Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Italian

1. Default New Italian

Anyone been to either of the two new Italian places in the Mid-Del area?

The old King-Wah on Air Depot is now Napoli's or something like that. And yes the place still looks like Circus Burger from the outside...lol.

The other one is at Reno and Sooner near Chelino's. I don't remember the name of it.

I'm just curious if anyone has been there to review them.

Default Re: New Italian

I've been to both, Very similar in price and portion size. Napolis is OK - I had the veal and the marinara sauce was very thin and the cheese was melted so much that it looked like a soup on top, the spaghetti was good and the bread is excellent, I prefer Venezia though - I've had the veal, spaghetti and meatballs and pizza. Nice thick marinara sauce, the veal was prepared excellently and the pizzas are huge. I'm glad that the we have both of them here. Primos is just terrible on all accounts.

Venezia was Terrible, would not feed it to my dogs, they cant cant bread, if you like being constipated get the lasange, more chesse than anything else. Sorry i wasted my money.

Venezia was great.................poster above just doesnt know genuine Italian.lol................
    Wife liked the Lasanga, and also the fettuchine alfreado,

Do either have a website?
    Are either open on Saturdays, say 4ish for late lunch or early dinner?

Yes on the websites, check urbanspoon They are open on the weekends

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Do either have a website?
    Are either open on Saturdays, say 4ish for late lunch or early dinner?
    The Venzias was ope at 6pm lst night and they had a good crowd.................

http://http://www.venezia-restaurant.com/About-Us.html

here ya go......their web says open from 11 am to 10 pm

They also do take out. Given the utter lack of a decent sub shop in the area, this is very welcome. I had the meatball, my wife had the chicken parm, and we got a cheesesteak (with marinara) for leftovers. Turned out the subs were so huge that we only ate about a quarter of each. So...one dinner for two, one midnight snack for me, two lunches for me, great subs, and all for like $19. May become a regular quick dinner for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    http://http://www.venezia-restaurant.com/About-Us.html

here ya go......their web says open from 11 am to 10 pm
    editing the link to work:
    http://www.venezia-restaurant.com/

Lunch Specials (Served with Fresh Baked Rolls and a Tossed Salad)
    Monday-Saturday 11am-4pm

I like how they think, especially on their hours for lunch specials. I prefer not to go eat during the often crowded 11:30-1:00 period. This later in the day opportunity looks great, and a leisurely late Saturday lunch is possible as well.

Now, if only they were in Norman. Oh well, Can't have everything all at once I suppose.

Tried them again last night, I go tthe claazone and it was great.........

Got a pizza to-go from Venezia. It was really good, but we put it in the oven for 10 more minutes at 400. I think they pulled it out too soon.

14. Default Re: New Italian

not impressed with either.

Bostonfan - if you're from the East Coast originally, I can see why you'd not be impressed with Okie Eye-talian! Enchailadas in Philly are pretty bad too. It's funny how traveling has broadened my food horizons as much as it tends to broaden physical body parts. The differences are vast from coast to coast.

16. Default Re: New Italian

True.............. There was little flavor in both places. I may go back occasionally for a quick meal to either place as they weren't bad, just not that good either. Also, I like to give new places more than just one shot.

I had takeout from Venezia for dinner. Chicken Parm sub. So good.

I saw a new place on 23rd street in Nicoma Park, The Vine Italian Cafe. I think that is what it was called anyway. Anyone heard about it or know anything about it?

Must be outstanding, no one has gone yet. Guess I will give it a try, dang I hate a bad experience. We will see how it goes.

ate there tonight......dang it was good

Sounds good. I still havent made it there yet, but will try soon.

I ate at Napoli, and found it to be terrible, on all counts. The bread was just slathered in butter and canned parm, the pasta was over cooked, sauce was flavorless and there was too much cheese on everything. It was really the worst Italian food I have had in recent memory. I will NEVER eat it again. I can not speak for Venezia. But if you're tempted to eat at Napoli, thinking it might be a good mom and pop inexpensive Italian meal, drive the extra 15 minutes and go to Bela Vista.

Saw the folks at Napoli on the local fox station this morning, it really didnt make me want to go there. The person that was on looked like she just rolled out of bed and honestly didnt seem to know the dishes she was describing. I wasnt impressed.

Still havent gone to Venezia yet, but they did cator a dinner that I went to this weekend. The food was excellent for being delivered and having sat out for awhile. The house dressing was excellent and I had manicotti and lasagna both. Not normally something I would have ordered, but very good none the less. Will certainly be visiting the actual location based on the catered meal I had.

Thread Information