Widgets Magazine

Thread: Jazz in June

Default Jazz in June

Is Jazz in June still cooler friendly?

Default Re: Jazz in June

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    Is Jazz in June still cooler friendly?
    I have not heard anything to the contrary, and I live in Norman. Looking forward to the Blues on Thursday while sipping a Summer Ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I have not heard anything to the contrary, and I live in Norman. Looking forward to the Blues on Thursday while sipping a Summer Ale.
    Cooler unfriendly is why I dont go to the Bricktown Blues Festival...

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    Cooler unfriendly is why I dont go to the Bricktown Blues Festival...
    No admission charge either. It's about the music and providing the crowd with a good time, not about being held hostage by "authorized vendors". Yet still providing the crowd with a vendor if they so choose. Freedom.

There are vendors, but I canna find anything to suggest coolers are unwelcome.

Remember back in the day when you could take a cooler to the Zoo concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    There are vendors, but I canna find anything to suggest coolers are unwelcome.
    Coolers are welcome, I always take more beverage than I need and share with people around me, excellant way to enjoy great music and meet new people.

If you can make to Andrews Park on Saturday evening, I think you'll be impressed with the Norman High Jazz Ensemble, very talented group of teenagers, especially the drummer and lead singer, she's someone that has the talent to make it big in the music field.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    ... impressed with the Norman High Jazz Ensemble, very talented group of teenagers, ...
    I've had three kiddos go through North. Their music programs, at all levels, are very excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I've had three kiddos go through North. Their music programs, at all levels, are very excellent.
    My sons just completed his junior year at North.
    Your correct, both Norman High Schools have excellent music programs, were your kids in choir with Mr. G. If so, I may have driven them to some of their concerts, I drive a motor coach for NPS, this year alone I took the choir to Dallas twice, Tulsa 3--4 times and St. Louis for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    My sons just completed his junior year at North.
    Your correct, both Norman High Schools have excellent music programs, were your kids in choir with Mr. G. If so, I may have driven them to some of their concerts, I drive a motor coach for NPS, this year alone I took the choir to Dallas twice, Tulsa 3--4 times and St. Louis for competition.
    My eldest, my daughter, did her four years with Mr. G, ending in 2004. An interesting chap to be certain. I tagged along on their trip to Nawlins in 01 but the rest of the time I was but a proud poppa in the audience.

My youngest was in orchestra from 5th forward and enjoyed the summer program at Quartz one year. However, both he and his brother confined their singing to church and shower.

Thread Information