Widgets Magazine
Page 199 of 217 FirstFirst ... 99149194195196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5406

Thread: Convention Center

1. Default Re: Convention Center

Since there are very few of them around anymore, l propose the erection of one of those old-time oil derricks in that area just as artwork. It could have lights outlining it at night.

Default Re: Convention Center

Is construction continuing or have their been halts?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Is construction continuing or have their been halts?
    They were working today.

I haven't noticed any of the construction projects stopping.

Starting to look really sharp:

Have you changed a setting on your camera...the sky in your pictures of the last several days has really stood out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Starting to look really sharp:

Wow what a fantastic transformation of this area! Simply awesome.

FYI, the city needs to use your picture in ads or brochures. What a great view

Blog Entries

It will be great when the trees are fuller and the park is full of people again.

9. Default Re: Convention Center

Is the air more clear because we aren't driving?

HangryHippo Guest

Mug - yes. It’s happening the world over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Mug - yes. It’s happening the world over.
    Wait... that can’t be true. We know man doesn’t contribute to environmental problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9705.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	15943

This structure is much more impressive than I had imagined. Such a big presence from the park and when the light features are installed, it's going to be stunning.

Totally agree Pete! What do you know about the two vacant surface parking lots across from ST park. Development of those two spaces would enhance the density and vibrancy of the entire area.

I honestly super love that our new facility has such a big park frontage, it is pretty unique among the dozen or so Convention Centers I have been to. I foresee a lot of spillover park usage from con attendees on breaks between sessions and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I honestly super love that our new facility has such a big park frontage, it is pretty unique among the dozen or so Convention Centers I have been to. I foresee a lot of spillover park usage from con attendees on breaks between sessions and the like.
    Yep, every time I see it I think of someone from Anywhere, USA coming to Oklahoma for the first time to attend a convention, and how impressive this whole area will look.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Totally agree Pete! What do you know about the two vacant surface parking lots across from ST park. Development of those two spaces would enhance the density and vibrancy of the entire area.
    Are you talking about the REHCO property between Scissortail and the Myriad Gardens? If so, those are owned by Midtown Renaissance.

You have to wonder about future bookings/conventions at the Convention Center. If we're seeing a trend through this virus to work from home, avoiding large gatherings, etc. could we see a major decrease in convention bookings? Yikes? Or not so much?

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    You have to wonder about future bookings/conventions at the Convention Center. If we're seeing a trend through this virus to work from home, avoiding large gatherings, etc. could we see a major decrease in convention bookings? Yikes? Or not so much?
    see, my experience is the opposite. when i worked at a job that was mostly remote, they encouraged me to go to more conventions, because that is where i met my fellow peers and even some co-workers. they seemed much more apt to the idea of going to conventions and conferences regularly, as opposed to my experience where i worked in office all the time, and conferences and conventions were not as common for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Yes, I do think (just my guess) this is going to result in some permanent downturn. I attend a lot of conferences and many of the organizations are experimenting with online conferences this year. I don't think there's any doubt that we'll see a few stick with online conferences who have been financially harmed and some will likely introduce hybrid conferences allowing more people (e.g., parents of young children, graduate students with limited funds) to participate online. Most organizations I work with hadn't seriously tried doing anything online before, but now they're introduced to the possibilities. For example, online conferences allows organizations to potentially move from one conference a year to mini-conferences online throughout the year... which has advantages. And, honestly, while I think there are benefits to in-person conferences it's sometimes hard to justify the trade-off for some participants. I love to go to conferences because I'm very social, but I know others who are in and out of town as quickly as possible... those people would love an online option. I think some of the online conferences will stick.

Great shot Pete. Really demonstrates the scale of this structure

23. Default Re: Convention Center

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Is the air more clear because we aren't driving?
    I'm over 60. I haven't left my basement for a month.

In the last photo you can see they have started to build the big surface lot to the south of the center.

Wow Pete, those photos are beautiful. They really capture the synergy there will be between the park, the hotel and the convention center.

Thread Information