Widgets Magazine
Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132177178179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5406

Thread: Convention Center

Default Re: Convention Center

^

Yes, so strange how photos never can fully capture something like this.

It's pretty amazing to see all the cranes in person and to stand down there and marvel at the scale of the park, convention center and Omni.

I know I can be hard on our civic leaders (I believe it's my duty to be a skeptic because no one else in the media even comes close) but I have to say this entire area is coming together because of very strong leadership and vision.

Cathy O'Connor deserves immense credit for executing the plan through methodical property acquisition and creative funding for the Omni, the garage and even the underlying property.

I will also say I'm absolutely thrilled the convention center landed at its current site as opposed to the misguided and over-reaching effort to force it onto the REHCO land between the Myriad Gardens and Scissortail Park. That is the flip side of too few people with too much power and influence trying to force something that was a bad idea from the start and IMO not in the long-term best interest of the city as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Yes, so strange how photos never can fully capture something like this.

It's pretty amazing to see all the cranes in person and to stand down there and marvel at the scale of the park, convention center and Omni.

I know I can be hard on our civic leaders (I believe it's my duty to be a skeptic because no one else in the media even comes close) but I have to say this entire area is coming together because of very strong leadership and vision.

Cathy O'Connor deserves immense credit for executing the plan through methodical property acquisition and creative funding for the Omni, the garage and even the underlying property.

I will also say I'm absolutely thrilled the convention center landed at its current site as opposed to the misguided and over-reaching effort to force it onto the REHCO land between the Myriad Gardens and Scissortail Park. That is the flip side of too few people with too much power and influence trying to force something that was a bad idea from the start and IMO not in the long-term best interest of the city as a whole.
    Don’t be too much of a skeptic though. There’s a fine line between making sure the city has thought it through, and outright opposition that starts to derail projects and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ...or the Alamo ;-)
    Rumor has it they keep bikes there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FBC44D6-AA60-41F8-AC97-101E7A07C307.jpeg 
Views:	346 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	15064

Blog Entries

^
    Isn’t the actual site where it is now the site that was ORIGINALLY conceived when first presented as part of maps. Seems like it was roundly criticized on here. We sure have come full circle.

So, weird question time. Does anyone know if anyone has given thought to the water fountains? I know, I know, it's something to which most of the time people pay no mind. But we're building from the ground up, how much difference cost-wise would it be to use the regular old-fashioned 'bubbler' vs the newer, larger kind that can fill a water bottle, and the water is filtered?

Blog Entries

There will be a lot of pictures in this area. A truly iconic fountain would go right along with all the skydance pics, etc.

9. Default Re: Convention Center

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    There will be a lot of pictures in this area. A truly iconic fountain would go right along with all the skydance pics, etc.
    While I have no problem with adding art, I meant drinking.

I'm hoping we have Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41lcLvlrIaL.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	15107 instead of Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water-fountain-istock-gerenme.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	15108

Blog Entries

bahahaha... oops...

I agree with you that that should be a thing. Surely scissortail will have plenty. I'll have an audience with Ms Heffernan in March and will try to make a point to ask.

More steel going up.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    Bump
    Why?

Here's a photo from last Sunday:

Here's a photo from last Sunday:

Is the Convention Center building going to take up the the other two parcels to the left of the already framed and concreted portion? If so it will be huge

^

The far east section is for the loading docks.

^

The far east section is for the loading docks.
    Makes sense, thank you

Went Downtown for the first time in a while and it’s insane how much is Happening in this area. Construction Cranes everywhere.

24. Default Re: Convention Center

Great pic, but to grasp the scale you really have to see it in person.

when may we start to see the Omni hotel go up?

Thread Information