Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best place for crab, crawfish, and shrimp?

Default Best place for crab, crawfish, and shrimp?

My little girl is turning 7 and she wants to go out to a fun place that has crab ( i know i got a soon to be expensinve teenager in the making). Is their any place that has a fun atmosphere, I know of joes crab shack, but is there any other places out in the okc area that you all would recommend. I live in moore, so hopefully south okc to norman area? I dont mind driving to the north side since this is for a special day

Default Re: Best place for crab, crawfish, and shrimp?

The Shack on 63rd, east of Western. I don't know the exact address, but the food is really good. Also, I'm not sure if they have crab legs, if that's what you want, but I know they have crab cakes and other crab items.

she likes crab legs, shirmp and crawfish, so it has to have those items lol.. To bad homeland doesnt have them stemmed and everything for you anymore, it would make it so much easier to just have a party at home with crab legs.. I personally do not know how to cook them and i do not want to ruin the meal

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    My little girl is turning 7 and she wants to go out to a fun place that has crab ( i know i got a soon to be expensinve teenager in the making)
    If you think crab's expensive, just wait'll she gets a taste for lobster! Hoo-boy!

I would check the following site - http://www.funfresh.com/pearls-oyster-bar. It is the web page for a group of restaurants here in the OKC area. It has menus for all of there restaurants. Pearl's Oyster bar, Pearl's Crabtown, Pearls Fish House, and Trapper's Fishcamp and Grill. I haven't been recently but check the menus of each one because I believe they are all different.
    C. T.

Pearl's Crabtown in bricktown. Cajun crab boil where they dump everything on paper covering your table and tell you to get after it. I don't like crab legs, but the lovely does. Likewise, she doesn't care for the sausage.
    We get along real fine we does.

With a piece of string...with a bit of bacon tied on the end...you could get quite a lot of craw-dads in the bar ditches beside the roads in the North-Base area of Norman back in the day. Not too sure about nawadays...

Dan McGuinness has all you can eat crab legs for $24.99 Wednesdays 6:30-10pm. The Moore location has a non smoking section and a kids menu. http://www.danmcguinnesspub.com/moore/

Other than that I'd have to say Crab Town or The Shack on 63rd.

Bourbon Street is quite good. The last time I ate there the food was actually very good.

omg i live right by dan mcginess, i neve been there because i though it was more a of a irish pub serving irish food, hmmm i might have to take a look inside now

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    omg i live right by dan mcginess, i neve been there because i though it was more a of a irish pub serving irish food, hmmm i might have to take a look inside now
    I'm honestly not trying to promote the company that I work for on here or but since I personally take the pictures and add the content to this site for any restaurant in Oklahoma I thought you might be able to get to know Dan's better. www.rapidrewardsdining.com do a search of OKC and check Dan's out. Bourbon St. is on here too but I don't know if they do boiled crawfish.

For my money, it's The Shack. Awesome food.

I had their lobster bisque during the winter and it was amazing. The Shack is a great restaurant all around.

Not knocking The Shack, but is it head and shoulders above the others, keeping in mind we were talking about a place to make a seven year old happy?

I think my 7 year old will like a a theme like how some joes crab shacks do. I rally wish molly murphys was still around, my little girl is acting like she is to old for chucky cheese lol, I never been to the crab shack, i looked at some pics, i think she will get a kick out of pouring the food on the table...

MadMonk Guest

Took my kids (11 and 9) to Joe's Crab Shack this past weekend. They loved it. My little one can tear a crab to shreds!

Thread Information