Widgets Magazine

Thread: Jewelry Repair/Cleaning

Default Jewelry Repair/Cleaning

Can anyone recommend a jewelry repair/cleaning shop? I have a Tiffany bracelet that needs its clasp repaired, and it needs to be cleaned. I also have a charm bracelet that my mom gave me years ago that needs to have about 25 charms soldered onto it so I can be a good daughter and wear it around her.

A few years ago, I walked into a jewelry repair shop and asked them if they could repair a cool but relatively cheap watch and solder my charms on the bracelet, and they laughed me out of the store, acting as though they were too ritzy a shop to be messing with my silly jewelry needs. So that has stopped me from trying anywhere else :/

2. Default Re: Jewelry Repair/Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkTransplant View Post
    Can anyone recommend a jewelry repair/cleaning shop? I have a Tiffany bracelet that needs its clasp repaired, and it needs to be cleaned. I also have a charm bracelet that my mom gave me years ago that needs to have about 25 charms soldered onto it so I can be a good daughter and wear it around her.

A few years ago, I walked into a jewelry repair shop and asked them if they could repair a cool but relatively cheap watch and solder my charms on the bracelet, and they laughed me out of the store, acting as though they were too ritzy a shop to be messing with my silly jewelry needs. So that has stopped me from trying anywhere else :/
    BC Clark.....No question. Without hesitation. Those people who do the repair have been there for years. They know what they're doing and they're honest.
    http://www.bcclark.com/service
    And no job is too small - they treat you with respect.

Default Re: Jewelry Repair/Cleaning

Never ever use Diamond Dee-Lite in Moore. They will skim gold off your jewelry. My Dad took his wedding ring in to have a diamond reset & they took and kept an excessive amount of gold from the inside of the ring.

I've had work done at Michner-Farrand (May and Wilshire) and was very pleased.

Rafael's Le Art which is located just off of N May Ave. and Grand Blvd. Rafael is a master jeweler who has years of experience and has done repair work for other jewelry retailers. Rafael also does custom work too.

Thank you all for your help!

Thread Information