Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Another big finish for 2012 is the Colcord...

Extensive and expensive renovations for a brand new lobby restaurant with adjoining patio and park plus a 3-story addition containing meeting rooms that will link it to the Devon Tower.

Also hope the cafe in the Myriad Gardens will find a solid operator.

The Hart Building conversion in Film Row will really bring that area along (lots of office space with some retail) and good progress should be made on the Tower Theater, as the 23rd street corridor starts to hit it's stride.

2. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Great summary by Steve.

Some things not mentioned: The completion of the CHK Arena expansion, the renovation of the Braniff Building, tenants in the Dowell Center and the new boulevard.

Of course, LEVEL will be completed in 2012 as will the Aloft hotel. The Packard/Guardian project should be wrapped up as well as 1212 N Walker along with several other smaller projects in Midtown.

Projects likely to commence in 2012: House of Bedlam in Bricktown, Pitman hotel project in Bricktown, Bradshaw apartments in Deep Deuce, The Edge in Midtown, the SandRidge amenities building, the downtown elementary school and I'm sure some others not already announced.
    Yeah, I'll be honest with you: this was a deal requested mid-week by local desk when I was already pretty busy working on the MidTown situation. Obviously I could have added a lot more into this - including likely outcome to be learned with Stage Center, design of the new police and city court buildings, etc. It's definitely going to be one of those transition years akin to 1999, 2002 and 2006. Seems like we're hitting these benchmark years about every four to five years.

Steve, I certainly didn't mean my comments as any sort of criticism. I have tremendous respect for what you do and the volume of quality work you put forth.

I'm still struggling to write one silly little blog post about Project 180!

Just meant to supplement what you wrote.

4. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

No, no, I know this. It's just that I'm being critical of it. It's not really my best work - it could have been a lot more exhaustive. And if I had thought it through, I probably would have added in this little nugget: evidence is building that there will be another "skyscraper" added to the skyline.

^^Taller than Chase but shorter than Devon,right?My next door neighbor is crane operator from Texas,He was told to be on standby if He wanted the work.I hope He is correct,but We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    ... I probably would have added in this little nugget: evidence is building that there will be another "skyscraper" added to the skyline.
    Ah crap - why do you do this to us?

Let the speculation begin!I Love it!

8. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Well either you want me to tell you as much as I can tell you, or not. Seriously, if I had more I could confidently share, I would!

9. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

From January 14 2012

Thanks Will!

Cropped one of those photos to show 1) Dowell starting work on the improvement of their eastern facade and 2) the demolition of the old Globe Life building has begun:

11. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Great summation article from Steve and with Pete's additions, it's a good look at what 2012 will bring us downtown.

Somebody said they didn't think aloft would be ready by 2012. What's the thinking there?

Will, you provide some wonderful pictures for us here on OKCTalk. For that, a big thanks!

Will's last photo is desktop-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Somebody said they didn't think aloft would be ready by 2012. What's the thinking there?
    On their website, it has said for awhile opening 2013. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofth...ortType=region

Mind you, I think it will be early 2013, as I've read that elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post

I'm thinking maybe it's the print media equivalent of Film at 11.

Keep sharing Steve. We can take it (most of us anyhows)

15. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

That was while I was headed back to the car after doing video from 7:30 with the sunrise until around Noon. Walking around with a tripod and camera and snapped that. Still don't feel comfortable around SandRidge. It was almost an afterthought to take the pictures. That was with an iPhone. I could do more with a real camera.

And if I had thought it through, I probably would have added in this little nugget: evidence is building that there will be another "skyscraper" added to the skyline.
    Just to be clear, this is in addition to a possible new Sandridge building, correct?

I think it's pretty obvious that the downtown market needs a sizable chunk of Class A space and that a developer or two is going to seize this opportunity.

It shouldn't be that hard to find an anchor tenant to take about 1/3 of a new structure and then lease the rest on spec.

Even if someone is already working on plans, it would take about 2-3 years to bring space on-line. By that time you'd think they'd have a line of people wanting space given the momentum downtown and the pace at which the area's largest employers are projected to grow.

18. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Just to be clear, this is in addition to a possible new Sandridge building, correct?
    Very much. Yep. The SandRidge building, while still not clearly lined out to the public, has been officially confirmed. And this isn't the potential convention hotel either.

19. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Very much. Yep. The SandRidge building, while still not clearly lined out to the public, has been officially confirmed. And this isn't the potential convention hotel either.
    do you know when we will find out more about this new building? Maybe a hint on how big it will be????you tossed out a treat, but now I want the whole box

21. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

I promise, when I get this story nailed down, I'll quickly share it.

Sandridge is going to have it's hands full in 2012 with the Braniff Building and amenities complex, plus their part in re-doing Kerr Park.

I bet it will take them most the year to have any sort of handle of their future needs so I bet they don't even know the scale of a future companion tower.

23. Default Re: Steve's prognosis for 2012

Based on what I've been told, we're probably looking at 2014/2015.

Steve, you're making my weekend.

Based on what I've been told, we're probably looking at 2014/2015.
    Completion or construction?

Thread Information