tradition to take mom to the OKC Zoo (except for last year partially broken when taking her early on Mother's Day). We are for sure going this year and it will be hot, hot, hot! I have not decided to rent her a regular wheelchair for $5 or the electrical scooter for $20. Last year, I rented the regular wheelchair and pushed her around. It'd be nice if both of us enjoy the electrical scooter, but that will be $40.

After that, I will make sure mom come with me to Bricktown for the shocking, mind-blowing, sensational fireworks! I know exactly where to park (for $5) with front row access (to see the cones mounted on trailers).

So, it will be the day to enjoy pictures and videos with my brand new Samsung Epic (#1 Android Smartphone available only at Sprint). The quality is far superior to my Samsung Exclaim phone (recently put it to peace - yes, still works). And I'll record the fireworks! Yay! :-D

Okay... So... What is your plan?

2. Default Re: Independence Day!

This is last year, so posting them here for everyone to enjoy. In two parts, you can skip to Part 2 and fast-forward (nearly 9:00) to the ending with insane fireworks (don't forget to crank up the volume).

Videoed with Samsung Exclaim. Next will be the EPIC! Cuz, OKC is so EPIC!!!

Default Re: Independence Day!

GREAT videos..thanks for sharing them!

I will be in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    I will be in Germany.
    Obersalzberg?

MadMonk Guest

Going to Mustang. Great fun to be had with fireworks there.

Duck Creek at Grand Lake. Best fireworks show in the state.

No fireworks down here in the Austin area this year because of the drought. Pretty much all of the displays were cancelled a few weeks ago.

I'll be in Nebraska playing golf with my brother and visiting old friends.

my wife and kids will be going to my parents house , they live right behind buck thomas park, their front yard is perfect viewing of the firework show!

Duck Creek at Grand Lake.

Family pool party in the day and fireworks show at UCO in Edmond that night.

I have no plans and I'm ever so hopeful it stays just that way.

If I'm not with my friends blowing stuff up, I'm usually at Liberty Fest in Edmond.

Croquet in the afternoon, then a light supper with the Van Aldens...

My dad passed away on July 4th, 1971, me, my brother, sister, and our familes always get together to celebrate Independance Day and remember Dad. I was 11, my sister was 14 and my brother was 7, it will be 40 years ago on the 4th, but some days, it still seems like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    No fireworks down here in the Austin area this year because of the drought. Pretty much all of the displays were cancelled a few weeks ago.
    There are a bunch of burn bans in Oklahoma now. Pretty much anywhere west of I-35.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    There are a bunch of burn bans in Oklahoma now. Pretty much anywhere west of I-35.
    I've already heard news reports that this basically won't affect fireworks displays. State official have said that will be left up to individual cities.

19. Default Re: Independence Day!

Yeah, it may affect people shooting fireworks, but there will be a lot of them still doing it on private properties. The cities have the luxury of fire trucks, etc...on standby for official displays.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I've already heard news reports that this basically won't affect fireworks displays. State official have said that will be left up to individual cities.
    The metro is much better off than the further west you go, so probably will not affect fireworks in our area, but I heard at least a couple out west of Clinton decided to delay their fireworks till fall.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    My dad passed away on July 4th, 1971, me, my brother, sister, and our familes always get together to celebrate Independance Day and remember Dad. I was 11, my sister was 14 and my brother was 7, it will be 40 years ago on the 4th, but some days, it still seems like it was yesterday.
    I'll bet. You've managed to make a nice tradition building happy memories to replace sad ones.

Our anniversary is the 4th (it was a PERFECT choice - you always have the day off and no matter what, there are fireworks). We generally celebrate by lunch at a nice place and it's quiet because everyone is off enjoying the sun. The dogs freak out over the loud noises which is a great excuse for us to stay home at night. We can see fireworks off in the distance if we squint. Party animals, that's us.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Obersalzberg?
    Of course

Will there be fireworks downtown on the 3rd and the 4th? I swear I saw on the calendar that is was only the 3rd because I remember thinking that was odd.
    Also does anyone have any tips of the best place to park to watch the fireworks and about how early we would need to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Obersalzberg?
    Obersalzberg = one of Hitlers old vacation areas.

Thread Information